NCL Reinstates Peace of Mind

ohmark

Peace of Mind:

Simply put, for new and existing bookings made by January 31, 2022, for any voyage with an embarkation date through and including May 31, 2022, guests are free to cancel up to and including January 31, 2022. Anyone choosing to cancel will receive a full refund in the form of a future cruise credit to be used for sailings that embark through December 31, 2022. Reservations cancelled outside of final payment will receive a full refund back to the method of payment used to book. If outside final payment and an FCC was used as payment, the original FCC will be added back to the guest’s profile. 

Our Peace of Mind policy applies to all sailings through and including May 31, 2022, guests are free to cancel up to and including January 31, 2022. To cancel under our Peace of Mind policy, the following terms and conditions must be met:

• Reservation must be within the final payment period AND must be paid in full. 
  • Bookings cancelled inside final payment that are not paid in full will default to the standard refund process with penalties applied. 
  • If the booking is outside final payment, regardless of cancellation method, refunds will work as usual. If a guest paid using an FCC, it will be credited back to the guest profile.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence

No mention that I noticed of Oceania, and I have no inside knowledge but, as I recall, Oceania's former "Travelers Assurance", which used the term "Total Peace of Mind," followed after NCL's original "Peace of MInd."

Just makes no sense whatsoever that Oceania is not following the cancellation policy of the parent company. 
Covid is now breaking out on O ships and all they are doing is keeping ships at sea when they are turned away from ports and opening the bars.
CDC advises no cruising due to worsening of cases and O is forcing paid in full passengers to go or forfeit their cost.  What are they waiting for?

• Like 2

I also scoured Oceania's website and found no mention of this. 

Seems like the only way to cancel at this late date is to unfortunately test positive on your COVID test. 

Not a great alternative. 

1 hour ago, Jayne E said:

Just makes no sense whatsoever that Oceania is not following the cancellation policy of the parent company. 
Covid is now breaking out on O ships and all they are doing is keeping ships at sea when they are turned away from ports and opening the bars.
CDC advises no cruising due to worsening of cases and O is forcing paid in full passengers to go or forfeit their cost.  What are they waiting for?

It's the weekend and a holiday.  No one is in the office.  I expect an announcement on Monday or Tuesday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jayne E said:

While I don't disagree with the sentiment you're expressing, NCL is a cruise line,  not Oceania's parent company. NCL and Oceania are corporate siblings with Norwegian Cruise Lines Holdings (NCLH) being the parent company of both, as well as the parent company of Regent Seven Seas Cruises. I suspect @davenclis correct about Oceania making an announcement early in the upcoming week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emckeeve said:

We are sailing Tuesday!!

From the NCL board, under the NCL POM  (Peace of Mind) policy it appears there may be no set deadline to cancel before the cruise.  If you want to cancel and get a Future Cruise cert, keep watching to see when/whether Oceania joins parent NCL and reinstates Oceania's "Travelers Assurance."

The holiday weekend makes it difficult to judge whether or not this will happen.

Edited by ohmark

Just to add to the decision process at Oceania, there will be a new CEO replacing Bob Binder who will be moving to Vice Chairman of NCLH on Monday or so. 
We have had some friends cancel some Nautica cruises when she returns to sailing in April and the real challenge is to find a 2022 cruise with availability when you might have the personal availability to sail. I do think they will make a similar offer as NCL and It should come this week. 
🙏🤞👍🤙

Mauibabes

We too have reservation for the January 4 Riviera sailing and feeling quite suspended as we are coming from California, additionally worried that our redeye flight will get cancelled due to staffing challenges and then needing to find a flight that gets us to Miami in time…..that of course added to the concern that our test tomorrow will not get us the results in time as that system is totally overloaded.  

tomorrow is so last minute in getting us the change of plans but probably our preference at this time.  We already have reservations for 2 future Oceania cruises and are wondering if we do get the cancellation options are you required to book a new cruise or can you apply you funds to existing cruises?  Such crazy times

If I were booked on the January 4 Riviera cruise, I would not be happy that Oceania didn't get someone in the office to address the disparity between NCL's Peace of Mind cancellation policy and the Tough Luck policy that presently exists with Oceania.  There are passengers making their way to Miami right now.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, berkeleyoski said:

We already have reservations for 2 future Oceania cruises and are wondering if we do get the cancellation options are you required to book a new cruise or can you apply you funds to existing cruises?  Such crazy times

Posters on NCL board say that Norwegian "Peace of Mind" allow them to apply to existing 2022 cruise.

1 hour ago, RCD1952 said:

If I were booked on the January 4 Riviera cruise, I would not be happy that Oceania didn't get someone in the office to address the disparity between NCL's Peace of Mind cancellation policy and the Tough Luck policy that presently exists with Oceania.  There are passengers making their way to Miami right now.  

Well said!  Oceania Tough Luck policy…..coupled with thousands of cancelled flights.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Well said!  Oceania Tough Luck policy…..coupled with thousands of cancelled flights.

As of Monday Jan. 3, 2022 at 11:20 am CST the Oceania web site Sail Safe information is dated 12/20/21. No updates yet on matching NCL Peace of Mind policies.

37 minutes ago, susiesan said:

As of Monday Jan. 3, 2022 at 11:20 am CST the Oceania web site Sail Safe information is dated 12/20/21. No updates yet on matching NCL Peace of Mind policies.

Not sure it would be posted under the Sail Safe link, but in any event any updated policy is nowhere to be found as of now.  Then again, I don't see reinstatement on NCL's page either, at least not conspicuously.   It's not under NCL's Sail Safe page.  I did see their mask policy has an expiration date of Jan 31, which of course can be extended.

Edited by marieps
  • Like 1

Oceania's information on January and February travel and entry requirements is also all wrong and out of date. They really are very slow to put out current up to date information for their guests.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/Travel-Entry-MNA-RVA-INS-SIR-December-January-2022-21-December-Update.pdf

Just now, susiesan said:

Oceania's information on January and February travel and entry requirements is also all wrong and out of date. They really are very slow to put out current up to date information for their guests.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2021-12/Travel-Entry-MNA-RVA-INS-SIR-December-January-2022-21-December-Update.pdf

Can you give specifics on what's wrong in the PDF?

9 minutes ago, marieps said:

Can you give specifics on what's wrong in the PDF?

It says no testing for San Juan. That changed last week, you need a test to get off the ship in San Juan.

https://www.cruisehive.com/cruise-lines-begin-to-suspend-visits-to-san-juan-due-to-new-requirements/62739

The testing requirements for French Polynesia changed Dec. 30. You can read about the problems Windstar is having with Tahiti cruises on that section of CC. Cruises are being cut short and cancelled due to covid.

https://tahititourisme.com.au/en-au/covid-19/

• Thanks 1