Nexus Trusted Traveler Renewal

iancal

Not sure if anyone is aware of this or not, but when we renewed, the US advised they were merging accounts, therefore asking you to use one specific site with log in. If you needed info it was always clear and concise in that account. They also sent me a renewal tracking # to see the status of your renewal.

I also received new card in mail with date of expiration set as our birthdate 5 yrs in advance, and approx 2 months ago I received an email stating the personal interview situation is not resolved and current Nexus card holders would be extended. This is the site I log in at and never had any issue getting responses to emails https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov

That's the website ttp.cbp.dhs.gov we applied for renewal.

Our status hasn't changed (Wait for conditional approval), still, and there's message

"Due to a significant increase in application volume, we are extending the grace period to allow you continued full benefits while U.S. Customs and Border Protection is finalizing "

Still didn't receive any email since our application, after on the web it confirmed our application and payment (and our CC charged). 

• Like 2

After applying for a renewal over a year ago my husband FINALLY got the email last night that his renewal was approved and will be getting a new card in the mail with a 5 and a half year expiry date. He's a happy camper! We heard from a friend that because he didn't start the process till after his card was expired he'd be starting over including trying to book an interview appt but it seems that wasn't necessary.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 2:47 PM, Alberta Quilter said:

Wow, it took over a year?!  I think I did my renewal in late January (before it expired) so I guess I have at least five more months to go! Thanks for the news about the timing.  Not good news but at least there is hope!

I was told it was mostly because his had already expired and it was like applying from scratch although we fully expected he'd be required to come in for an interview but with all the Canadian offices closed I guess they're waiving the interviews.

On 8/5/2022 at 1:34 PM, Middleager said:

That's the website ttp.cbp.dhs.gov we applied for renewal.

Our status hasn't changed (Wait for conditional approval), still, and there's message

"Due to a significant increase in application volume, we are extending the grace period to allow you continued full benefits while U.S. Customs and Border Protection is finalizing "

Still didn't receive any email since our application, after on the web it confirmed our application and payment (and our CC charged). 

I just got my renewal and it took about about 7 weeks. I'm assuming they will mail me a new card as mine has a December 2022 expiry date. It may not even matter because my expiry date in the system will be December 2027.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2022 at 5:47 PM, Alberta Quilter said:

Wow, it took over a year?!  I think I did my renewal in late January (before it expired) so I guess I have at least five more months to go! Thanks for the news about the timing.  Not good news but at least there is hope!

I applied for DH's renewal July 7th, of 2021 (6 months before it expired) and we are still waiting to hear back.  His card expired this past January.  I'm also waiting for mine which expired this past May and I also applied for my renewal in January (before it expired).  Maybe things are starting to open up..fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

Based on posters waiting over a year for renewal, I just signed into the program requesting renewal.  Message indicated I had to wait until one year from my expiration date to start the process, which is Nov. '22, expiry Nov. '23.  I was hoping to get ahead of the wait time some are experiencing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Based on posters waiting over a year for renewal, I just signed into the program requesting renewal.  Message indicated I had to wait until one year from my expiration date to start the process, which is Nov. '22, expiry Nov. '23.  I was hoping to get ahead of the wait time some are experiencing.

So that means you don't apply until Nov. '23 or is it Nov. '24 (1 year from Nov.

23 expiry)?

Edited by hancogran

31 minutes ago, hancogran said:

So that means you don't apply until Nov. '23 or is it Nov. '24 (1 year from Nov.

23 expiry)?

The card expires Nov. 2023.  I have to apply to renew no sooner than Nov. 2022...on my birth date, 3 mos. from now. 

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

The card expires Nov. 2023.  I have to apply to renew no sooner than Nov. 2022...on my birth date, 3 mos. from now. 

Frankly, I'd just wait until you get the email from them at six months until renewal. Then do the 'paperwork'. The worst thing you can do to a bureaucracy is mess up their routine. 😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Frankly, I'd just wait until you get the email from them at six months until renewal. Then do the 'paperwork'. The worst thing you can do to a bureaucracy is mess up their routine. 😉

Well my husband certainly didn’t get an email reminder of his card expiring I wouldn’t count on that!

7 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

When did your husband apply vs. the expiry date?

His card expired Mar/21 and applied July/21 so 4 months after expiry and had he not needed to dig it out to use as picture ID for something non travel related he would not have even known it expired since like everyone else we hadn’t travelled since before covid (Nov/19). So I put a reminder in my phone to start the renewal for mine a year before mine expires.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Thanks for the advice....but not the best thing IMO....never trust you'll get a 'reminder' from the govt.  The online site is set up to accept after the 1 year date...I'm not waiting for 6 mos. on a never ending wait and worry list.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks for the advice....but not the best thing IMO....never trust you'll get a 'reminder' from the govt.  The online site is set up to accept after the 1 year date...I'm not waiting for 6 mos. on a never ending wait and worry list.

I processed my renewal just less than 10 months before expiry earlier this month. We'll see how it goes.

I also did a stupid move that will cost me $65. I forgot that my TD Aeroplan Visa card covered the cost of the renewal, and, as usual when purchasing in foreign currency I used my Home Trust Visa for the cost. Checking the paperwork after the fact, I had to put the cost on the TD Visa for reimbursement. I'll have to add that to my renewal note for next time.

6 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

We had a card expiring in December, 2022, so initiated an online renewal request on our own in mid-June.  Based on backlog, I was expecting any email reminder.  Received the official renewal confirmation in under 7 weeks.

23 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I processed my renewal just less than 10 months before expiry earlier this month. We'll see how it goes.

I also did a stupid move that will cost me $65. I forgot that my TD Aeroplan Visa card covered the cost of the renewal, and, as usual when purchasing in foreign currency I used my Home Trust Visa for the cost. Checking the paperwork after the fact, I had to put the cost on the TD Visa for reimbursement. I'll have to add that to my renewal note for next time.

Thx...let us know how long it was before receiving.  BTW...I didn't know you could us Aero. Visa for the renewal cost.  I wonder if any other TD visa cards do the same.

23 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

We had a card expiring in December, 2022, so initiated an online renewal request on our own in mid-June.  Based on backlog, I was expecting any email reminder.  Received the official renewal confirmation in under 7 weeks.

Hopefully the long backlogs are behind them and our experience becomes the norm and there is no need anymore for folks to apply for renewal a year in advance.

55 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Let us know how long your renewal takes. 

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

BTW...I didn't know you could us Aero. Visa for the renewal cost.  I wonder if any other TD visa cards do the same.

It seems to be available only on the Aeroplan Visa Infinite, the Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege, and the Aeroplan Visa Business cards.

Well I guess they are starting to work on the Nexus renewal "backlog".  I've mentioned in this thread before that my husband's card expired January 2022 and I had applied for his renewal back on July 7, 2021.  Finally received an email this morning to check his TTP portal since there was a change in status and it shows his renewal is "approved".  The new expiry date is January 2027!!😊  I'm assuming they'll mail the new card but I'm thankful there's no interview involved since I've read horror stories about people having so much trouble getting interviews.   Hopefully my own renewal will be processed soon too and hope everybody else who is waiting gets some good news soon too. 

• Like 4