Anybody onboard currently?

takemewithyou

2 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

On an excursion, perhaps?

We have been at sea every day since embarkation.  The timing is right given a normal 2-3 day incubation period.  Hopefully it will be a one and done.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, laurieb said:

Last cruise, they also had a station for special breakfast offerings 

Good to know- on this transatlantic they keep taking away an hour, so breakfast for me consists of a new regiment- going to sunset veranda outside Windows for a “sex on the beach” drink( better than a mimosa) followed by lunch!    - makes for a very relaxing day-

New captain Jonas Lyddby has been keeping us between 2 low pressure systems and we have had great weather! No new Covid cases announced today- hopefully one and done.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

We have been at sea every day since embarkation.  The timing is right given a normal 2-3 day incubation period.  Hopefully it will be a one and done.  

Right, that would be the other explanation. Hope it is a very mild case.

• Like 1

WOW.... just WOW... Tonight was the Azamara Circle "top cruiser" event, and as you may know, they often have a short entertainment event at it.   Tonight, first Amanda and Danny ( once and future Assistant CD) did their duet of "This is the song that goes like this".   This was followed by a special performance, of a Beethoven piano sonata by.... the Captain!   Captain Jonas played the whole "tempest" sonata and it was quite wonderful.   Who Knew!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, DS said:

WOW.... just WOW... Tonight was the Azamara Circle "top cruiser" event, and as you may know, they often have a short entertainment event at it.   Tonight, first Amanda and Danny ( once and future Assistant CD) did their duet of "This is the song that goes like this".   This was followed by a special performance, of a Beethoven piano sonata by.... the Captain!   Captain Jonas played the whole "tempest" sonata and it was quite wonderful.   Who Knew!

Before boarding Quest,  we had seen a video online of the captain playing a classical piano piece and really were hoping he would again play at the Circle top cruiser event. When boarding our Circle info card said invitation would come announcing time and place of that event- well no invitation made it- so we unfortunately are disappointed to have missed it.  Glad you enjoyed it!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, difranco said:

Joining Quest on 29th March. What is Azamara’s current protocol for mask wearing inside and outdoors on this Transatlantic cruise ? Did it change when the one covid case was announced ?

Taken from the Insider- onboard mask wearing when indoors and social distancing is not required but highly recommended.

No change in policy since one covid case announced.

At today’s noon announcement captain said the one covid case is in quarantine and one in isolation(close contact but covid negative)

We have noticed more passengers voluntarily wearing masks since the covid case, but not required. 

However, before embarking on this TA, we did have notice that masks required on our next two cruises. Mar 29 and Apr 5.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, floridafolks said:

Taken from the Insider- onboard mask wearing when indoors and social distancing is not required but highly recommended.

At today’s noon announcement captain said the one covid case is in quarantine and one in isolation(close contact but covid negative)

We have noticed more passengers voluntarily wearing masks since the covid case, but not required. 

However, before embarking on this TA, we did have notice that masks required on our next two cruises. Mar 29 and Apr 5.

how many people onboard ? any idea? 😉

41 minutes ago, floridafolks said:

I think the requirement about indoor mask wearing is determined (at least in part) by the rules of the departure country. On that basis I’d expect the rules for the TA from Miami to differ from that for Lisbon departures. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LeCommandant said:

how many people onboard ? any idea? 😉

I hear various numbers 225-240. They had expected 350 before late cancellations. 
They expect 400-450 on next two cruises- but with itinerary changes there could be some cancellations. With those numbers, they are considering opening both prime C and Aqualina with both menus. Currently reservations are for Prime C, but Aqualina is open with extra seating. The menu currently is an abbreviated version combining  both restaurants. 

Edited by floridafolks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skicruiser55 said:

FloridaFolks - would you ask what night the White Night is on our 4/5 sailing.  

I am not sure they know. When we boarded they were just settling on date of White Night for this cruise- they really tried to settle based on weather so we could hold it outside. I will ask a little closer to the sailing if that is ok. I think we will get a better answer. At least we know it will not be night of Destination Celebration. 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 10:04 AM, aliaschief said:

We boarded the Quest yesterday for our first Azamara cruise. Embarkation was slow and it appeared there were many computer issues going on as IT folks were scrambling. We love the ships decor and especially wood paneling adds to the beauty.

We are in a Continental Suite and enjoying the cabin. We are booked for the World Cruise so thought we better check out the ship and our cabin before committing to such a lengthy cruise.

Pleased with entertainment and the crew is wonderful.

Had breakfast in Prime C and despite being told that wearing long pants were required their were many wearing folks clad in shorts.

It’s very windy and we definitely can sense we are on a ship in rough seas.

So how was the food and service?

On 3/22/2022 at 10:18 AM, floridafolks said:

We have not heard this, I hope it’s not true.  It would seem strange to put it back in place.  I understand a country may require it when ashore.

3 hours ago, KirkNC said:

We have not heard this, I hope it’s not true.  It would seem strange to put it back in place.  I understand a country may require it when ashore.

I guess it ties into this:

Effective for all sailings from U.S. ports, masks are recommended but are not required while indoors. Masks may be required in ports of call depending on local governments mandates.

For all other non-U.S. sailings departing outside of the U.S., masks will continue to be required indoors when physical distancing isn’t possible, including public areas, terminals, during shore excursions and in ports of call based on local government regulations. You will not be required to wear a mask in staterooms, while dining, or in outdoor spaces when physical distancing is possible.

We will continue to update our mask policy as protocols evolve and change.

3 hours ago, KirkNC said:

I guess it ties into this:

Effective for all sailings from U.S. ports, masks are recommended but are not required while indoors. Masks may be required in ports of call depending on local governments mandates.

For all other non-U.S. sailings departing outside of the U.S., masks will continue to be required indoors when physical distancing isn’t possible, including public areas, terminals, during shore excursions and in ports of call based on local government regulations. You will not be required to wear a mask in staterooms, while dining, or in outdoor spaces when physical distancing is possible.

We will continue to update our mask policy as protocols evolve and change.

Yes - on current TA from US port(Miami) we received email regarding masks info contained in your first paragraph.

For 3/29 and 4/5 sailings from non- US ports(Lisbon) we received email regarding masks contained in your 2nd paragraph.

Of course things change often, so we just listen to announcements as to what to do. 

• Like 1

We board Quest 5 April. (Yay!) Am I correct in assuming Azamara does not provide masks to passengers? I want to make sure we bring along enough. 

We returned to cruising last October on another line that provided masks.

I can’t wait to not have to ask this question. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Harrietq said:

We board Quest 5 April. (Yay!) Am I correct in assuming Azamara does not provide masks to passengers? I want to make sure we bring along enough. 

We were provided Azamara cloth masks when we cruised in October but we chose to use our own as we found they were uncomfortable as they were quite thick.  

We are also boarding on the 5th!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harrietq said:

They do provide masks. My DH rather likes them as his glasses do not fog like with other masks- they are kinda big, but soft.

• Thanks 1