Royal's ships 2023/24

5 minutes ago, Suzcruz75 said:

Could be the reason they are so late in announcing our next season, but I’m doubtful they are confident enough in the Aus/NZ at this stage to bring a brand new ship here. I’d book though 😅

Utopia runs on LNG which could be a problem for Australia. They would have to get a barge and transport it from Port Kembla to Sydney or Gladstone to Brisbane.

It could be done but I don’t think so.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Utopia runs on LNG which could be a problem for Australia. They would have to get a barge and transport it from Port Kembla to Sydney or Gladstone to Brisbane.

It could be done but I don’t think so.

We can wait for the nuclear option.

Source Travel Weekly 13April 2023.

Royal Caribbean International is set to bring its cruise experience to Brisbane via a takeover of the city’s inner oasis, Streets Beach.

On Saturday 15 April, Streets Beach will transform into the Royal Caribbean Beach Club, offering Queenslanders an opportunity to “Holiday in Every Way” and enjoy a taster of the cruise line’s adventures only found on board Quantum of the Seas.

The Royal Caribbean Beach Club will showcase the largest cruise ship sand sculpture to ever be produced in Australia, an interactive photo wall, cruise giveaways, plus a DJ to create the ultimate beach club vibes – there’ll be something for everyone, offering up the perfect combination of adventure and relaxation.

In addition, Flight Centre will be on site offering an exclusive 15 percent off deal for beach goers to book their next holiday on Quantum of the Seas, to visit destinations including the Queensland
Brisbane Welcomes the Royal Caribbean Beach Club to Streets Beach Coast and the South Pacific.

“The Royal Caribbean Beach Club will enable Queenslanders to immerse themselves in the possibilities of what is possible on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Streets Beach will become a place to discover more about the ultimate family holiday and get a taste of why cruising with Royal is like none other,” VP, MD Royal Caribbean International AUNZ, Gavin Smith, said.

Quantum of the Seas is Royal Caribbean’s most innovative ship to come to Australian shores. Over the past six months, she’s welcomed over 100,000 guests onboard, with nearly two-thirds from Queensland. We’re excited to be bringing the Royal experience to Brisbane through this unforgettable event.”

Royal Caribbean kicked off its first season in Brisbane Australia with Quantum of the Seas (Royal Caribbean)

To unveil the Royal Caribbean Beach Club, the cruise line has partnered with radio personality, cruise convert and Queenslander, Emily Jade O’Keeffe, who said she can’t wait to bring her family down to the Royal Caribbean Beach Club.

“Last Christmas, my festive cruise with Royal Caribbean was a family highlight we will never forget. Quantum of the Seas delivered one of the best family holidays ever, with delicious dining options, show-stopping entertainment, unforgettable activities for all ages, and caring and helpful staff,” O’Keeffe said.

“My kids loved spending quality time with just our little family unit, hanging ten on the FlowRider and indoor skydiving with iFLY. Royal Caribbean Beach Club will be an enjoyable day out for the whole family and a memory-making way to experience the excitement of a cruise.”

Queensland locals, and visitors alike, are encouraged to come down to Streets Beach from 9:00am on Saturday 15 April, to experience the Royal Caribbean Beach Club. There’s also the opportunity to win one of four incredible family cruise holidays to the South Pacific worth $3,999.

All visitors have to do is scan the onsite QR code, answer the competition question and submit their contact details.

• Like 3

Brisbane Port Schedule is showing a few more bookings for Quantum from late January 2025 to the end of the season early April 2025.

While most are still the 7 day Friday schedule some weekend cruises appear to be added with a short mid week cruise to get it back on the Friday turnaround. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

Brisbane Port Schedule is showing a few more bookings for Quantum from late January 2025 to the end of the season early April 2025.

While most are still the 7 day Friday schedule some weekend cruises appear to be added with a short mid week cruise to get it back on the Friday turnaround. 

Maybe decided to go like P&O and do loads of booze cruises, easier to fill than South Pacific cruises with people who don’t have passports

• Like 1

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

Why would passengers be making bookings on Quantum for 2025 when bookings are slow for 2023 ?

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Why would passengers be making bookings on Quantum for 2025 when bookings are slow for 2023 ?

The bookings mentioned are port bookings, made by the shipping agent with Brisbane Ports to make sure Quantum of the Seas has a berth to tie-up at.

On 4/18/2023 at 3:40 PM, springaussie said:

There’s your Singapore to Brisbane repo for Quantum . 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I thought there would be a 3rd ship.

I thought any chance of that disappeared a few months back when the Vision bookings disappeared around the country. Till then, it could have been a marker for any ship, but no extra bookings usually means no extra ships.

20 minutes ago, mr walker said:

yes, that's how I read the announcement

Also backed up today via Royal's social media pages. Same ships and same ports - seems like we are going back to basics on most lines for 24/25.

Well 2 ships it is for Oz 24/25.

Although the port schedules were saying only 2 ships after Brilliance got the chop around Christmas I was always prepared for a  third one.
The 2 cruises that interest me the most are Singapore to Brisbane and 14 day NZ both on Quantum.

The 6 nights cruise from Brisbane to Airlie Beach and Willis Island is odd not including Cairns. Just one port.  
Also thanks to the regulars who took part in the guessing the schedule. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Well 2 ships it is for Oz 24/25.

Although the port schedules were saying only 2 ships after Brilliance got the chop around Christmas I was always prepared for a  third one.
The 2 cruises that interest me the most are Singapore to Brisbane and 14 day NZ both on Quantum.

The 6 nights cruise from Brisbane to Airlie Beach and Willis Island is odd not including Cairns. Just one port.  
Also thanks to the regulars who took part in the guessing the schedule. 

Singapore to Brisbane is an interest to me .

A couple of nights in Singapore, what ever ship is doing cruises out of Singapore for a cruise and then the Repo to Brisbane sounds good.

• Like 1