21 day Check In Questions...

kayjay76

Hi all! We've cruised NCL 5 times before and this 21 day b4 check in is new to us. We are sailing Jan 19th and can check in in 5 days. For anyone who has checked in recently, are the times around the same as the past? Ex: wed usually get a 10am, 1030 etc time to arrive at port.

My main reason for asking is we are sailing with a much smaller group (12) then our normal 40+ and want to make sure we can all get around the same check in time as we'll be arriving together from the same hotel. Is the online pre-check in process the same pre covid?

Thanks all and Merry Christmas!

Not sure if it differs from port to port.  I sailed out of LA about 2 weeks ago.  Before you can check in, you get COVID tested.  The first window was at 9:00 AM.  Once you clear that, you're shuttled to the ship and wait in line under a tent until they allowed you into the building to check in.  I didn't look at the time but that might have been 10:00 or so.  Then you sit in a waiting area until they allow boarding, around 11:00.  

3 hours ago, kayjay76 said:

Hi all! We've cruised NCL 5 times before and this 21 day b4 check in is new to us. We are sailing Jan 19th and can check in in 5 days. For anyone who has checked in recently, are the times around the same as the past? Ex: wed usually get a 10am, 1030 etc time to arrive at port.

My main reason for asking is we are sailing with a much smaller group (12) then our normal 40+ and want to make sure we can all get around the same check in time as we'll be arriving together from the same hotel. Is the online pre-check in process the same pre covid?

Thanks all and Merry Christmas!

The entire check-in process is NOT the same as Pre-Covid19.

NCL has added some additional steps, including loading a photo of each individual, watching the Safety video (drill), and selecting arrival time. Otherwise, it is similar.

To further answer your question, it would seem that everybody in your group would need to complete their Check-In at approximately the same time to select arrival times together, and needs to be completed no later than three days prior to cruise.

On 12/24/2021 at 6:25 AM, ggTexasGal said:

NCL has added some additional steps, including loading a photo of each individual, watching the Safety video (drill), and selecting arrival time. Otherwise, it is similar.

To further answer your question, it would seem that everybody in your group would need to complete their Check-In at approximately the same time to select arrival times together, and needs to be completed no later than three days prior to cruise.

Our check-in starts at mignogjt tonight. Thanks for the tip about needing a photo. Other than a photo and passports, is there other info we need to have handy? Photos of Covid vaccination cards? I just want to be prepared so we can snag an early testing time. 

28 minutes ago, CarolinaMamma said:

Our check-in starts at mignogjt tonight. Thanks for the tip about needing a photo. Other than a photo and passports, is there other info we need to have handy? Photos of Covid vaccination cards? I just want to be prepared so we can snag an early testing time. 

I believe you can bypass the photo and just concentrate on the testing time if it's that important to you (they've not checked on the 2 cruises I've taken). If you select your time and close, it should save your time selection.  You don't need your vaccination card to check in, just passport #.  They want emergency contact info and I think you can enter your cc info if you wish.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CarolinaMamma said:

As Julig22 stated above, you don't absolutely need the photos, and, they might retake at the pier anyway.  Go for that early time slot ASAP -- good luck!

You can add your photos and get your cell number and email verified before the 21 day mark. So when you hit 21 days, all you need to do is pick your testing time, register for your test and watch the muster drill video.  That step will then be completed and you could have your edocs as soon as the next morning.  I uploaded my photo for my first Alaska cruise in September and it transferred over to my Jade and Bliss cruises.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

As Julig22 stated above, you don't absolutely need the photos, and, they might retake at the pier anyway.  Go for that early time slot ASAP -- good luck!

I uploaded a photo for a cruise in October - got to the port and they just took a new one.  Uploaded the same pic for cruise #2 and that's what they used - go figure!

On my current cruise, they are using facial rec instead of key cards when getting off/on the ship, so the picture does need to be good.

22 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

You can add your photos and get your cell number and email verified before the 21 day mark. So when you hit 21 days, all you need to do is pick your testing time, register for your test and watch the muster drill video.  That step will then be completed and you could have your edocs as soon as the next morning.  I uploaded my photo for my first Alaska cruise in September and it transferred over to my Jade and Bliss cruises.

New policy doesn't allow for any check-in before 21 days.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 5:25 AM, ggTexasGal said:

ALSO, during online check-in they make you register each traveler to a Eurofins account.  I found this to be very confusing.  The check-in process will give you instructions, but it still didn't make sense whether or not to group people by party, by cabin, or all individually.  My check-in is completed now, but I guess I won't know until embarkation day whether or not i did it correctly.

All in all, it took me 3 days to complete the check-ins for all our cabins, and didn't have any problem choosing our 11am check-in time.

