What’s new on Beyond?

mfs2k

Covid is really taking the fun out of looking forward to the 9 night October cruise we have booked on Beyond,

This post will (hopefully) help me think positively. 

Tell me what you’ve heard about Beyond?  
What features on this ship will be different than other Celebrity ships?  What would you be looking forward to on a Beyond cruise? 

Help me, for just a brief moment, to stop thinking about vaccines, boosters, symptoms,  quarantines, masks, hospitalizations, and worse. 

• Like 2

Hi!  Fellow Roll Call member.  😃

Yes, thinking about the joy of cruising is always good.  😃

It's not new to the line (only on S-class ships) but while on the Equinox in October the bartenders at the World Class Bar told us the World Class Bar will be on the Beyond will have it's own new drink menu.  20 new drinks with only two from the current World Class Bar drink menu.  I asked if they had any input and they did!  They did not on the current menu on S-class.    

This will be my first E-Class ship.  I was very hesitant about the Edge and Apex but while on the Equinox an update about the Beyond came out and after looking at the online brochure...We thought, "Why Not?"  I am really excited to see and experience the Beyond.  😉

I love the look of the Sunset bar which is different from the other ships.  It reminds me of a bar overlooking the Mediterranean coast.

The martini bar will be larger and circular. Why they got rid of the ice on E-class?!  I have no clue.  I like the ice.

There are cantilevered pools that will be new.  Not sure I like the idea of that.  They do look neat.  😉

The Edge has a kind of "cold" feel to it, Apex too but it seems they improved some things.  The Beyond seems like they are improving upon the others and some areas/color palettes don't seem as sterile.  I love Cafe Bacio on S-class ships.  Cafe Bacio, from the renderings...eh, I don't know.  We'll see how it is in person.

The Retreat areas are a bit more enhanced.

Have you looked on Celebrity's website under the Beyond?  There is the .pdf brochure and short video.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-beyond

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 2

Beyond is longer and taller than Edge/Apex. Deck 17 has been added, with the Retreat Sundeck relocated there. This freed up Deck 16 for Luminae to move up from Deck 12, allowing for more Retreat rooms there. Beyond is 68 feet longer, with passenger capacity increased by 350 (double occupancy). The view from Luminae has been improved but non-EV Retreat passengers will need to find their way from Deck 12 to Deck 16. I like the new location of Luminae. We are booked in an EV on the Beyond and we will have access to Luminae from our second floor door on Deck 16. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

Beyond is longer and taller than Edge/Apex. Deck 17 has been added, with the Retreat Sundeck relocated there. This freed up Deck 16 for Luminae to move up from Deck 12, allowing for more Retreat rooms there. Beyond is 68 feet longer, with passenger capacity increased by 350 (double occupancy). The view from Luminae has been improved but non-EV Retreat passengers will need to find their way from Deck 12 to Deck 16. I like the new location of Luminae. We are booked in an EV on the Beyond and we will have access to Luminae from our second-floor door on Deck 16. 

Moving the Luminae from the port side of deck 12 to 16 with the forward view is a huge improvement for Retreat passengers. The Beyond will now have all of the retreat facilities located in one forward location, enhancing the small ship in a larger ship experience. We have 51 days booked in the Retreat on the Edge and Apex in 2023 and 24, we hope to book the Beyond in 2025 when itineraries are released. IMO, no other cruise line has anything close to the Celebrity Retreat facilities and suite amenities. We do have a RCL 2023 cruise on the Allure in a Grand Suite with our 12-year-old Granddaughter only because it sails from Galveston in the summer months. RCL is trying to offer more like the Celebrity Retreat, but they are not close.

My sister and BIL sailed in an EV on the Edge this summer, their first time in a cabin higher than Aqua and absolutely loved it, now they are spoiled and will only sail on E Class ships in the Retreat. They will be on the Edge with us in 2024 in NZ/Australia.

• Like 4

Great thread. Thanks for starting it.

Let's keep it going..

Post links, pics, cabin location diagrams,  etc here.

Our old friend Vt cruiser ( rest in peace)  would  have been  a great resource. We  miss her dearly.

We enjoyed EDGE..in an IV AQ cabin and also an SV..  but are really looking forward to  sailing BEYOND in Nov..in the Retreat!  Sounds awesome!

Short cruise  for us , but we will try as many extras and upgrades as we can..plus the spa.

Edited by hcat
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Loved the edge but hard to not like a penthouse (curtesy of move up) , I think we preferred the edge martini bar to the other classes. We will definitely get plenty of walking since we have a corner aft sky suite on other end of the ship from retreat and Luminae (unless we do another move up ), will be happy to see captain Kate again. Going in November on beyond.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

We are on the Beyond for the 5 day in November. 

We always cruise the weekend after thanksgiving, just watched a video of beyond and they said martini bar will be round again , we spent way to much time drinking there on edge loved all the live music there.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We do have a RCL 2023 cruise on the Allure in a Grand Suite with our 12-year-old Granddaughter only because it sails from Galveston in the summer months. RCL is trying to offer more like the Celebrity Retreat, but they are not close.

My sister and BIL sailed in an EV on the Edge this summer, their first time in a cabin higher than Aqua and absolutely loved it, now they are spoiled and will only sail on E Class ships in the Retreat. They will be on the Edge with us in 2024 in NZ/Australia.

Rccl new ship the Wonder may be close to celebrity retreat, but doubt it . Allure suite perks are pretty pitiful compared to celebrity, but entertainment is fantastic just got off it last month, your granddaughter will love it. Grand suite is nicer than sky suites.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hcat said:

Great thread. Thanks for starting it.

Let's keep it going..

Post links, pics, cabin location diagrams,  etc here.

Our old friend Vt cruiser ( rest in peace)  would  have been  a great resource. We  miss her dearly.

We enjoyed EDGE..in an IV AQ cabin and also an SV..  but are really looking forward to  sailing BEYOND in Nov..in the Retreat!  Sounds awesome!

Short cruise  for us , but we will try as many extras and upgrades as we can..plus the spa.

Vt cruiser would have guided our knowledge and information to the fullest.  She was such a gem; so many of us miss her expertise and lovely way of sharing.

I have Beyond booked for a TA/b2b in April of 2023.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Vt cruiser would have guided our knowledge and information to the fullest.  She was such a gem; so many of us miss her expertise and lovely way of sharing.

I have Beyond booked for a TA/b2b in April of 2023.

Agree Vtcruising was a gem and became a friend.  She would be so excited with Beyond.

• Like 5

On 1/3/2022 at 9:15 PM, mfs2k said:

Covid is really taking the fun out of looking forward to the 9 night October cruise we have booked on Beyond,

This post will (hopefully) help me think positively. 

Tell me what you’ve heard about Beyond?  
What features on this ship will be different than other Celebrity ships?  What would you be looking forward to on a Beyond cruise? 

Help me, for just a brief moment, to stop thinking about vaccines, boosters, symptoms,  quarantines, masks, hospitalizations, and worse. 

Pretty much everything is new.

• Haha 1