Ships Sailing Full?

Airbear232

Yes. 

Anthem cruise for XMAS and NYE is sailing at 3900, this is per captain of ship , as he mentioned it at one of the tiered events. (93% if using double capacity number's, 79% is using MAX capacity)

But one will not really know until date of sail.  Seems a lot of people are canceling due to new variant and masking policy

On a side not: today I received a ROYAL UP offer for my NYE cruise on Anthem. This is the 2nd time they send this.  Sailing is 9 days out, so hoping ppl are canceling in drove's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

Does anyone know whether ships are sailing at full capacity now?  I just saw a story about Symphony coming back into port and being at full capacity.  A little worried if so to go on our cruise later this week.

Bon Voyage. 🍻😷

51 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

Does anyone know whether ships are sailing at full capacity now?  I just saw a story about Symphony coming back into port and being at full capacity.  A little worried if so to go on our cruise later this week.

an article from yesterday said said 6,074 passengers and crew members returned to port on the Symphony of the seas.  The Symphony holds just under 9,000 passengers and crew.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

There are reports of people canceling because of the new masking requirements, but prior to those, it has been widely reported that the holiday sailings were packed.

Make of it what you will, but even with cancellations, I would expect a holiday cruise to be much more crowded that non-holiday sailings.

The Symphony that just came back had per the press had over 5000 people on it .

im on the 1/29/22 cruise and the park view balcony for the front and back have been sold out.

Based on the reports of the non compliance of mask wearers im nervous about this trip.

I wish I booked a smaller ship but I listened to my DD who is now not going. 

I read the new sailing info that RCL put out and if I cancel I only get a cc.

I really wanted to sail on NCL Encore 2600 people less but I listened to DD instead.

I know I’m safer on the ship in comparison to where I live but even I am not happy with the new protocols

8 minutes ago, Traveling Mike said:

an article from yesterday said said 6,074 passengers and crew members returned to port on the Symphony of the seas.  The Symphony holds just under 9,000 passengers and crew.

I thought passenger capacity was 6000?

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/fact-sheet/31/symphony-of-the-seas/

1 minute ago, Maitaivegas said:

The Symphony that just came back had per the press had over 5000 people on it .

im on the 1/29/22 cruise and the park view balcony for the front and back have been sold out.

It was 6,000, including the crew, from reliable news sources.  That was nowhere near capacity.  

And others have reported here that they were able to get refunds, after pressing for them due to the new protocols.  Of course, your sailing is weeks after the current protocols expire, so you have choices.  You can wait for the protocols to include your sailing and request a refund, request a FCC now, or wait to see what happens.

• Thanks 1

Another post had Allure Dec. 30th sailing at 4558 as of last week (someone on the ship asked and reported that number back) ... even though there are stricter protocols in place they are still trying to sell rooms on that sailing. You'd think they would start capping capacity now with Omicron.

2 hours ago, seaver said:

Anyone know of a website where you can see how many cabins available ?

In a word, no. They will only show what cabins have been made available by the cruise lines and they don't necessarily reflect the actual cabin inventory.

2 hours ago, flyerbrp said:

Just retuned on Saturday on Odyssey, December 12 sailing, 90% full. Very crowded.

Agree felt very crowded, was surprised how full the ship was (was expecting it to still be at a reduced capacity), someone on facebook group said we were at 85%.  Early dining was very crowded, same with theater.  Sea days in Solarium very hard to find an empty seat.  

4 hours ago, flyerbrp said:

Just retuned on Saturday on Odyssey, December 12 sailing, 90% full. Very crowded.

So infection rates are up, RCI is tightening restriction, and at the same time increasing the density of people on the ships. What am I missing? Is RCI's major concern saftey as they proclaim or is really increased income from selling more of the ship?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So infection rates are up, RCI is tightening restriction, and at the same time increasing the density of people on the ships. What am I missing? Is RCI's major concern saftey as they proclaim or is really increased income from selling more of the ship?

With 14 of 16 Royal ships currently sailing with passengers in the CDC "yellow" zone you would think they'd figured it out. Looks like they are going to push the limits and bring in as much money as they can until the CDC puts them on pause again. 

• Like 2