**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

2 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

I understand, actually that did happen to someone in our family also.  I think we had to create another account (which probably involved creating another email address for that person, but I can't remember for sure, but we did find a way around it).  I agree, it's a total pain.  But at least with this method we aren't flying across the country hoping our test results come back in time.

Did a gmail, it worked, ready to cruise Saturday. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a picture of the testing area at the terminal for unvaccinated cruisers?

Or can you explain how it is set up? I'm assuming it is outside of the terminal but does anyone know how the testing is actually done (do you just walk up and get tested and then wait for your results; is it done by boarding times, first come/first served; etc? Any info is appreciated! 

Hi everyone - does anyone know where I can find out what constitutes a "certified laboratory"?  We are cruising in July and my daughter just tested positive (rapid test) at her college.  The test is performed in a facility where she swabs herself but then the result as ascertained by an independent technician.  Any idea how I can find out whether that rapid test administered at her school will be sufficient for the "electronic copy of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory"

Is there a Carnival Covid hotline to get CONFIRMED answers prior to Embarkation?  Due to MY positive covid test on Thursday, May 12th, we rescheduled our trip that was leaving tomorrow for a departure on Carnival for Monday, May 23rd. My daughter tested positive TODAY, Friday, May 13th. I called the general guest relations hotline for Carnival and a really nice lady confirmed that I would be okay to board the ship on the 23rd, with a document of recovery since it was past 10 days out. She also said 'It looks like my daughter should be able to get on the boat, too, with a document of recovery." Her words, 'should be' are not reaffirming. 
I would hate to get to the port and find out the Covid inspectors count differently than the Carnival Guest Relations person. SO, testing positive today, by my count says my daughter would be 10 days at May 22nd.
Anyone have advice, help, or a different number to call???

2 hours ago, traveltroupe2 said:

Is there a Carnival Covid hotline to get CONFIRMED answers prior to Embarkation?  Due to MY positive covid test on Thursday, May 12th, we rescheduled our trip that was leaving tomorrow for a departure on Carnival for Monday, May 23rd. My daughter tested positive TODAY, Friday, May 13th. I called the general guest relations hotline for Carnival and a really nice lady confirmed that I would be okay to board the ship on the 23rd, with a document of recovery since it was past 10 days out. She also said 'It looks like my daughter should be able to get on the boat, too, with a document of recovery." Her words, 'should be' are not reaffirming. 
I would hate to get to the port and find out the Covid inspectors count differently than the Carnival Guest Relations person. SO, testing positive today, by my count says my daughter would be 10 days at May 22nd.
Anyone have advice, help, or a different number to call???

I have a couple of pieces of advice.

First of all, decide soon whether you want to go on this cruise.  You should be able to get FCC for another cruise some other time, and if you have someone working on your behalf (like a travel agent or PVP), you might be able to do a little better.  The sooner you cancel (if you want to do that), the more options you'll have both for possible reimbursement and possible replacement cruises.

Second, there's a chance that you or your daughter may not have fully recovered by the sail date.  Obviously, me and everyone else here wants you both to be 100% healthy for this cruise, but if either of you are still showing symptoms... it's probably best to not show up - even if you can get a recovery certificate.  Just keep it in mind.

• Like 1

Is anyone else having an issue with trying to schedule proctored service with iHealth? I was intending on using my free government tests for my upcoming cruise, but I'm getting a bit nervous due to the service now showing up as "sold out" on their website. Its not allowing me to purchase a future appointment date for a proctored test.

I'd hate to spend $150 on new tests from elsewhere if I don't have to. I'm so nervous about this testing stuff going wrong that its hard to get into the cruising spirit. 

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bhunivelze said:

Is anyone else having an issue with trying to schedule proctored service with iHealth? I was intending on using my free government tests for my upcoming cruise, but I'm getting a bit nervous due to the service now showing up as "sold out" on their website. Its not allowing me to purchase a future appointment date for a proctored test.

I'd hate to spend $150 on new tests from elsewhere if I don't have to. I'm so nervous about this testing stuff going wrong that its hard to get into the cruising spirit. 

Uh oh.  I was planning on using the iHealth proctored test too, but I see "Sold out" as well.

I sometimes wonder about VeriFLY -- we cruise on Friday, and under the "Submit negative test results" it gives the following message:

i-3V9HDKb-X2.png

Somehow I doubt that taking a test tonight (Monday after 8pm) would satisfy Carnival !

Tom

On 5/12/2022 at 3:19 PM, mjayp said:

Hi everyone - does anyone know where I can find out what constitutes a "certified laboratory"?  We are cruising in July and my daughter just tested positive (rapid test) at her college.  The test is performed in a facility where she swabs herself but then the result as ascertained by an independent technician.  Any idea how I can find out whether that rapid test administered at her school will be sufficient for the "electronic copy of the positive viral test result from a certified laboratory"

If I had to guess, it's probably CLIA-certified labs. Link below.

Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) | CDC

Edited by Cruise, J.D.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pkster said:

Uh oh.  I was planning on using the iHealth proctored test too, but I see "Sold out" as well.

So, I called the iHealth hotline to see if I could purchase an appointment with a telehealth proctor and I got an automated response saying that they are no longer accepting appointments and that it is unknown at this time when seats will be available. It also said to make arrangements with my airline as soon as possible to explore other options or something to that effect.

