Does Celebrity do the cruise duck's too?

Harrylinden

52 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I will say I have seen more of them on Royal or NCL than Celebrity. 

Not surprised at all.  Now just for quacks and waddles, I may need to start a thread over there about ducks, I’ll wade gently 

Edited by LGW59

2 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

I think cruise ducks are a spin off of geocaching which did spread world-wide.

Hadn't heard that one was a spin from the other.  I do know that an at-sea day is a quick way to end a caching day streak, however.  Ended my best at 146 days!  I suppose the ducks could serve as methadone for a caching addict, but even with my find count (14,359), I've never had the urge to find a duck on a ship!

6 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Honestly, they don’t hurt a thing…different strokes, different folks..

The live duck comment earlier made me laugh..

Reminds me of back in high school when a friend tossed a live chicken in the back door of the local KFC. Still makes me chuckle. 

• Haha 3

So how exactly does this duck thing work? Someone finds a hidden (but presumably fake) duck and then....? 

I just learned that there's a duck thing with Jeep people too.  Parked next to a jeep at lunch over the weekend and there was a stuffed duck stuffed behind the door handle.  DD said 'they've been ducked!' and I had no clue what the duck she was talking about.  I knew jeep people waved but didn't realise it went so far as ducking each other regularly. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, miched said:

I do rubber rats 🐀.   It is more fun.  Am thinking of fake cockroaches and rubber snakes.  🤗🙀

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

If you like those things, maybe you should consider some fake puke, covered with a little water, to save your chair by the pool.

Edited by Ipeeinthepools
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

You all need to understand quackery…we are always onboard, but many of you are too busy to pay attention!  We were found in the best suite on Reflection!  Maybe you did not see us in the beautiful shower area because you were not invited.

Do you hide fowl weather. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, D C said:

So how exactly does this duck thing work? Someone finds a hidden (but presumably fake) duck and then....? 

I just learned that there's a duck thing with Jeep people too.  Parked next to a jeep at lunch over the weekend and there was a stuffed duck stuffed behind the door handle.  DD said 'they've been ducked!' and I had no clue what the duck she was talking about.  I knew jeep people waved but didn't realise it went so far as ducking each other regularly. 

Here's an explanation.
https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/the-latest-cruise-trend-is-an-invasion-of-rubber-duckies.html

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, zitsky said:

So how big are these things, and what are they made from?  I'm trying to picture stuffing them behind a seat cushion or between library books.  Are they flat, round, etc?

Rubber ducks.  You can get them from Amazon.  Most people hide the 2 inch size ones because they are easy to tag.  

52 minutes ago, zitsky said:

So how big are these things, and what are they made from?  I'm trying to picture stuffing them behind a seat cushion or between library books.  Are they flat, round, etc?

I plan to bring a whoopee cushion on and hide one under it at a stool in the martini bar