bumped out

espresso68

1 minute ago, espresso68 said:

Thank you all for your comments. I feel much better about this situation.First time in aqua suit. I just wantd to know if I can eat the same food as in mdr.When they sent the email I thought the whole cruise was cancelled the way they worded it. I called my agent &evrything was ok.Again thank you for your feedback

You're welcome! See you aboard in 11 days. We're having a sail away party at the Sunset Bar. Please drop by to say hi. 

6 hours ago, espresso68 said:

Will be on equinox 11/28/21.Ibooked select dining 9 months ago@ 7:15 in the main dining room.Iwas told yesterday my reservation was cancelled because i booked an aqua suit room & I have to eat in the blue restaurant.Idon't want to eat there.We booked the room for the spa.Both have arthritis & thought it be good for us.I can't believe this.They said it's their new policy,One week before the cruise.We are so upset.Looked forward to this cruise for 2 yrs.Does anybody have any ideas?

You got it sorted, very good....

Please let us know upon your return, how it worked out....

bon appetit and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

3 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I have never booked Aqua. Do the menus in Blu have the dietary symbols as those in the MDR?
I am Dairy Intolerant, so wonder if they could accommodate me.

Probably more than in the MDR, they are very accommodating in BLU and Luminae.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I'm pretty sure they will let you eat where you choose.  

We booked a couple of Aqua Class cruises pre Covid and loved Blu for the smaller venue and superb service but some of the menus were not great.  We liked that we didn't have to eat  with hundreds of people every night and we were able to order off the MDR on both the Infinity and Equinox when we choose to.

Post Covid we did a Retreat cruise and absolutely loved Luminae and the Retreat experience, now we will only book suites going forward. Already have 3 Sky Suite cruises booked on Edge and Apex.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 1

Good the OP has it worked out. Another option is if you want the Spa but don’t want Aqua is to get the SR you want and then sign up for daily (Full Cruise) spa. Not cheap but (usually) cheaper than going Aqua. 

Blu is very nice, but it all depends on taste and so on. We enjoyed Blu but find the MDR, especially on E-Class, to meet what we enjoy. Going to try the Retreat’s Luminae on our 2022 TA. 

Den

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, breadandbutter said:

Have you looked at the pics of Blu? It looks lovely. I haven't read any reports of anyone wanting to dine in MDR after having dined in Blu. Let's us know what happens please. 

Blu normally does not serve prime rib on the 1st night of the cruise, MDR does. That is why we have dinner in the select section of the MDR on the 1st night. I had asked the Maitre D if we could get prime rib in Blu on the 1st night. The Maitre D said no. I gave the Maitre D our room numbers and said we would be dining in the MDR the 1st night. We did not have any problems getting a table of 4 in the MDR.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

We booked a couple of Aqua Class cruises pre Covid and loved Blu for the smaller venue and superb service but some of the menus were not great.  We liked that we didn't have to eat  with hundreds of people every night and we were able to order off the MDR on both the Infinity and Equinox when we choose to.

Post Covid we did a Retreat cruise and absolutely loved Luminae and the Retreat experience, now we will only book suites going forward. Already have 3 Sky Suite cruises booked on Edge and Apex.

I am in the process of trying to upgrade my next cruise on Apex to the lowest level suite.  Celebrity is having a hard time figuring out what to allow me for my current booking, it was lifted and shifted twice with some FCC involved.  Currently booked in an SV on Apex in March.  I think the retreat on the Edge class would be very nice, from everything I have seen/read.  

Next cruise on Equinox in the fall is in Aqua...