On Harmony and it is getting weird!

orville99

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Must not be the normal cruisers then, because towels are put on as soon as it is light out and then people go back to bed, then come back 4 hours later for their chair.

We just have nice, polite pax cruising this week.  About like it was when on Symphony. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Better or worse?

Now that I am retired I am enjoying them more.  It doesn't take a couple days to unwind then start dreading the thought of going back to work the last two days of the cruise. 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Different...and something one needs to experience to be able to comment about how thing are onboard ships now. 

When it comes right down to it , it has to be one or the other, not different, so which is it?

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Now that I am retired I am enjoying them more.  It doesn't take a couple days to unwind then start dreading the thought of going back to work the last two days of the cruise. 

That's cool but that's because over all you are more relaxed because you are not punching a clock and do anything anytime you want too. So you have a different view on everything in your life now. Nothing wrong with that. I'm glad for you.

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

That's cool but that's because over all you are more relaxed because you are not punching a clock and do anything anytime you want too. So you have a different view on everything in your life now. Nothing wrong with that. I'm glad for you.

Are you retired? 

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This morning I meet a guy that was working from the Solarium. 

Is the internet good enough for Zoom Conference Meetings?

Sorry can't continue this, this is off topic and I get blasted for that on CC.

Back to " Weird on Harmony"

Edited by Jimbo

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

When it comes right down to it , it has to be one or the other, not different, so which is it?

Why does it have to be one or the other?  I have been cruising for 23 years. Been on different cruise lines, small and large ships. Been chased by a hurricane, been in great and poor weather.   I have never felt like I could make a long list and rate them from best to worse.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I have never zoomed but facetime has been working. 

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You can’t count on the internet to be good enough at specific times, like for meetings,  Satellite reception varies.

And if you need it on a sea day or when a port gets cancelled, there will be a lot of other people using it at the same time.

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just a suggestion - Zoom with audio only - cutting out video may help with bandwidth.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Even though I wasn't hungry,  I made it through Jamie's.   Thought I would let you know so there was no worries. 

So my second tough time happened this morning.   Usually I sleep later but I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.  A result was this.....

20220111_063759.thumb.jpg.7bacef3890d52130bded7c9bacb08e5c.jpg

I made it back to the room.  If I can't take a nap I will try to recover by the pool later.

WoW! Great shot! To me, that cloud on the right looks like a ship!

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Bronx12 said:

WoW! Great shot! To me, that cloud on the right looks like a ship!

I didn't notice that until you pointed that out.  If you zoom in you will see that it was really storming.   It's nice to be able to sail around it. 

3 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Really?  We thought the bartender in Vintages was very friendly when we were on in early December.   We sat outside and he came out several times to chat.  But we were also his only customers.😂

Sherri🙂

Nice...but our experience...not as nice.  Harmony on board now.   No warm fuzzies available.   Moved on to better bartenders...and we are good tippers...his loss. 😉 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

And the port side balcony and suite cabins on deck 8 are virtually empty. No pax in the two JS to our left or right, and no foot traffic in the halls anytime we go out.

The JS cabin next door we abandoned on Sunday is still empty...the other OS on our other side...still empty.  No one on either side.  We are OS in the middle.  🙂 

• Like 3