Crazy drink

sailnsee

8 minutes ago, sailnsee said:

Could it be a bushwacker😎

Yes it is...Tastes kinda like a chocolate Pina Colada. However the best ones we've found are in St Maarten. :classic_tongue:

The original home of the Bushwacker (can't remember the name) but it was down an ally in town and had dollar bills taped all over the walls with names of happy customers. We had several of ours taped up. Sorry to say they closed a few years ago due to a hurricane.

We now go to a small (again another ally location) that has outside tables...easy to find.

22 hours ago, sailnsee said:

On the ship- what is the crazy drink everyone mentions - it has several different liquors in it - kinda like Long Island iced tea

My DH loves a long Island Iced Tea.  But have heard it referred to as a LA iced tea-  same drink.  Many different names for the same drink.  

Edited by Cruise a holic

On 12/13/2021 at 6:18 PM, sailnsee said:

On the ship- what is the crazy drink everyone mentions - it has several different liquors in it - kinda like Long Island iced tea

I believe you may be referring to the Weng-Weng.  I had it once on Anthem.  The bartender in Two70 that made it for me said that if I drank it all, I would find the ship walls to be very Aggressive.

30 ml Scotch
30 ml Brandy
30 ml Rum
30 ml Bourbon
30 ml Vodka
30 ml Tequila
30 ml Orange Juice
30 ml Pineapple Juice
1 dash Grenadine

https://drinkmanila.com/2016/11/15/weng-weng/

dp

Haven't sailed yet, but in looking over menus I found the Dublin Iced Tea at Copper and Kettle on Symphony:

Dublin Ice Tea

Barcardi Superior Rum,

Jameson Irish Whiskey,

Hennessy Cognac

and Port

topped with Guiness

It's on my list of drinks to try 😄

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tbo said:

Haven't sailed yet, but in looking over menus I found the Dublin Iced Tea at Copper and Kettle on Symphony:

Dublin Iced Tea - Barcardi Superior Rum, Jameson Irish Whiskey, Hennessy Cognac, and Port are topped with Guinness Irish Stout

It's on my list of drinks to try 😄

Had one on Oasis (at Playmakers) in October.

Had one on Anthem (at Brass & Bock Pub) last week.

I preferred the Boston Iced Tea Party over the Dublin Iced Tea.

Boston Iced Tea Party - Tanqueray Gin, Bacardi Superior Rum, Absolut Vodka, triple sec and sweet & sour, topped with Coca-Cola

Reminded me of my military days...

On Fridays, when still living in the barracks, we'd knock on everyone's door and ask "Got any leftover liquor?"

We poured all the liquor we collected in a large bucket (ok, more like half an oil drum) mix it with all kinds of other stuff...even moonshine...and...and...I don't remember much after that.

• Haha 1