What a load of crap! I guess I should be thankful I'm finding this out now as opposed to closer to my embarkation date next month. I guess I will be purchasing the eMed test kits after all 😞

19 minutes ago, bhunivelze said:

So, I called the iHealth hotline to see if I could purchase an appointment with a telehealth proctor and I got an automated response saying that they are no longer accepting appointments and that it is unknown at this time when seats will be available. It also said to make arrangements with my airline as soon as possible to explore other options or something to that effect.

What a load of crap! I guess I should be thankful I'm finding this out now as opposed to closer to my embarkation date next month. I guess I will be purchasing the eMed test kits after all 😞

Wow, that is a load of crap.  I'm glad you saw this and brought it to my and the board's attention.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi, I have a nineteen year old daughter and a sixteen year old daughter that both received their final vaccine on May 2 2022.

Are they both able to test three days prior to our Carnival Cruise at the end of this month?

TIA

If they are eligible for a booster and have not received it, they would not be able to do the three day testing.  I don't think they would be eligible because they only received their vaccine within the last 6 months. However, to play it safe, you might just have them test within 2 days.

This is what the carnival website says: 

Fully Vaccinated Guests

VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS

Vaccinated cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the sailing day (not counting embarkation day) and have proof of vaccination.

Additionally, the CDC has strongly recommended that individuals obtain a COVID-19 booster vaccination, when eligible. Should the CDC definition of fully vaccinated evolve to require the booster shot, our policy will adapt accordingly. Consequently, we also strongly encourage all guests who are eligible to get their booster vaccine. It is also always possible that certain destinations could define a fully vaccinated guest as one who is current with a booster shot, and boosters may be required for specific voyages based on duration.

The following voyages require fully vaccinated guests who are more than 6 months past the last dose of their initial vaccine series to be boosted in order to sail.

• Carnival Pride Barcelona departures – May 19 and May 29, 2022
  • Carnival Splendor 23-day Carnival Journey (Transpacific) – September 6, 2022

Except where destination requirements differ*, guests who are up to date with their vaccines may take their test within three days prior to sailing. Up to date means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccinations, including any booster dose, when eligible. Example: If the sailing is on Saturday, guests who are up to date with their vaccines may take their test as early as Wednesday and as late as Saturday, if guaranteed to receive results in time for check-in.

"If a guest is fully vaccinated but not up to date with their vaccines (i.e., is eligible for a booster but has not received one), they must take their pre-cruise COVID-19 test within two days prior to sailing. A fully vaccinated guest who is not up to date with their vaccines may take their test no earlier than Thursday and as late as Saturday."

The answer from Carnival is very clear. The last dose of vaccine must be at least fourteen days before embarkation and does not included the day of embarkation.

Boosters are only recommended if the date of the last dose was at least six months ago. The information does give the cruises that are an exception to the rule and requires boosters for those whose dose were longer ago than six month. 

The OP stated last dose was May 2, 2022. The cruise is at the end of this month (May 2022).

The girls will be considered fully vaccinated on May 16. They are not eligible for a booster dose and DO NOT require one.

First eligible test date as fully vaccinated is May 17. This means embarkation on  or after May 19 for three days test. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Benwar said:

Thanks for the reply.

It’s funny on how no one knows the answer to this (myself included) because of the wording from Carnival.

Huh?  The Carnival wording is very clear.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

The answer from Carnival is very clear. The last dose of vaccine must be at least fourteen days before embarkation and does not included the day of embarkation.

Boosters are only recommended if the date of the last dose was at least six months ago. The information does give the cruises that are an exception to the rule and requires boosters for those whose dose were longer ago than six month. 

The OP stated last dose was May 2, 2022. The cruise is at the end of this month (May 2022).

The girls will be considered fully vaccinated on May 16. They are not eligible for a booster dose and DO NOT require one.

First eligible test date as fully vaccinated is May 17. This means embarkation on  or after May 19 for three days test. 

Exactly this. We were in the same situation with my child.  He was not eligible for a booster and was able to test 3 days out. 

On 5/16/2022 at 9:11 AM, bhunivelze said:

Hopefully they will soon drop the testing requirements for fully vaccinated passengers.  

• Like 3

Hi all,

I have read through everything and think I have good understanding on the testing requirement but just want to have a peace of mind by confirming it again. based on the information below, the entire family can all get the test on 5/25,Wednesday for the cruise leave on 5/28, Saturday.  We are based in TX and plan to get Rapid NAAT from Walgreen. Thx

4 year old daughter - unvaccinated ( also understand that she will need to be tested again on the embarkation day)

8 year old son - vaccinated with second dose on April 2022

me and hubby - J&J March 2021, booster shot last month on April 2022

Is anyone using Halo Antigen Self tests?

We use them at home but did anyone use one as their embarkation test?

Halo Tests can be sent to a laboratory as well.

3 hours ago, micokao said:

Hi all,

I have read through everything and think I have good understanding on the testing requirement but just want to have a peace of mind by confirming it again. based on the information below, the entire family can all get the test on 5/25,Wednesday for the cruise leave on 5/28, Saturday.  We are based in TX and plan to get Rapid NAAT from Walgreen. Thx

4 year old daughter - unvaccinated ( also understand that she will need to be tested again on the embarkation day)

8 year old son - vaccinated with second dose on April 2022

me and hubby - J&J March 2021, booster shot last month on April 2022

That is exactly what I and my two DDs (19 & 21) are doing for our May 28 cruise.  Rapid NAAT from Walgreen on Wednesday, May 25.  We have all been boosted.  I would appreciate any feedback regarding the Rapid NAAT for us.  I'm pretty sure Carnival is good with it but if someone has already done this test and taken a cruise, I'd feel more at ease.  Thanks!!