Turned away

45 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks but we arrive at about 4:00pm on Friday..picking up our rental car and then have to drive to Port Canaveral hotel...so much going on that day. We would prefer to get the test done in Port Canaveral Saturday morning. So we need to find a place there.

MCO has a covid testing center on site.  Not sure what time they do their last test.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

MCO has a covid testing center on site.  Not sure what time they do their last test.

Apparently it's 5:00pm....not sure if we have enough time as we're due to land at 4:06pm. Would we pick up our luggage first if we can even make the timing work and we also have to pick up our car rental. Traveling with 4 adults and 2 young kids...Oh My !!!

1 hour ago, natefish95 said:

I'm legally blind and I was able to read the print to know to get a COVID test so...

Also, why is the so much confusion about what two days before your sail date is? I'm so confused by the confusion. 

Same thing I am scratching my head thinking. 

8 hours ago, Ashland said:

Apparently it's 5:00pm....not sure if we have enough time as we're due to land at 4:06pm. Would we pick up our luggage first if we can even make the timing work and we also have to pick up our car rental. Traveling with 4 adults and 2 young kids...Oh My !!!

You would get your luggage first as the testing site is pre-security check.  Check the airport you are leaving from.  If they have one, get there earlier than you normally would and get tested.  Other than that, your only hope would be to find a cvs or Walgreens between MCO and Canaveral that does rapid testing.  If one of your kids is under a certain age, they will need a PCR test, and those results may not be available in time to sail.

12 hours ago, Ashland said:

Thanks but we arrive at about 4:00pm on Friday..picking up our rental car and then have to drive to Port Canaveral hotel...so much going on that day. We would prefer to get the test done in Port Canaveral Saturday morning. So we need to find a place there.

Why would you not test on Thursday at your home city?  That's assuming your cruise leaves Saturday.  If it leaves Sunday, then you have all day Saturday, and yes, while it would suck to have to drive back to Orlando, it's at least an option. 

1 hour ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

If one of your kids is under a certain age, they will need a PCR test, and those results may not be available in time to sail.

no, kids can get either an antigen or a PCR test. It is no longer mandatory to get a PCR test for kids. Even if they are not vaxxed.

12 hours ago, natefish95 said:

Also, why is the so much confusion about what two days before your sail date is? I'm so confused by the confusion. 

The modern education system.

Day of boarding is Day Zero.

Day before the day of boarding is Day One.

Day before that is Day Two.  You can be tested ANY TIME on Day 2.  

18 hours ago, Ashland said:

Is this just through March?

We have a cruise with extended family in April so I assume new info will come out for those. Will have an age under 5 with us and coming into Port Canaveral on a Friday for a sail on Sunday. Hoping this won't be too tricky.

I would prepare for April cruise as though testing will be required into the future.  I don't see an end in sight to this mess.

3 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

no, kids can get either an antigen or a PCR test. It is no longer mandatory to get a PCR test for kids. Even if they are not vaxxed.

RCG just changed this, unvaxx children need PCR test before boarding and will get antigen at the port.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ampurp85 said:

RCG just changed this, unvaxx children need PCR test before boarding and will get antigen at the port.

I don't know who RCG is, but this is what is posted right now on RCI's site:

• Unvaccinated kids must show a negative test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 3 days before boarding day. Kids’ pre-cruise test cannot be taken on boarding day, because that may affect the sample taken during the kids’ test at the terminal.

I don't know when "just changed" is since we sailed a week ago with an antigen test for my unvaxxed 10 yo.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

1 minute ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I don't know who RCG is, but this is what is posted right now on RCI's site:

• Unvaccinated kids must show a negative test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 3 days before boarding day. Kids’ pre-cruise test cannot be taken on boarding day, because that may affect the sample taken during the kids’ test at the terminal.

I don't know when "just changed" is since we sailed a week ago with an antigen test for my unvaxxed 10 yo.

RCG is Royal Caribbean group.  Just changed is effective December 17th.   Emails went out to those of us sailing after then with new protocols listed. Website still not updated. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

Kids’ pre-cruise test cannot be taken on boarding day, because that may affect the sample taken during the kids’ test at the terminal.

Can someone please explain the "science" behind this statement?  RCI will test kids at the pier?  If the kids get a test before showing up at the pier, that may affect the sample taken at the pier?  How?