Cafe Al Bacio

JennyD1

4 minutes ago, Gimpy McFarlan said:

This look absolutely delicious! How was this ordered? Does it have a name? Or did you just ask for a scoop of vanilla gelato with espresso? 🤔

It is on the menu and is called Affogatto -   The price listed on the menu I have is $6 so should be available under the classic package.    The get the gelato from the place across the room on on M-Class ship.    They made me  with Vanilla and asked if I wanted Coffee Gelato on a second visit.   I believe I read that since the Gelato is not close to al Bacio on E class they can't make it unless you bring your own Gelato (ugh).    They then put chocolate syrup on top.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2021 at 1:33 AM, helen haywood said:

Not just skipping dessert…if I don’t eat all my entree (which is every night) they are concerned I didn’t like it and want to get me something else.  I just don’t eat three meals a day at home…and our dinners aren’t three course meals…if on land at a restaurant I take home a doggy bag.  I’m not sure they believe me when I say it was delicious…I’m just full.

You can also do that on the ship - that is to ask for a doggy bag 

On 12/23/2021 at 3:41 PM, JennyD1 said:

Is there a charge for the pastries and deserts at Cafe Al Bacio?  I have cruised on Celebrity many times and have never been there.  

How is that possible? We board and head straight to the Al Bacio - OK now we make the detour to the cabin to collect our keys but that's it.

• Like 1

Everything is behind glass and they serve you quickly.    You can also sit down and order the pastries along with your coffee or tea.

I forgot to mention that they have a morning selection that include muffins, sticky buns and pastries and an afternoon selection with the cakes, tarts etc.  They also have a selection of Cookies some of them are gluten free.  They are kept in jars on top of the display cabinet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bookitdanno said:

After seeing these pictures, I am willing to partake of an in depth study of the Affogatto on our January 19 Reflection cruise.

Of course I will report back to this group so that my research can be peer reviewed. 😉

I've read about them here on CC and broke down and had my first in October.   I was instantly addicted. It is a funny quirk.   If you get a scoop of Gelato you have to pay for it but if you get the Affogatto the go over and get it and it is covered by your drink package.

57 minutes ago, toohoos said:

Has anyone taken their own travel mug to Cafe al Bacio and had them put a take out coffee order in it?  I thought I might save the paper cup from a land fill and my travel mug is easier to handle (not as hot).  

I know they use to do it in the past but I heard a server tell a passenger they couldn't do it because of Covid protocols.   Also on the Soda and water Machines they have a sign saying no refills or filling personal containers.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 6:11 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I believe I read that since the Gelato is not close to al Bacio on E class they can't make it unless you bring your own Gelato (ugh).    They then put chocolate syrup on top.

If the gelato on the E Class is located at Scoops, then you could get the Affagato at Secondary Al Bacio just inside the entrance to the Oceanview Cafe on the left.  Scoops is located right across the hall just before you enter the Cafe on the right.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, toohoos said:

Has anyone taken their own travel mug to Cafe al Bacio and had them put a take out coffee order in it?  I thought I might save the paper cup from a land fill and my travel mug is easier to handle (not as hot).  

Yes they did it for me. The coffee and tea is extremely hot even with the sleeve on the cup.

On 12/23/2021 at 4:44 PM, dateacher said:

I love the brand of tea they carry.  I've started ordering it for home and for gifts.

Our youngest granddaughter has always asked us to bring her Tea Forte from our cruises I was so excited to find it on line, she got a monthly gift box from Tea Forte for Christmas (we were both happy!

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 6:00 PM, Gimpy McFarlan said:

This look absolutely delicious! How was this ordered? Does it have a name? Or did you just ask for a scoop of vanilla gelato with espresso? 🤔

I believe I mentioned it in another thread but I have them add a shot of Bailey's to mine 🙂 

• Like 1