Anyone currently on the Reflection?

Ken the cruiser

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

We will also be on the 2/5 sailing 🤞in a CS.  We have never been a fan of Michael’s Club/Retreat Lounge on the  S class they feel dark and dungeon like, so unlikely we will be in there unless we need the Retreat Concierge.  
We are booked on the 2/14  Silhouette after we disembark the Reflection on the 12th.  We have reservations in Hollywood Beach for the 2nights in between but at this point staying beyond the 2/5 sailing seems possibly pushing our luck.  We will give it a couple of weeks before we decide. 

We are booked in the CS in April.  Please let us know how it is.  We loved the Michael's Club/Retreat on the Constellation.  Love it!  I'm hoping for the same experience 

We were on a CS on Reflection 12/11-12/18.  

Things we loved:

L-shaped couch and found myself taking afternoon naps on a regular basis on the couch. 

The balcony - shaded and private, and a nice set of chairs and table.  

The large screen HD TV and sound system.

The separated bed room from the main cabin.

Things we did not like so much:

The small bathroom, it felt very cramped after being in an aft corner S1 the week before

The phone next to the toilet that was continually being knocked off the hook every time one of us stood up from the toilet. 

I was also on the 12/26 sailing and disembarked yesterday. It was only my 2nd Celebrity cruise, but I was a little surprised in the lack of variety of the shows and that there weren't any big "production" shows. NYE there was not a show at 7 and 9 like other nights, just a single 9:30 show of the same comedian from the first night, but I thought maybe it was because of other NYE festivities. The last night was a second set of December 63 shows that had played earlier in the week. I didn't see their first show but thought they seemed a little tired and under-rehearsed that night. 

The last evening I happened to overhear one of the activities staff telling other guests in a loud whisper that we hadn't had any production shows because several of the dancers where in *isolation*. So I think perhaps we had reruns because of unavailable performers and this isn't typical.

18 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Been onboard Reflection about 24 hours now.  I've heard varying number of guests onboard.  Around 1,000 seems to be the average answer.  I will find out for sure and post when I do.  I think I mentioned we switched from St. Croix to Nassau where we are today.  We stayed onboard.  Ship feels pretty empty.

Had a nice, small Cruise Critic gathering at the Sunset Bar this morning.  Eight of us sat and chatted for awhile.  That was great. 

Dinner last evening in the main dining room was the standard first night Celebrity dinner - Prime Rib, Spaghetti Bolognese, Roast Chicken.  Food was fine, company and service were great (lots of laughter).  Our group has two tables next to each other for the sailing.  Dining room at 7:00 PM was fair empty.  After dinner (around 8:30) we went up to the Lawn Club Grille to check on our dinner reservation for this evening and there were only 2 guests dining there.  Looking forward to my husband's birthday celebration there tonight.

Everyone is complying with masks indoors.  We're just spending the majority of our time outside.  

Crew is terrific.  Ship is in decent shape but some things, like the couch in our cabin (a 1A) is showing its age and could use new cushions. But really, Reflection is in great shape overall.  

Michaels Club is still the dark woods (which I prefer) but that will change once they re-do the ship.  

We wouldn't hesitate to continue to sail Reflection.  

Hi @Host Anne and thanks for posting. We met you and your family in August on the Summit. We've got a cruise booked on the Reflection for late March and are really looking forward to it, Covid willing. We love the Silhouette, and have been looking forward to sailing on the Reflection due to the similarities (especially the Lawn Club Grill and Porch Cafe). Will be following this thread to hear peoples' thoughts. Hope you have a great cruise!

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 4:47 PM, Host Anne said:

Just boarded Reflection this afternoon so I can't tell you much yet other than that they are now requiring masks to be worn indoors at all times.

As far as the 'revolution' of the ships go, we were on Equinox in October which has been 'revolutionized' and I honestly didn't see much difference from the other times we sailed her.  I think most of the changes are related to creating the "Retreat experience."  If you aren't in the Retreat, we didn't notice any difference after the revolution.  Not sure what they'll be doing if anything to Reflection.  She looks and feels like all the other S-class ships.  

I've heard various numbers of passengers for this cruise from 1,000 - 1,200.  We'll see where we end up.

Hi Host Anne. Thanks for doing this. Can you tell me if they are social distancing the seating in the MDR, particularly Celebrity Select.

