Black Friday $300 OBC Applies to New and Previous Bookings

Lady Arwen

Hello from the UK,

We are trying our first celebrity cruise on Reflection on 12th Jan, having sailed other lines.  As we booked via the UK site is it worth a call to see if the OBC can be applied? We are booked in SV which is sold out however a C1 is now a little less than what we paid,  Reading various threads I get the impression the UK pricing is pretty fixed and wont be changed after booking.

Any advice welcome, thanks

When the original 50% off 2nd passenger was announced a bit ago, we saved a good chunk of $$ by repricing.

When the promo was changed to added OBC, I called again.  This time I was given $200 OBC!

Today I called again & booked Celebrity Air, this saved us another $ 350 ish pp, VS what I could book the air portion for myself on our European sailing in the fall!  Best part…no $ upfront to book the Celebrity Air & can cancel until final cruise payment date…maybe there will be lower prices on the air as my sailing date gets closer!!  Win, win !

48 minutes ago, lasekeye said:

When the original 50% off 2nd passenger was announced a bit ago, we saved a good chunk of $$ by repricing.

When the promo was changed to added OBC, I called again.  This time I was given $200 OBC!

Today I called again & booked Celebrity Air, this saved us another $ 350 ish pp, VS what I could book the air portion for myself on our European sailing in the fall!  Best part…no $ upfront to book the Celebrity Air & can cancel until final cruise payment date…maybe there will be lower prices on the air as my sailing date gets closer!!  Win, win !

Same here!  First promo 20% discount on cruise fares….saved $1300.00. Second promo 50% off second passenger……saved another $300.00.  Third promo $300.00 OBC added to booking.  Nice!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

11 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Same here!  First promo 20% discount on cruise fares….saved $1300.00. Second promo 50% off second passenger……saved another $300.00.  Third promo $300.00 OBC added to booking.  Nice!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

You have done many people a great service by starting this thread.  Thanks very much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, marieps said:

You have done many people a great service by starting this thread.  Thanks very much.

I love to see my fellow CC members take advantage of sales.  More money to put towards the next cruise!

• Like 4

We had booked a 12-night sailing on the Solstice October 2022 sailing around Japan in aft corner Sky Suite. I booked in March and have done as others taking advantage of the last two promotions. Sometimes we with sail with our adult son with mobility challenges and the extra space of the Sky Suite really helps, plus access to Laminae, avoiding the crowds at the buffet.

This time I looked closer at other options. I decided that on something other than an Edge Class along with current available options the Sky Suite did not make sense for just the two of us. I switched to a Sunset Veranda and added the Indulge package. Was able to get last of the SV cabins with the wider veranda. Savings of $6000 and have $1100 in OBC (with the extra $300 from current offer) to cover all the specialty dining we would want plus some excursions.

Wish they would get back to Revolutionizing the older ships. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes you should be able to.    Usually the only groups that don't qualify are the large affinity groups.  

15 minutes ago, marieps said:

The "Warehouse TA" had me in a group and I still got the break.

Thanks, I'm goimgnto email my TA now! 

On 11/23/2021 at 8:29 AM, Lady Arwen said:

I just called Celebrity regarding our Apex sailing for 2022 and was able to refare with the 50% off second passenger and they added $300.00 OBC as well.  Total of $700 (Canadian) savings.  I was on hold for less than ten minutes to reach an agent and she processed the booking in five minutes!  Thank you, Celebrity!

Our category is sold out so it’s a no go for me.

47 minutes ago, galveston gal said:

Our category is sold out so it’s a no go for me.

Please call again!  Our category was also showing sold out online, but when I called they had no problem refaring and adding OBC.  I think that sometimes it’s easier to tell you “No” than it is to go through the procedures to get it done.  Don’t give up!

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 8:38 AM, Lastdance said:

So, you are saying that it applies to all previous bookings?  So many times the price is so much higher, but I would appreciate it if you shared more specific information than general; can you do that? I have 8 cruises booked, many with categories sold out, along with a few TA's and a holiday cruise.  I called my TA to look at repricing, as she can do this with one call. Also, I am checking myself too.  

My experience was with a previous onboard booking.  My TA called yesterday and for a 2023 B2B on the Beyond we saved $2,661.94 and secured an OBC of $200.00 for EACH leg of the B2b.  We were very pleased with the results.

I wonder if the reason so many people are have success repricing "sold out" categories is that the category isn't actually sold out. If I look up my Nov. 2022 Apex sailing, according to X, all the aft S1 suites are sold out. However, both the big box TA I deal with, and Expedia actual show availability for those aft S1 cabins. Not saying this is the case for everyone, but it might explain at least some.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cdn_tbird said:

I wonder if the reason so many people are have success repricing "sold out" categories is that the category isn't actually sold out. If I look up my Nov. 2022 Apex sailing, according to X, all the aft S1 suites are sold out. However, both the big box TA I deal with, and Expedia actual show availability for those aft S1 cabins. Not saying this is the case for everyone, but it might explain at least some.

Makes a lot of sense. We had booked the last available SV through Celebrity on our Nov 4 Apex cruise in late September. I then submitted the BPG form anyway as a Hail Mary after the 20% discount promotion started in October. To my surprise we received $1,418 in OBC posted to our account. Then about 3 weeks before the cruise, 5 SV cabins all of the sudden became available, possibly because as you suggest some TAs eventually released their “hold”, or whatever they call it, on those cabins they had previously reserved but couldn’t sell. Definitely something to keep in mind for future reference. 🤔

Edited by Ken the cruiser

I called to ask for the  OBC yesterday on our 11 day cruise in January. I was told I couldn't get it. I couldn't understand her (accent) very well. I got ahold of my CVP later and she said the first girl gave it to me after all. I guess she took pity on me.