Anyone find a good Black Friday on board sale?

Iamcruzin

Yes!  Saved on multiple device (4) Voom and streaming, Photo Session, and non alcoholic drink packages for Alaska on Quantum of the Sea 27 Jun sailing.

Alcohol packages were more expensive.  I think they bumped up the base costs from what we bought in the Fall sale, tho.  (Can’t just look at % savings, I guess)

No savings on the cruise that I can see.  

the sale ends today.  Maybe there will be an even better actual Black Friday sale, or they just extend this one…..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SummerBeee said:

Going on Allure and Independence soon. Got beach club, up up and away, and Evian at decent prices

Did yours specifically say Evian or was it the Spring Water package in cans?  And did it show as Spring Water on your Order History but also list it as Dasani? Just trying to figure out what we actually bought. Hoping for spring because I can’t stand Dasani.

9D5DAC53-409E-4D47-8503-C07013AD4622.jpeg

3 hours ago, monorail81 said:

Did yours specifically say Evian or was it the Spring Water package in cans?  And did it show as Spring Water on your Order History but also list it as Dasani? Just trying to figure out what we actually bought. Hoping for spring because I can’t stand Dasani.

Dasani is not a spring water, so I would say that Royal shouldn't be able to serve Dasani if you've purchased 'spring water.    Dasani is a purified water, and it actually states on its website that it is not spring water, but purified.     

Coming from Scotland, I would not be happy if I had paid for spring water, and I was given Dasani.   We have lots of spring water which is bottled and sold straight from the hills.  

4 hours ago, monorail81 said:

Thanks for the heads up- mine said spring water when I bought it. I went into my planner and it said Dasani  which is false advertising. I cancelled that order.

Edited by Maitaivegas

We saved $896 on our Chill Island Cabana at Coco Cay.  We had originally booked it for $1199 plus tax ($1342.88).  Called Tuesday morning and they rebooked it for $399 plus tax ($446.88).  They had to cancel it and rebook it.  All of the cabanas are sold out for my sailing.  I was so worried that someone would snatch it while it was being rebooked.  I was so happy when I got it for the new lower price 🙂

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, karin037 said:

We saved $896 on our Chill Island Cabana at Coco Cay.  We had originally booked it for $1199 plus tax ($1342.88).  Called Tuesday morning and they rebooked it for $399 plus tax ($446.88).  They had to cancel it and rebook it.  All of the cabanas are sold out for my sailing.  I was so worried that someone would snatch it while it was being rebooked.  I was so happy when I got it for the new lower price 🙂

congratulations

• Like 1

I just booked Up, Up & Away Helium Balloon Ride for 1 adult & 1 child (granddaughter 10) & a Voom Surf Internet for 1 device for $108.  I am happy!  I wasn't going to get an internet package but DH is staying home & son is coming with me.  He has medical issues so I will be checking on him through email daily for our peace of mind.  My son & granddaughter will be sailing with me on 6/17/22 on Oasis.  It will be her first cruise & his first on a cruise ship (he was in the Navy). 

How long will this sale last?  I think I read for a couple of days?  I want to tell my DS so he can order any excursions he might be interested in.

1 hour ago, PTAngel said:

I just booked Up, Up & Away Helium Balloon Ride for 1 adult & 1 child (granddaughter 10) & a Voom Surf Internet for 1 device for $108.  I am happy!  I wasn't going to get an internet package but DH is staying home & son is coming with me.  He has medical issues so I will be checking on him through email daily for our peace of mind.  My son & granddaughter will be sailing with me on 6/17/22 on Oasis.  It will be her first cruise & his first on a cruise ship (he was in the Navy). 

How long will this sale last?  I think I read for a couple of days?  I want to tell my DS so he can order any excursions he might be interested in.

It ends tomorrow night.

• Thanks 1

I booked an Oasis Lagoon Cabana for our August Harmony cruise for $399. Last time I had checked the price it was $1,199. Our Oasis cruises in May and September had them for the same price but since it was only two of us, I didn’t bite. 

mac_tlc

• Like 1

We booked a Chill Island cabana for $399 (for 8 people).  The price had been constant at $1199 for several months, so I couldn’t put the sale priced cabana in my cart fast enough.  It was a necessary purchase for my mid-80s parents to have a shaded place to sit and to have a cabana attendant cater to them.  Even if our young adult children never sit with us there, they will know where to find us.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SummerBeee said:

@monorail81it is specifically Evian. I can’t stand Dasani. $19 plus gratuities for a 12 pack. 

Maybe they'll update ours. Was yours described as cans or bottles? (Not that I have ever seen canned Evian)

15 hours ago, texmex.ferr said:

Dasani is not a spring water, so I would say that Royal shouldn't be able to serve Dasani if you've purchased 'spring water.    Dasani is a purified water, and it actually states on its website that it is not spring water, but purified.     

Coming from Scotland, I would not be happy if I had paid for spring water, and I was given Dasani.   We have lots of spring water which is bottled and sold straight from the hills.  

If we get there and it’s not spring, I will have an issue because I hate Dasani. I like spring and drink it daily. Allure is the only ship that I have had a reaction to the ship water and that’s the ship we’re going on. I plan on emailing the concierge before we board to make sure. If not, we’ll cancel it.   

• Like 1

Just a note on the cruise planner sale.  I just got a reduction on the internet package this morning.

The weird thing about the price reduction on the internet package was... when I checked the price on Thursday and then again on Friday it wasn't reduced from what I had paid earlier.  Checked again (don't know why) today it was down by $55 dollars for the week (2 device pkg).  

The moral of the story is double check all your cruise planner purchases over the course of the weekend.  Who knows what they are doing.  

On 11/25/2021 at 3:39 PM, monorail81 said:

On Mariner today.  Bought water package when it said Dasani.  Got 12 bottles of Evian and 4 off brand bottles. 

14 hours ago, sharon&family said:

I tried to add several shore excursions but it wont take my payment.  I even called them and it wont let me reserve them.  They are being held until they figure out what the problem is.

In such cases, I always try to have cash with me. There was never a case when my dollars were not accepted. Moreover, cash gives you additional chances to find a place in the bus even if the guide tells you that its already full =D