Well... I went And Did It!

Fla Mike

Lovey and I had such a good time on our Divina cruise a few weeks ago that I canceled our cruise on the Regal Princess in March and booked a similar cruise on the Meraviglia.

Despite a few hiccups during embarkation, we had an AB FAB time.

The whole experience far exceeded our expectations, even the food was good, but hey, we are not foodies.

Lovey says the Divina was one of the most beautiful ships we have ever sailed in over 40 years. I say close but, it sure was beautiful.

Ocean Cay blows every other private island far, far away.

I started to write a review but it is hard to add to what everyone has said.

Hoping the Meraviglia stacks up.

So far the booking has gone off with out a hook. 🤞

At dinner in the Black Crab 🙂

Capture.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

If Lovey thought Divinia was spectacular, then I think she'll really like Mera.  

TBH, I thought although Divinia was still pretty snazzy, there were several places saying ...time for drydock...

As far as OC, it would be interesting if anyone had any updates to what is going on in the middle.  We heard two very different stories.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

TBH, I thought although Divinia was still pretty snazzy, there were several places saying ...time for drydock...

As far as OC, it would be interesting if anyone had any updates to what is going on in the middle.  We heard two very different stories.

We will be there tomorrow. I will ask around and see if I can get consistent answer to that question.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

Yeah, we saw that big mound of sand and just figured it was still being used for the beaches.

8 minutes ago, phissy said:

We will be there tomorrow. I will ask around and see if I can get consistent answer to that question.

Please report back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

The imminent construction are the facilities for the Marine Reserve.  That ground was broken this week, with the Prime Minister of the Bahamas and MSC. The more interesting plans have not been ‘announced’ yet. ☺️  

Ahhhh I to think Divina is the prettiest ship I’ve ever been on with 27 cruises and 4 different lines! We were on board for our second trip on her last month! And had one of the best cruises ever…….we sail on Sunday onboard the Meraviglia so will see how they compare!!’ Seashore is next year! 

I agree on praying they keep the laid back chill vibe on Ocean Cay and not ruin it like Royal Caribbean ruined theirs by turning it into an extension of Orlando! 

• Like 2

I am also very interested to see how Meraviglia is compared to Divina. All MSC ships are lovely in their own ways, even Armonia. 

Do agree Divina is starting to look ready for a spit and polish, I have never seen so much rust on an MSC ship. Before you had to go hunting to find any AT ALL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, quattrohead said:

I am also very interested to see how Meraviglia is compared to Divina. All MSC ships are lovely in their own ways, even Armonia. 

Do agree Divina is starting to look ready for a spit and polish, I have never seen so much rust on an MSC ship. Before you had to go hunting to find any AT ALL.

Armonia was our first on MSC she was definitely in need of TLC but I loved that little ship.  She had an old world charm to her and the Captain & crew were the best we ever cruised with! Cabins super small though! 

• Like 1