Did I just lose my double C&A points by repricing yesterday? (Nov 6 '21)

We originally booked our 8 night June '22 cruise on the Allure on Sept 27th '21, so we were within the window for getting double C&A points (offer ended Sept 30th).

We have 4 cabins booked and the price of each was down over $800 so I repriced.   Now the issue date on the invoice says Nov 5th '21.  I assume we lost the double C&A offer?

Not a huge deal, but we're getting closer to Diamond so every bit helped.

Thanks,
Dan

As long as you kept the same booking numbers, you shouldn't have lost the offer. What counts is the booking date. Look for that on your invoice (it's towards top right on mine, just below the invoice issue date).

22 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

No, as long as the booking number is the same.

23 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

As long as you kept the same booking numbers, you shouldn't have lost the offer. What counts is the booking date. Look for that on your invoice (it's towards top right on mine, just below the invoice issue date).

Thanks for the replies.  Well, the only date that shows on mine is the Issue date, which is now Nov 5.  Hmm....  see my screen grab below.  Previously it was Sept 27th.  The booking numbers did not change.

booking.jpg

29 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Thanks for the replies.  Well, the only date that shows on mine is the Issue date, which is now Nov 5.  Hmm....  see my screen grab below.  Previously it was Sept 27th.  The booking numbers did not change.

I noticed that invoices for sailings booked directly don't have the Booking Date, but sailings booked with (or transferred to) a TA do.

Original direct booking:

image.png.eaa22777420957ed6d6b214d4e464a1d.png

After transfer to TA:

image.png.3056fcf980b848585b3db6ed5063606f.png

Edited by Another_Critic

I didn't even get a receipt for my direct booking, only from my TA after I transferred it. It looks just like @Another_Critic's. Since you've kept the same booking I'm sure you'll be fine  @The Fun Researcher. The "issue date" must be the date the new receipt was issued like it is in our examples. 

image.png.9411d1af54af7724db5dbfb5b9d51dfb.png

Usually there is a place on the invoice that says something like... Confirmation copy #. Every time there is a change made on the reservation the # increases. This way every thing is traceable back to the original reservation with changes made along the way.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Usually there is a place on the invoice that says something like... Confirmation copy #. Every time there is a change made on the reservation the # increases. This way every thing is traceable back to the original reservation with changes made along the way.

That appears to be only on the RCI invoices that were booked thru a TA.

22 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

booking.jpg

That is just the issue date for the invoice. The original booking date is what they go by. You will still get the double points. 

20 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

That appears to be only on the RCI invoices that were booked thru a TA.

I book through RCI. I just checked my last invoice for a cruise that I got several price drops for. The changes are numbered.

41 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I book through RCI. I just checked my last invoice for a cruise that I got several price drops for. The changes are numbered.

Strange.  Mine that are booked through RCI are not numbered.  But not surprising with consistently inconsistent Royal IT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volk904 said:

Nobody has said anything so maybe I was wrong but I thought the double points booking period was extended.  

No, the CWC booking deadline was extended to 12/17/21, but the double point promo ended 9/30/21.