Zuiderdam Quarantine

NMCruiser123

47 minutes ago, NMCruiser123 said:

Oh my gosh good eye!  I was waving a towel for someone back home!

If you do the same thing in the Gatun Locks, when your part of the ship is approaching the lock gates between the first lock and the middle, might be able to catch you again.  In the meantime, settle yourself on your balcony and scan the banks for crocodiles.  EM

• Like 5

One more "tongue-in-cheek" question .... since Zuiderdam may be in violation of the PVSA when it calls at PEV (for not calling at Cartagena or the ABC's) .... are you exempt from the $778 per passenger PVSA penalty fine if you are in quarantine? The Guest Services Manager might find that to be amusing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

Eurodam is out ... the other ship ahead is Carnival Pride.

PS I just learned that Nieuw Amsterdam is the new hospital/quarantine ship at PEV ... Noordam is on her way to drydock after all transfers to NAdam are completed.

Thanks for sharing.

8 hours ago, travellovers2 said:

Hi NMCruiser... I've been reading your post from the beginning. So sorry you had to go through this. Hopefully this will end soon for you!! How many days are still left on your cruise? I hope you can enjoy the rest of the cruise very soon!! I love your toes picture. I have one with my feet crossed and the Miami skyline that I always post on FB to let my friends know that we're cruising. 🙂

We're thinking about cruising mid Feb. We have not booked yet, we're waiting to do it last minute in case things change. Our last cruise was on the Edge in Feb 2020. We thought about booking our first inside cabin,  but maybe it will be best to get a balcony where we can go to if we feel crowded. Although it seems that many ships are only sailing with 50-60% capacity? Does it feel that way?

What recommendations do you have for those that want to cruise now? I know they say that you have to wear a mask in the restaurants and bars, except when eating and drinking, but then people start talking without a mask on during the entire time they're in there. We saw this on our trip to Europe last month. It was easy to choose another bar/restaurant, but it might not be so easy to do that on a ship.

I've been wanting to ask this question to get the final push to reserve our cruise. What would you do different or what do you recommend that we do if cruising during the pandemic? Thank you.

Stay feet away from people.

Just have to add my praise to your perseverance, class and humor during your quarantine time on the Zuiderdam.  Pretty cool that someone got a shot of you waving a towel on your verandah going thru the Canal.  Keep strong, safe and positive, a lot of us are rooting for you.  

• Like 8

You all are awesome.  Yes made it to Gatun locks.  Was ready with my towel but I’m just behind where the webcam viewing angle gets.  I’m sad we are almost through it’s been such a peaceful day with a cool breeze.  I didn’t catch much wildlife though.  Maybe it’s apples to oranges, but how does this compare to the Suez? 

and I don’t think I want my username to permanently reflect this lost 10 day period of my life!

1 hour ago, NavArch64 said:

Your new screen name for life could be Zuiderdam6033Q .....

• Like 10
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, NMCruiser123 said:

You all are awesome.  Yes made it to Gatun locks.  Was ready with my towel but I’m just behind where the webcam viewing angle gets.  I’m sad we are almost through it’s been such a peaceful day with a cool breeze.  I didn’t catch much wildlife though.  Maybe it’s apples to oranges, but how does this compare to the Suez? 

and I don’t think I want my username to permanently reflect this lost 10 day period of my life!

There's no comparison, Suez is really boring by comparison.  Pretty much just a ditch with sand on both sides.

Roy

• Like 2