Vaccination cards at check in

pooh/tigger

Good morning,

We both have 2 vaccination cards each. One done earlier this year that shows both shots. Then we have another that shows our booster done in October. 

When we check in, do we have to download our vaccination cards and if so, should we download all 4 or just the ones with 2 shots and then show them the booster card at embarkation 

Hope I'm making sense here. 

Thank you all for your help

I would download the cards that show your 2 shots.
And I would take all the cards to show at check-in.
You will need to show your vaccine cards at most ports if you disembark.
Since the booster shots are not required, you can take those or not.
Make copies of everything and use the copies when you disembark at a port stop.

• Thanks 2

We were on Apex a few weeks ago and showed our vaccination card(showing both shots and booster) only once at boarding.  We got off in St. Kitts and I believe St. Thomas.  I always brought when on shore a copy of the vaccination card.  It seems each ship and port is handling it differently.

3 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

I concur.  Since boosters are not currently required all you need is the card that shows two shots.  

If I had a cruise planned in the next couple of months, I would run, not walk, to get my booster.  I think it is just a matter of time before they begin to implement them being required.  If/when that happens, I can see all the non-boosted here already lining up to slam the industry, just don't chances right now folks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

If I had a cruise planned in the next couple of months, I would run, not walk, to get my booster.  I think it is just a matter of time before they begin to implement them being required.  If/when that happens, I can see all the non-boosted here already lining up to slam the industry, just don't chances right now folks!

I would agree with this.  For those who have chosen to get the vax, IMHO there's no reason not to continue on that path for your own safety.  Happily, on board positives are not causing panic or derailing itineraries as of now.  We had a positive test on Reflection two weeks ago and there was barely a ripple of discussion among the folks we met.  Hope that passenger is doing well.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, marieps said:

I would agree with this.  For those who have chosen to get the vax, IMHO there's no reason not to continue on that path for your own safety.  Happily, on board positives are not causing panic or derailing itineraries as of now.  We had a positive test on Reflection two weeks ago and there was barely a ripple of discussion among the folks we met.  Hope that passenger is doing well.

Agree, it seems to be very safe from all of you sharing your experience.  We had 2, 12 day cruises booked for 2022 (April & Oct).  We cancelled both but NOT because of COVID, because we found a great itinerary on EDGE for Oct 2023, much longer cruise and much more $$.  So instead of a cruise in 2022 we will spend the month of June in Italy, we hope!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LGW59 said:

I agree !

hi, the vaccine cards you were given for your jabs (little blue things) are not proof of anything. They are easy to write on, showing a second jab if you've only had 1, or borrowed from a friend etc, I worked at a vaccine clinic and folks often ended up with 2 cards as they forgot to bring their original one along, so they could easily pass them on! you need the official covid pass from the NHS app, or a paper version of your record from 119. Cards seem easy to flash as you arrive in a port but eventually they will cotton on to the easy fraud of them and start to be more strict

10 minutes ago, sewingbee said:

hi, the vaccine cards you were given for your jabs (little blue things) are not proof of anything. They are easy to write on, showing a second jab if you've only had 1, or borrowed from a friend etc, I worked at a vaccine clinic and folks often ended up with 2 cards as they forgot to bring their original one along, so they could easily pass them on! you need the official covid pass from the NHS app, or a paper version of your record from 119. Cards seem easy to flash as you arrive in a port but eventually they will cotton on to the easy fraud of them and start to be more strict

When you start your check in you scan the card so Celebrity can verify.  It took several days for them to "clear" ours.  So I assume they verify them with the CDC.  Ours are register through the v-safe with the CDC. I can go online and find the information as to when we took each shot and the particular vaccine.   It's a felony to forge a vaccine card and punishable with up to 5 years in prison.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sewingbee said:

Please... here in the colonies the white vaccination cards are proof of vaccination. So if you are from the states, don't spend a lot of time looking for "little blue things". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bookitdanno said:

Please... here in the colonies the white vaccination cards are proof of vaccination. So if you are from the states, don't spend a lot of time looking for "little blue things". 

different in the UK don't think it will ever be standardised!😅

24 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

Indeed.  Around here, "NHS" means "National Honor Society," and no one cares about that after graduating high school. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, sewingbee said:

We laminated ours after the second shot. Or should say the pharmacist did

• 1 month later...

Have folks been bringing their actual paper vaccine cards on their cruises to show at embarkation and at ports, or have photos of the cards and/or State-issued website/apps been sufficient? I have been treating my paper vaccine card like it's worth $1M so I am hesitant to bring it if not needed. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Fijalclarkski said:

Have folks been bringing their actual paper vaccine cards on their cruises to show at embarkation and at ports, or have photos of the cards and/or State-issued website/apps been sufficient? I have been treating my paper vaccine card like it's worth $1M so I am hesitant to bring it if not needed. Thanks!

bring it

Not only ‘bring it’ and ‘you need to bring the actual CDC card’, it is Required. Good to have photos of it,  but that doesn’t suffice…..unless things have changed very very recently. 

Den

Edited by Denny01

1 hour ago, Fijalclarkski said:

You might find the Health At Sea FAQ helpful to answer your questions.   This has been in effect since at least September.

I would recommend bringing your Vac card but they do accept Government verification via government and state Apps, if  original is lost on unavailable.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

image.png.f97759832472be1cd8cca1709b8e8945.png

image.png.d1e93428b5382c134b48fbca0e6e59af.png

Edited by Jim_Iain