Final Payment Changed to 30 Days Before Sail Date

PashaPoo

We are on Adventure of the Seas, sailing from Galveston, on March 18, 2022.  Our final payment is due mid Dec 2021.  However, we just got a notice from RCL that our final payment date has been changed to 30 days before sailing.

What does this mean?  Has anyone else seen this kind of change?  I hope it does not means sales are lagging and this may be yet one more cruise to be cancelled.

17 minutes ago, PashaPoo said:

We are on Adventure of the Seas, sailing from Galveston, on March 18, 2022.  Our final payment is due mid Dec 2021.  However, we just got a notice from RCL that our final payment date has been changed to 30 days before sailing.

What does this mean?  Has anyone else seen this kind of change?  I hope it does not means sales are lagging and this may be yet one more cruise to be cancelled.

I got that email for my Jan & March 2022 cruises a couple of months ago.

Oct 29, 2021 to be exact.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I got that email for my Jan & March 2022 cruises some time ago.

After reading about this last week on CC I called my clueless/useless TA's (actually her boss as I refuse to deal directly with the original agent) boss this AM to verify the change as the TA didn't pass it along to me as she should have according to her boss. Our payment was due on 4 Dec. 

Edited by davekathy

38 minutes ago, davekathy said:

After reading about this last week on CC I called my clueless/useless TA's (actually her boss as I refuse to deal directly with the original agent) boss this AM to verify the change as the TA didn't pass it along to me as she should have according to her boss. Our payment was due on 4 Dec. 

Maybe some TA's aren't passing it along and just want the payment early ??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashland said:

Maybe some TA's aren't passing it along and just want the payment early ??

Crossed my mind. At least her boss verified the TA should have sent me the Email. Her boss sent me the Email and also the new invoices showing the new due dates for each leg.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PashaPoo said:

It means your payment is due 30 days prior now.  You can pay it at 90 days if you want, or at 60, but it must be paid by 30 days.  That's all it means.  It is a due date.  

Plus, cruises are not being canceled except possible some in other countries that just random, closed there doors to all travel and your cruise was leaving from that country.  

there is no need to read between the lines, and make up fears that are unfounded.

A little while back Royal introduced this to give more flexibility to guests with close-in departure dates to help curb cancellations, I wanna say they initially launched it around the time that the delta surge happened. They did it fairly quietly, but it was something that was rolled out and extended a few times. I’d love it if they would push it back one more month so I can pay off Wonder a little later!

20 hours ago, Cruiser1862 said:

All cruises sailing before March 31st are due 30 days prior. 

im having opposite issue. My April 2nd cruise is due this month. 

Strange, isn’t it that final payment for April and May cruises is currently due before March cruises.  I won’t be surprised if they change the window for those cruises, too.

37 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Strange, isn’t it that final payment for April and May cruises is currently due before March cruises.  I won’t be surprised if they change the window for those cruises, too.

Hoping they make that decision soon.