Royal's ships 2023/24

19 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I can live it hope as an overnighter actually at the Port in Cairns was the only reason this cruise appealed to us!

Oh Cheryle, I hope you guys get to see him this time, you have had such bad luck.

6 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

Oh Cheryle, I hope you guys get to see him this time, you have had such bad luck.

Thanks Chez, Sorry we didn’t catch up, but 2024 will be better. If I get to go on Brilliance I hope I don’t have your cabin problem.

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

The Captain Corner on Quantum was told tomorrow’s 6 night North QLD cruise is going to Sydney not Airlie,Willis Is and Yorkeys.

They are waiting final word from Miami. 

Yeah, I’m on Quantum right now.  I’ve been watching the depression brewing into a cyclone.  Given the forecast track I really doubt they will risk going north.  We’re disembarking tomorrow.  

• Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 4:55 PM, Chiliburn said:

Bummer,

Celebrity Edge is in on Saturday and I could have taken you to the Cross on Friday night.

KX is quieter these days, but still some excitement prevails.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, springaussie said:

One of the Next Cruises are saying Ovation will be in China mid 2025.

So , that leaves us with Voyager and Anthem?

Thats a bit of a downsize , there is a fair bit of new competition ,Disney and virgin.
Maybe that’s what will happen ,downsize. They disconnect their land line in Sydney,just a couple of mobiles and the 1800 number.

20 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Thats a bit of a downsize , there is a fair bit of new competition ,Disney and virgin.
Maybe that’s what will happen ,downsize. They disconnect their land line in Sydney,just a couple of mobiles and the 1800 number.

The Brisbane Port bookings for Voyager  are all 8 days and under.

A lot more cruises under 7 days if the Port of Brisbane website is right. Including more 3 and 4 nighters. More like a P&O schedule. 
Looks like Royal are cutting down in the South Pacific like the other cruise lines. 

41 minutes ago, mr walker said:

just of Brilliance this morning (Çruisin' Country charter). Our waiter last night said the ship is going to Eden, Adelaide & Hobart for today's departure.  

How was the ship Neil ?

I believe Adam Harvey was onboard,he is pretty good.

57 minutes ago, springaussie said:

The Brisbane Port bookings for Voyager  are all 8 days and under.

A lot more cruises under 7 days if the Port of Brisbane website is right. Including more 3 and 4 nighters. More like a P&O schedule. 
Looks like Royal are cutting down in the South Pacific like the other cruise lines. 

What I’m thinking about is carbon emissions effecting airlines,that’s going to really effect the price of Americans coming here and tourism in general.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Where does that leave Big Gav?

41 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

How was the ship Neil ?

I believe Adam Harvey was onboard,he is pretty good.

Loved the ship - Radiance class is our favourite! It was good to be back on RC (even without D perks) 🙂 

No, no A. Harvey this time, but a great cross-section of Aus country music incl John Williamson, Beccy Cole, Amber Lawrence, Wolfe Brothers, James Johnson etc etc Great entertainment from 10am to 2 am or so 😮

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Where does that leave Big Gav?

Probably working out of his car boot and the public bar.

A true Aussie Geoff , A schooner in one hand ,Mobile on loud speaker,taking bookings and dealing with the 6:00 o’clock swill .

The romance of the job.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Probably working out of his car boot and the public bar.

A true Aussie Geoff , A schooner in one hand ,Mobile on loud speaker,taking bookings and dealing with the 6:00 o’clock swill .

The romance of the job.

There is always the plum job as concierge of Lelepa. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

Loved the ship - Radiance class is our favourite! It was good to be back on RC (even without D perks) 🙂 

No, no A. Harvey this time, but a great cross-section of Aus country music incl John Williamson, Beccy Cole, Amber Lawrence, Wolfe Brothers, James Johnson etc etc Great entertainment from 10am to 2 am or so 😮

Ok , thought it was that cruise Adam Hervey was on.

Was the coffee machine in diamond lounge working?

Friends are currently complaining it’s kaput . It was touch and go 3 weeks ago ,along with the toaster.

It’s getting a old ship

Edited by Chiliburn

It is the one I wish we hadn't cancelled, but we have to get some medical stuff out of the way. Had they started their season at the normal November time, we would have already cruised on Edge. Timing just didn't suit.

One day. There has been a bit of hype over the past week, but there is more innovation about this ship than the other new arrivals for the season.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

It is the one I wish we hadn't cancelled, but we have to get some medical stuff out of the way. Had they started their season at the normal November time, we would have already cruised on Edge. Timing just didn't suit.

One day. There has been a bit of hype over the past week, but there is more innovation about this ship than the other new arrivals for the season.

Something to look forward to Geoff ,the secret of life.

• Like 1