Thanks

9 hours ago, IslaSarah said:

The last evening I happened to overhear one of the activities staff telling other guests in a loud whisper that we hadn't had any production shows because several of the dancers where in *isolation*. So I think perhaps we had reruns because of unavailable performers and this isn't typical.

Yes, that does seem to be going around.

I’m onboard with Anne; she has the most amazing floral shirts ever.😀

Things are great, from our perspective anyway. Select dining people are spaced well, every other table open. Loads of space in the buffet, theater, pool area etc. and the crew is trying super hard to please. We’re trying to stay out of crowds and haven’t spent much time in shows- not our thing anyway. But the first show, a cappella group, had maybe 50 people at the 7pm show. Distance hasn’t been a problem. Itinerary has changed twice but we figured it would, still having a great time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Kirsten T said:

I’m onboard with Anne; she has the most amazing floral shirts ever.😀

Things are great, from our perspective anyway. Select dining people are spaced well, every other table open. Loads of space in the buffet, theater, pool area etc. and the crew is trying super hard to please. We’re trying to stay out of crowds and haven’t spent much time in shows- not our thing anyway. But the first show, a cappella group, had maybe 50 people at the 7pm show. Distance hasn’t been a problem. Itinerary has changed twice but we figured it would, still having a great time.

Thank you for keeping us all posted  much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kirsten T said:

But the first show, a cappella group, had maybe 50 people at the 7pm show.

I certainly do appreciate how the performers are holding up during all this.  I had a couple experiences earlier this year where I was the only audience for someone playing in a lounge (and once when they had no audience at all until I showed up).  That takes some character.

2 hours ago, txtechmk said:

Following along.......we will be on the Reflection on the 19th.  Hoping for small crowds, great food, sunshine, no Covid!

We are on that sailing too 🙂  Can't wait to get on the ship and hoping Omicron has calmed itself down by that point 🙏

• Like 3

2 hours ago, txtechmk said:

Following along.......we will be on the Reflection on the 19th.  Hoping for small crowds, great food, sunshine, no Covid!

33 minutes ago, CruisnDeb said:

We are on that sailing too 🙂  Can't wait to get on the ship and hoping Omicron has calmed itself down by that point 🙏

We're with CruisnDeb in March, but there is a sailing on the 19th in January, February and March so which one are you on txtechmk?  Hoping for small crowd, great food, sunshine and no Covid for all of them!

1 minute ago, garyl62 said:

We're with CruisnDeb in March, but there is a sailing on the 19th in January, February and March so which one are you on txtechmk?  Hoping for small crowd, great food, sunshine and no Covid for all of them!

OMG  I hadn't even considered the fact it could be another month 😜

Just a quick update - we see the crew making adjustments and enforcing mask use in all indoor spaces, even the fitness center. Staff are exceptional and service has been outstanding. Weather has been beautiful and we had a few itinerary changes — but replaced with Barbados and St Maarten so we are NOT complaining! So far I think only one person with COVID isolating onboard. Anyone coming onboard will have a wonderful time!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

January 19th!

15 minutes ago, PTCruiser77 said:

Just a quick update - we see the crew making adjustments and enforcing mask use in all indoor spaces, even the fitness center. Staff are exceptional and service has been outstanding. Weather has been beautiful and we had a few itinerary changes — but replaced with Barbados and St Maarten so we are NOT complaining! So far I think only one person with COVID isolating onboard. Anyone coming onboard will have a wonderful time!!

Which islands did you miss?

On 1/3/2022 at 1:44 AM, JennyD1 said:

We got off the Reflection today. There were 1700 passengers on board.  Thought the ship was in great condition.  Went to all the shows, John Bressler great piano player/singer, Leigh Cara great singer/guitarist, Ryan Story great singer/guitarist, and December '63 did two shows, both fantastic (Four Seasons songs). Did not get to see the comedy show.  I dont know if they have different entertainers each week.  We had a great cruise.  Dont know how many covid cases on board.  I did hear the captain mention we had one positive case on the second or third day, but never heard anything else.  My husband and I were fine, until the last night, he felt like he was getting a head cold.  Today we had a four hour drive home.  Tonight he has a fever, cough, congestion, body aches.  Going tomorrow for a test.  I hope its nothing more than a cold.  We are both fully vaccinated. Love the Reflection.

We both tested positive for covid after cruising last week.  Hubs feeling a lot worse than me.  I only have a headache, runny nose and body aches. so far.