In quarantine on Equinox. Ask me anything. I’m bored.

Parkerson

9 minutes ago, dollyd said:

Finally after two days I am in medical. Just got husbands results back he tested negative however after being quarantined in the cabin with me for two days I’m sure he’s infected now.

2DE2DDC1-3451-4AD9-8E6C-4C961C003342.jpeg

I hope you asked them to test your husband again?  He should have just gone to medical with you so he could get tested.

1 minute ago, travelbug615 said:

I wonder if while in Medical you can find out how many people on board are positive now, and if the number is more than they can handle at the moment?  There must be some reason for the ship being so unresponsive to you.  Wishing the best for you and your fellow passengers going thru this.  

Nope. Tried that when I was there. They’re tight-lipped. 

But there’s no question that it’s more than they can handle. No question. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Apologies if it's been asked, but has X provided any information at any point in the cruise about the crew? 

Crew cases? 

Crew booster status? 

Any isolation neighbors that are crew? 

Edited by D C

Just now, D C said:

Apologies if it's been asked, but has X provided any information about the crew? 

Crew cases? 

Crew booster status? 

Any isolation neighbors that are crew? 

1. No

2. No (rumor is 100)

3.  No

4. Yes!

25%. Damn….reminds me of school. 🤪

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Thank you to everyone I am just finishing up in medical and I have asked them repeatedly to please retest my husband. So far they are saying no that it’s up to the CDC Shoreside. Tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

You all have to understand how much I love the celebrity brand and how much it pains me to be on here making such negative posts. However, the treatment has been completely unbelievable with the lack of information. The crew are working tirelessly definitely a problem with the administration and how they are handling this crisis. 

• Like 4

I just read the last 4 pages of this thread. Thanks for answering questions. We are scheduled to be on Equinox on Sunday. Wondering if it will still be a "go" or not, and also wondering if our fights will get us to Florida on Saturday or not. So many unknowns. Not sure what we should do at this point in time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Parkerson said:

Nope. Tried that when I was there. They’re tight-lipped. 

But there’s no question that it’s more than they can handle. No question. 

More than they can handle is what concerns me!!!

Over on another thread - Observations from the Poop Deck - post #236 by Morpheusofthesea mentioned staff not being available b/c they too are getting sick/testing positive.

In my opinion it is not about a cabin being clean in a timely manner or a chocolate making it on to a pillow it is about when "stuff" gets real can the ship management & crew truly handle the situation. It sounds like the answer is NO and that things are not really in control.

I really feel for Dollyd. It is great that Parkerson worked on getting things handled for her and getting answers but it is also rather scary! Seriously! Dollyd reached out by Cruise Critic forum to ask another quarantined passenger to call guest services on the ship where they are both quarantined in order to try and get help/answers. O-M-G!!!!

I am so glad you are getting back to port tomorrow and will, hopefully, be able to get home. I bet it will feel really great to be in your own bed.

Parkerson, DollyD, and Barb1403 thank you for sharing this leg of the journey. Wishing you each a speedy recovery.

• Like 14

OMG is right.  I still can’t believe that parkerson, a quarantined passenger had to get involved to so that another quarantined passenger DollyD can get some assistance or be taken care of by Celebrity.  I am quite shocked at that.  If there is a Cruise Critic award for most helpful member, I would nominate Parkerson with no doubt in my mind.  He pretty much lifted the curtain and let us peek behind and helped another cruiser in need.  BRAVO 👏 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 11

39 minutes ago, dollyd said:

Finally after two days I am in medical. Just got husbands results back he tested negative however after being quarantined in the cabin with me for two days I’m sure he’s infected now.

2DE2DDC1-3451-4AD9-8E6C-4C961C003342.jpeg

Since you are able to post this, you have streaming wifi.  Check your phone's settings and enable wifi calling.  Then you should be able to make calls.

16 minutes ago, dollyd said:

Thank you to everyone I am just finishing up in medical and I have asked them repeatedly to please retest my husband. So far they are saying no that it’s up to the CDC Shoreside. Tomorrow morning.

That’s what I expected.  There’s not much they could do in the next 12 hrs (other than give you peace of mind, of course) and I’m sure they just want to give this ship a big enema and move on to the next one, sadly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Thank you Parkerson for starting this thread, for all the information you provided, and for the help you were able to give though quarantined.  And thank you to Barb, Dolly, and Mojo as well for sharing your experiences.  I wish you all the best for a speedy recovery and trip home.  

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, wishuponasea said:

I just read the last 4 pages of this thread. Thanks for answering questions. We are scheduled to be on Equinox on Sunday. Wondering if it will still be a "go" or not, and also wondering if our fights will get us to Florida on Saturday or not. So many unknowns. Not sure what we should do at this point in time.

We were too, but canceled after reading all this.  12 nights of stress is something I can take a FCC and move on from.  Plus Parkerson’s observations for himself if he was shoreside right now.  Best of luck, we will be watching from a beach to be determined this week.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, dollyd said:

You all have to understand how much I love the celebrity brand and how much it pains me to be on here making such negative posts. However, the treatment has been completely unbelievable with the lack of information. The crew are working tirelessly definitely a problem with the administration and how they are handling this crisis. 

