Bringing Wrapped Case of Water on Board?

Esahuma

I am not able to drink their desalinated water on board - my system does not care for it 🙂  We used to be able to buy a case of water onboard at Ft. Lauderdale or Miami - Does anyone know if this policy has changed since covid?

Thank you in advance - 

You used to be able to slap a luggage on a case of water and have it delivered to your stateroom. That is no longer allowed. You are now allowed to bring a maximum of twelve 17oz. bottles or cans (per stateroom) on board and those bottles/cans MUST be in your CARRY ON baggage.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

You can still buy water (Evian or Desani) via the cruise planner.

Thank you so much - we used to buy this but then we were able to get as much as we needed on D+ - I really appreciate your help!  

We boarded Allure yesterday with a 12-pack of water in our carry-on rolling bag. Easy pessy and no questions asked by Security!  I always buy the shrink-wrapped water to avoid having Security remove a bottle for the shakedown inspection. 😉 

• Like 2

Buying water on line for delivery to cabin is the easiest way.  Yes you might find water in big box stores and grocers a little cheaper, but not having to lug to ship and then to cabin and missing the hassle of getting it through security, even with no questions asked, is well worth the extra $.

• Like 1

I have found that when using a Diamond voucher to order a drink I can often request a bottle of water and not be charged for it.  Slipping a tip across with your order seems to unlock many benefits.  $1 or $2 is a small price to pay for building a relationship with bar staff and cheaper than burning a diamond voucher for a bottle of water or buying one at normal ship prices.   

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

I have found that when using a Diamond voucher to order a drink I can often request a bottle of water and not be charged for it.  Slipping a tip across with your order seems to unlock many benefits.  $1 or $2 is a small price to pay for building a relationship with bar staff and cheaper than burning a diamond voucher for a bottle of water or buying one at normal ship prices.   

Yes we always tip but not sure how strict they are now with covid thing 

Thank you all for your answers really appreciate it - we used to buy water before we were D then we were always able to get them in the D Lounge Yes we do always tip for every drink - but with this 5 drink limit i was not sure if they would count waters -

I did go online for our next 6 cruises and purchased water!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!  WISHING YOU ALL FAIR WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS! 🙂 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maitaivegas said:

I’m new here, how do you buy water online and have it sent to your cabin?

I have mobility issues and just getting enough clothes and supplies on for 7 days will be hard enough.

thank you

In your cruise planner under beverage pkgs theres an option for water 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, twangster said:

You know that is stealing?  I hope that bartender would pay the price.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

You know that is stealing?  I hope that bartender would pay the price.

No it is not stealing.  Reaching over the bar and grabbing something is stealing.  A crew member putting more than exactly one shot of alcohol in my drink is not stealing.  A crew member offering a loyal frequent cruiser a bottle of water is not stealing.  

Welcome to the block party!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

I’m new here, how do you buy water online and have it sent to your cabin?

I have mobility issues and just getting enough clothes and supplies on for 7 days will be hard enough.

thank you

You do you realize that there’s nothing wrong with the tapwater on the ship and it’s free. If you like ice water just have your cabin attendant bring you an ice bucket twice a day. 

Rules say you can bring 12 bottles per cabin. But you could also bring 12 bottles per person if you and Sam each carry them on separately, in the security line. But they have to be carried on (if you follow the rules) :classic_smile: Or maybe they could be dietary use? Or put them in their own luggage duffle with a tag? :classic_biggrin:

"On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. "

Link: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Buying water on line for delivery to cabin is the easiest way.  Yes you might find water in big box stores and grocers a little cheaper, but not having to lug to ship and then to cabin and missing the hassle of getting it through security, even with no questions asked, is well worth the extra $.

But,,, you are limited to 12 bottles per cabin as carry on. 

1 hour ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Thats exactly what we are going to do too. $31 for 12 bottles of water is crazy! 

It is what you would pay at 7-11. I stand in line with my coffee every morning and the same people have multiple bottles of water at that price. 

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Rules say you can bring 12 bottles per cabin. But you could also bring 12 bottles per person if you and Sam each carry them on separately, in the security line. But they have to be carried on (if you follow the rules) :classic_smile: Or maybe they could be dietary use? Or put them in their own luggage duffle with a tag? :classic_biggrin:

"On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne, as long as one guest is of legal drinking age. Corkscrews will be provided for guests to enjoy their drinks in their stateroom. If guests wish to enjoy their wine or champagne in our dining or bar venues, there will be a corkage fee applied.

Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom. Milk and distilled water brought on for infant, medical, or dietary use are permitted. "

Link: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

Awh thank you so much!  So good to hear from you dear friend!  Hope that all has been good for you over the last 20 months!  Sam and I are used to the 'old' D+ Event where we could get water every day - and now we have the 5 limit on our card.  We are presently on Harmony with the Drink Package so we have been 'putting away' a few cans of water for the B2B - 21 days total on Harmony!  We are blessed - but they are holding to that rule of 5 drinks - including water in the D event - 

Hope that we will get to meet again on another cruise soon!  Blessings to you both for health - happiness and joy overflowing!  -- Audrilee and Sam

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 6:41 AM, cruiseguy1016 said:

You used to be able to slap a luggage on a case of water and have it delivered to your stateroom. That is no longer allowed. You are now allowed to bring a maximum of twelve 17oz. bottles or cans (per stateroom) on board and those bottles/cans MUST be in your CARRY ON baggage.

carry one? what are backpack for, I always fill my backpack with water and give it to the luggage guy. 3 hrs latter its in my door 

• Like 1

OP - it was suggested that one use  a D voucher for one of the large bottles of water sold  when getting of the ship at ports.    

We drink from bottles  but i guess more often tap.   I drink at least a  glass at each meal and i assume that is tap.    I also assume tap is used for ice,  in the food prep or in other  beverages.    

M

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 3:00 PM, Marie51 said:

You do you realize that there’s nothing wrong with the tapwater on the ship and it’s free. If you like ice water just have your cabin attendant bring you an ice bucket twice a day. 

The OP said "I am not able to drink their desalinated water on board - my system does not care for it " So saying there is nothing wrong with the tap water doesn't really help the OP

On  Personal Note.. I do not like the taste of the tap water on the ship. I drink between 3 and 4 liters of water a day. I really don't want to drink that much of something I don't like the taste of 

8 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

carry one? what are backpack for, I always fill my backpack with water and give it to the luggage guy. 3 hrs latter its in my door 

You are not allowed to to send a case of water/soda, backpack full of water, or even 12 packs to the porters. You must carry it on... There is always the option of collecting it from the naughty room 

• Like 3