Are specialty coffees still included in the classic package?

kristapb

The current description of the classic beverage package on the Celebrity website does not mention specialty coffees, although the Premium one does.  The FAQs still say specialty coffees are included in the classic package.  I hope this is just an oversight in the package descriptions?  We are heading out on Apex next Saturday and I love those morning lattes.

Anyone recently cruised with the classic package that can confirm if they are still included?

Thank you!!!!

• Like 1

Looks like they have updated the page that compares classic to premium... but both offer 'premium coffees'.. Don't see them use the term specialty anymore.... but from what I recall ...unless there has been a recent change.... the coffees in the cafe are part of the classic package...unless they contain alcohol... so they should be included.... Hopefully someone who has cruised recently can confirm... here is a link https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

Just off the Millennium; specialty coffees are still included in the classic package.

There is no daily limit on drinks. Non-alcoholic drinks like coke and lattes and cappuccinos are covered under the classic package. You do have to pay for those if you don’t have a drink package.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, PSR said:

We have not been on Celebrity in a while, never had a drink package. What is the daily limit on drinks, and are non-alcoholic counted, such as coffee?

There is no limit on the number of beverages.  The Classic package coveres drinks up to $9.  Any drink over $9 you pay tge difference plus 20% gratuity.  

5 minutes ago, PSR said:

We have not been on Celebrity in a while, never had a drink package. What is the daily limit on drinks, and are non-alcoholic counted, such as coffee?

They don't limit you ... might be different if you are falling down drunk...not sure... We have only had a drink package once before. We are Elite..so we used to just rely on the captains cocktail hour from 5-7 and then had perhaps some wine with dinner. I am not a soft drink user...mostly unsweet iced tea and coffee. But with the classic drink package... you can get things like pina colada. I am disappointed that Baileys and Chambord are not on the list... I like Kir Royal (Champagne and Chambord). Now there is some discussion about martinis in the martini bar...they have some pretty pricy options...but if you ask for a martini that is covered by the classic package..you should be able to get one...might not be as large as others...but you can always get a second. 

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Any drink over $9 you pay tge difference plus 20% gratuity.  

Good to know! On HAL there is an $11 max on their Classic-like plan and you have to pay full price if it's over that amount.

25 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

Just off the Millennium; specialty coffees are still included in the classic package.

Thanks, Dutravel for the info!  Happy my husband can still go get me that first latte in the morning!

13 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Not necessarily. We are on a sailing next month and have nothing included 

Do you know why your specific reservation is excluded from "Always Included"? Do you also not have gratuities and WiFi?

Edited by h2dcruise

3 hours ago, PSR said:

It is very important for you to know that for you to be able to drink all day with the drink pack you have to  start very early in the morning.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, h2dcruise said:

But doesn't everyone have the classic drinks package now with "Always Included"?

No.  There are Simply Sail, loyalty and guarantee cabin rates that do not have "Always Included."

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, h2dcruise said:

But doesn't everyone have the classic drinks package now with "Always Included"?

No, those who booked Sail Only rates, those who booked before AI, those who did a Lift & Shift that didn’t have those perks, and those who get Blue Chip comped cruises.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, h2dcruise said:

Well yes of course you have a classic package if you have Always Included. Not everyone has Always Included (for example, if you booked before November 17, 2020 when Always Included was introduced). You can also book a cruise only rate without Always Included for some sailings.

Edited by DUTRAVEL
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kristapb said:

Thanks, Dutravel for the info!  Happy my husband can still go get me that first latte in the morning!

Just an FYI, He may need to bring both key cards to get two lattes.

If he goes every day, and they get to know him, he may not need to keep bringing both cards.

15 hours ago, Dancing Shoes said:

Yes.

Not necessarily... the recent Residents promotion excluded the Always Included perks... also if you took advantage of it as a Captains Club member.. you too did not get these perks. I wish they would come up with another advertising slogan... I assume the plan was to just offer the Always Included...but I think they adjusted based on consumer push back.

16 hours ago, hiccups said:

No.  There are Simply Sail, loyalty and guarantee cabin rates that do not have "Always Included."

We booked a guarantee Aqua class on Millennium for January, and it DID have AI. I was surprised. Also for that sailing, Aqua and Concierge guarantee was the same price as a regular balcony guarantee.