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and thank you for sharing with us.  Wish you get well soon and a safe trip home.

• Like 2

Thanks to Parkerson and others who have posted.  We have 2 cruises coming up in the next 4-5 weeks and have been mulling over what to do.

What we have taken from this is a persons attitude and making the best of a bad situation if quarantined is paramount.   Parkerson didn’t want to be bored so he found a way to make use of the time and benefit others.  Sounds like a person we would like to know.
We have also decided if 1 one of us tested positive the other won’t go into quarantine .  Having someone on the “outside” could be helpful in getting info or assistance. 

I hope those in quarantine will report back on the post debarkation, quarantine and travel home arrangements.

Thanks and Good health to all!

• Like 26

37 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

If there is a Cruise Critic award for most helpful member, I would nominate Parkerson with no doubt in my mind

Agree.  This has been an incredible thread. 

Free Cruise for @Parkerson- that's my vote 

@Parkerson - You've been so helpful ... Maybe you should stay onboard to help others in the red zone on future sailings? 😉

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I don't imagine that LLP reads Cruise Critic, but this is one thread that her staff needs to bring to her attention.

As TeaRick pointed out, a UTI is nothing to screw around with.  Left untreated, it can put you in a hospital a lot faster than omicron.

I'm astounded that no one ... just one ... person wasn't TASKED with communications with quarantined passengers on a ongoing basis. There should be someone in Medical (to avoid HIPAA issues and to provide necessary expertise) to triage actual emergent situations and to handle periodic virtual wellness checks.  Leaving COVID positive patients without any communication for extended periods of time isn't acceptable.  From a patient perspective, it seems that X has completely dropped the ball with their COVID-positive patient management procedures.  And from what you good pax have been describing to us, that's exactly what has happened here.

Moreover, as you're at the mercy of the phone response, one small team of 2 or 3 should also have been TASKED with managing the incoming food and drink issues using a separately provided phone number.  Being unable to reach a live body under these circumstances isn't acceptable.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

If I were in the Iconic Suite I would make sure I took handcuffs with me so I could chain myself to something immovable and ride out the quarantine.😎

Yeah, well, they confiscate hand cuffs when you try to board with them! Good luck. 😄

• Haha 6

28 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Thanks to Parkerson and others who have posted.  We have 2 cruises coming up in the next 4-5 weeks and have been mulling over what to do.

What we have taken from this is a persons attitude and making the best of a bad situation if quarantined is paramount.   Parkerson didn’t want to be bored so he found a way to make use of the time and benefit others.  Sounds like a person we would like to know.
We have also decided if 1 one of us tested positive the other won’t go into quarantine .  Having someone on the “outside” could be helpful in getting info or assistance. 

I hope those in quarantine will report back on the post debarkation, quarantine and travel home arrangements.

Thanks and Good health to all!

Thank you. Very kind of you. I keep telling my wife that I’m an ok guy. ☺️

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Mojo65 said:

so we saw the New Years in in our new quarantined room, since we have been in this room, I have been so frustrated, ive connected with neighbours, which I call our balcony clan, Parkerson who started this is our neighbour, its been really hard to get any kind of food, I call room service and it takes forever, and often times out and they hang up, no one is checking on us, i have had to call guest services several times to ask for them to contact room service, last night I called room service about 11 pm and put my order in for today so i tried to plan ahead so i wasn't on hold for ever, it also never comes correctly, I ordered breakfast cereal and they didn't send bowls, i ordered a burger, and half the bun was missing, I ordered water with lunch and it didn't arrive.......i've also had issues which is very stressful, on their plans to get us off the ship and into a hotel for quarantine and then get us home....that is still in progress and I will let you all know what happens with that, at this moment I am trying to get my husband a PCR test to get home, he is booked to have a PCR test tomorrow morning 9.30 port side and their cost, if he tests negative he can fly home on his Tues morning flight back to DTW, pick up the car and drive home....I have to quarantine in FLL, they are booking my hotel I have to organize my flight home, they will pay, I just have to claim it back, but my issue is I have to fly home to Canada now because no one can drive me across the border home....as hubby is not allowed to drive across the border to pick me up....right I will read up on some posts and see if anymore info comes to mind...

Thanks Mojo65. We thought of driving to Syracuse (from Ottawa) to go to FLL. It now seems a nightmarish ideas if we get infected on a cruise. Just getting back to Canada, with our car at the Syracuse airport seems a silly idea now. I think we'll pass cruising again this year and enjoy the scenery of Meech Lake in our kayak !!! Take care and have a safe trip back home.

Thanks for all the information you gave. Much appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

Agree.  This has been an incredible thread. 

Free Cruise for @Parkerson- that's my vote 

@Parkerson - You've been so helpful ... Maybe you should stay onboard to help others in the red zone on future sailings? 😉

Ha. That’s another hard pass. I’m busting out of the red zone tomorrow. 

I’d only agree to a free cruise if you could all join me and the wife!  👫

**those aren’t actual pics of us, btw***

• Like 1
  • Haha 9