Edited by styxfire

18 minutes ago, styxfire said:

ALSO, during online check-in they make you register each traveler to a Eurofins account.  I found this to be very confusing.  The check-in process will give you instructions, but it still didn't make sense whether or not to group people by party, by cabin, or all individually.  My check-in is completed now, but I guess I won't know until embarkation day whether or not i did it correctly.

All in all, it took me 3 days to complete the check-ins for all our cabins, and didn't have any problem choosing our 11am check-in time.

What is a Eurofins account?

• Like 1

Check in process and to gets edocs ready to print is a complete differnt process now.  Beleive me I am the most incompent uploding, downloading person ever.  But, was able to gets photos taken before they changed to the 21 day policy to do anything online registration, thankful at 21 days they were saved along with the oher info I had entered, passport numbers, address, phone,.  At 21 days, viewed the health and safety video,   signed up for Covid testing through Eurofins, it was easy, first you sign yourself up, get a text code, re enter that and then able to enter another person to your account,  Bar codes were easy to print out. For some reason I could not get my husband online check in to 100%, called NCL support 866-625-1160, they did their thing, got edocs 2 days later with more bar codes on edocs.  Not sure if you dont add photos if edocs will come through,  have over last 5 months been told from NCL vairious answers.

6 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Yes, this is exactly what I did. I completed everything I could ahead of time, including uploading a photo. Last night I logged in at midnight eastern time and went to the health assessment portion, which was my only incomplete portion.  I chose an arrival time (9:00 am to 9:30), registered for my covid test, and watched the video.  Then my husband did the same. My edocs were available this morning.

5 hours ago, julig22 said:

New policy doesn't allow for any check-in before 21 days.

I did notice that about a week after I was able to upload my photo and complete all of the information except for the health assessment, it changed so that I could not access or edit anything until 21 days.

So is picking testing time and boarding time 2 different times? Or you just pick testing time and that's when you arrive, test and wait.

Also.... what time do they start allowing passengers on the boat? Is it different then before covid?

Anddddd lol I'll be checking in my husband and myself, do we each watch the video separately or can it be watched once?

Thanks everyone for the great info so far! I hate change and had this downpat from previous sailings lol 

Thanks for the great info! We had all our information ready, checked in at midnight, and were able to snag 9-9:30 testing slots!  Looking forward to having our vacation begin as soon as possible. 

For those reading this in the future, here’s what you will need to complete check in, though I think you can skip straight to the health and safety section and get your test time, then go back and fill in the other stuff later:

- Passport number and expiration date

- Flight numbers,  arrival and departure times 

- Photo 

- Primary and secondary phone numbers. (They verify the primary one with a text) 

- Email (they will send a verification link). 
- Emergency contact (not traveling with you) name and phone number.

- Credit card number for onboard expenses.

Remember to screen shot or download the barcode you get from CVS for Covid testing, as this will expedite the process at the pier.

• Thanks 4

10 hours ago, kayjay76 said:

So is picking testing time and boarding time 2 different times? Or you just pick testing time and that's when you arrive, test and wait.

Also.... what time do they start allowing passengers on the boat? Is it different then before covid?

Anddddd lol I'll be checking in my husband and myself, do we each watch the video separately or can it be watched once?

Thanks everyone for the great info so far! I hate change and had this downpat from previous sailings lol 

All you really need to be concerned about now is your testing time...everything flows from one step to the other after you get tested.  As far as boarding, it is still basically the same...in my experience it has been sometime between 11:15 (if in the Haven) to 11:45 to noon if you are not. The ship still has to be cleared and cleaned from the prior sailing.  I had a 9:30 testing time for my Alaska cruise so ended up sitting in the boarding area for 90 minutes before getting on the ship. My other 2 cruises I booked an 11am testing time so basically walked onto the ship once I was finished with the whole process.

• Like 1

Got my testing numbers, set up my Eurofins accounts, but now the new passwords for Eurofins won't work.  Since I already have my barcodes is there really any reason I should pursue getting my password issues fixed?  Will I ever actually need to log in to Eurofins again?

I have a question for anyone who has recently done a B2B cruise. I did the initial online check in after booking our cruise on the Breakaway, and was at 84% complete.(could not go any further at that time) Then they changed the process to the 21 day mark to complete and couldn’t be accessed. I am coming up on 21 day mark this weekend, does anyone know if I have to complete the check in for both legs of the cruise (1 week apart) or will all the info transfer to the second leg automatically. They are two separate reservations but have been linked in NCL system , but I think I will have to do it twice. Thanks in advance for any info. I would call and ask NCL, but confidence is low on their customer service rep being accurate lol