Platinum/Diamond rooms ready early?

haehaehaley

I’m sure this has been asked but I can’t find it now. 
Are platinum and diamond rooms ready early on embarkation day like they were before the shutdown? I’m platinum and cruise in 3 weeks and wondering what to expect. It’s not a big deal if they aren’t, I just don’t want to try to access my room early if I’m not supposed to. 

Sorry that I can't answer your question.  Feel that this is a moving target.  We just left the Mardi Gras Halloween cruise.  We were in a suite and we are Platinum.  We weren't told we could access the cabin early so we hung out at a bar and did lunch before accessing our cabin with our carryon.  We showed up about 1 PM and a crew member at the elevator told us after looking at our boarding pass that we could go ahead to our cabin.  Our cabin was ready and the cabin steward came by right away to introduce himself.  He still seemed busy and not prepared.  We are easy keepers and just dropped our bags and moved on.    

• Like 2

On the Horizon in September they had no problem with us dropping our stuff off at the cabin.  It was already cleaned and ready (at 11:30 am) but we didn't stay there.  On the Freedom in October they absolutely would not let you go anywhere near your cabin.  They had crew at all the staircases guarding the cabin access doors.  It was a little after 1:00 when they finally let people go to cabins.  This was their second cruise since restart, and their first turn around day so maybe they just needed the extra time because of that.

• Like 1

We were on Panorama last month, and our cards were not in the slot, and the cabin door was closed when we got on. We checked back around 12:30, and our cards were there, and the cabin was ready.

On Valor last week, our cabin was ready at 11:30. We always check right when we get on, but we are good either way. If we have to wear our backpacks a little longer, that's just the universe saying "You've now earned those 2 desserts that you were gonna have anyway for dinner". 🥰

• Like 5

Sounds like it’s a little different on every cruise. We’ll check and see when we board.   It’s really no big deal either way, I just didn’t want to be barging back there if they didn’t want us to haha 
And I don’t follow John so I don’t know what his announcements are

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The luggage drop off (only for Platinum/Diamonds) has been repeatedly announced by John Heald

Its been so long since I heard John announce anything on board a cruise

and i know he doesnt have my phone# anymore.

So for those of us that dont hear every announcement he makes Im glad the OP asked the question

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Our cruise last month on Vista we went to the deck our cabin was on about 12'30. We're Platinum. The main double doors were still locked, but a single door down a short hallway to the left wasn't locked. Went in that way. Our cabin was ready, but we just dropped off our carry on,  got our S&S cards out of the mail box, and went to get lunch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Sorry that I can't answer your question.  Feel that this is a moving target.  We just left the Mardi Gras Halloween cruise.  We were in a suite and we are Platinum.  We weren't told we could access the cabin early so we hung out at a bar and did lunch before accessing our cabin with our carryon.  We showed up about 1 PM and a crew member at the elevator told us after looking at our boarding pass that we could go ahead to our cabin.  Our cabin was ready and the cabin steward came by right away to introduce himself.  He still seemed busy and not prepared.  We are easy keepers and just dropped our bags and moved on.    

Not prepared for what?

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Not prepared for what?

Our cabin was ready and waiting I would guess because we were in a suite.  Our cabin steward appeared to still be working on finishing other cabins, so he wasn't prepared for everyone to show up at that time.  

21 hours ago, willdra said:

We were on Panorama last month, and our cards were not in the slot, and the cabin door was closed when we got on. We checked back around 12:30, and our cards were there, and the cabin was ready.

On Valor last week, our cabin was ready at 11:30. We always check right when we get on, but we are good either way. If we have to wear our backpacks a little longer, that's just the universe saying "You've now earned those 2 desserts that you were gonna have anyway for dinner". 🥰

Hey girl! When are those reviews going to be up? :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Our cabin was ready and waiting I would guess because we were in a suite.  Our cabin steward appeared to still be working on finishing other cabins, so he wasn't prepared for everyone to show up at that time.  

Maybe I mis understood the post.  That is what they do.  The early boarding is due to covid, that is what they say and I will believe that till something changes.  I have sailed 3 times since cruising returned and my room has been ready (as it always has) when I got on.  

• Like 1

On the Magic Nov. 6th, and no room was not cleaned, it was a mess, no cards but we left some carryon luggage in the closet.  It was well after 1:30 when we went back to the cabin and it was ready. So not sure if was ready at 1:30 or not.  Also, in 2017 when we sailed the Magic it was the same way.  Platinum before the cruises.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 7:39 PM, jonbgd said:

So for those of us that dont hear every announcement he makes Im glad the OP asked the question

Same here - and not everyone on here uses social media. Thanks to the OP for asking the question as I was wondering the same.  Will follow this thread until we sail in a few weeks, Lord willing! 

• Like 1

I follow John Heald as well, and made an attempt to go to our lido balcony room last week on the Breeze. We were met with by one of the staff with a standard "the rooms are not ready" comment after we were told at the embarkation desk that our room was ready.

A brief review of our boarding documents in hand and she saw we were platinum and our cabin was indeed ready, room keys in the slot. We dropped off carry-ons and didn't hang around in the halls as the cabin stewards were in full blitz mode.

These turnaround days put crew members in a place they might not be familiar with or haven't had a day off in a while. We met her again in Cucina Del Capitano and she did well for gratuities from our group of ten. By the way, that's the best $15 you can spend aboard a Carnival ship. I regret only trying the food there during lunch on past cruises.

One.jpg

Two.jpg

Three.jpg

Five.jpg

• Like 2