Enchanted thoughts

RickSue

I am one finger typing so forgive me. My thoughts so far:   Ship is beautiful.  Two negatives for me- Lifeboats are directly below most balconies and the duvet is really heavy and hot.  

Covid protocols are strong.  There are hand washing stations before you go into the buffet which is nice and they enforce it.  Masking is universal and crew will make you wear them nicely.  FOR CELIACS they now have a dedicated station at breakfast for us!  Can’t tell you how excited I was.   Waffles, pancakes, fantastic toast.  It’s just the second day so I may discover more.   

There is no steak at dinner in the section for “everyday available”.  The waiter said beef is very hard to get.  

So far the Medallion app has a learning curve but they are very helpful. The messaging function for shipmates is a little cumbersome but it may be my own lack of skill.   We shall see.  Not sure I love hauling my phone around but the convenience is really cool.  Also the app is on the TV which is nice. Internet is blazing fast. We have the Platinum status which gives us 4 devices for $100 for a 10 day cruise.   I put my mom’s phone on even though she is in a different room so that’s nice 

Thats all for now.  I will try to update 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, RickSue said:

I am one finger typing so forgive me. My thoughts so far:   Ship is beautiful.  Two negatives for me- Lifeboats are directly below most balconies and the duvet is really heavy and hot.  

Covid protocols are strong.  There are hand washing stations before you go into the buffet which is nice and they enforce it.  Masking is universal and crew will make you wear them nicely.  FOR CELIACS they now have a dedicated station at breakfast for us!  Can’t tell you how excited I was.   Waffles, pancakes, fantastic toast.  It’s just the second day so I may discover more.   

There is no steak at dinner in the section for “everyday available”.  The waiter said beef is very hard to get.  

So far the Medallion app has a learning curve but they are very helpful. The messaging function for shipmates is a little cumbersome but it may be my own lack of skill.   We shall see.  Not sure I love hauling my phone around but the convenience is really cool.  Also the app is on the TV which is nice. Internet is blazing fast. We have the Platinum status which gives us 4 devices for $100 for a 10 day cruise.   I put my mom’s phone on even though she is in a different room so that’s nice 

They stopped having steaks in the everyday available of the MDR menu a couple of years back,  Before the pandemic.  Glad to hear that they are nicely enforcing the mask rule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, franktown said:

They stopped having steaks in the everyday available of the MDR menu a couple of years back,  Before the pandemic.  Glad to hear that they are nicely enforcing the mask rule.

There would be a crown grill section on the MDR menu with a $19 charge prior to the shutdown. It lasted perhaps a little less than two years. 

In regards to the duvet...on almost every cruise we've been on additional covers & bedding were stored under the beds.  Take a look there to see if there is something more to your liking.  Or, just mention it to your room steward.  They most certainly will swap it for you.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

In regards to the duvet...on almost every cruise we've been on additional covers & bedding were stored under the beds.  Take a look there to see if there is something more to your liking.  Or, just mention it to your room steward.  They most certainly will swap it for you.

We always ask for a top sheet as soon as we board. We also find the duvet too heavy and hot and end up just using the sheet for cover.

• Like 3

Also have noticed there is no real Promenade deck.  To really go outside you have to get high on the ship.    Also Gigi’s pizza has excellent Gluten free pizza.  Finding the app somewhat cumbersome sometimes.  Chat with shipmates and find shipmates function is cumbersome.  Would be better if it was more easily accessible in the app

1 hour ago, RickSue said:

Also have noticed there is no real Promenade deck.  To really go outside you have to get high on the ship.    Also Gigi’s pizza has excellent Gluten free pizza.  Finding the app somewhat cumbersome sometimes.  Chat with shipmates and find shipmates function is cumbersome.  Would be better if it was more easily accessible in the app

No promenade deck was really disappointing, as was no library. My e-books didn't download right and I was struck with nothing to ready until we broke down and paid for internet. The good thing was the pro-rated fee, and yes, as stated, the internet was very fast.

I thought the decore was "cold", especially in Princess Live. 

I thought navigating the ship was easy, except for trying to find the dining rooms (the mapping through the Medallion wasn't very helpful, in my opinion) and the crew was fantastic. One of my favorite places was  the jazz venue. Lovely infinity pool on Deck 17 aft. 

I keep a "scrap book" of each cruise I've completed and am grateful paper Patters are still available.I miss having a paper copy of the port maps. Customer service told me I should be able to get one when disembarking at each port but the ship's personnel told me they don't have them. The Medallion was cool to use, but they don't fit in my scrapbook like a key card does!

Was either dining room more preferable? They all look pretty in pictures I chose the mid ship Capri dining room because I have a mid ship room and it seemed easiest to get to and can stop for a pre dinner cocktail at Crooners...

6 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Take a photo for the album and use the Medallion as a fridge magnet?

My husband is making a framed board with a sheet metal backing to go in my sewing room and hold all of our medallions.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, cyndyga said:

Was either dining room more preferable? They all look pretty in pictures I chose the mid ship Capri dining room because I have a mid ship room and it seemed easiest to get to and can stop for a pre dinner cocktail at Crooners...

I preferred Capri but they were both very nice. I found getting to Capri easier; we were also mid-ship.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, mammajamma2013 said:

Lovely infinity pool on Deck 17 aft. 

Came back to correct myself. The infinity pool is on deck 16. Deck 17 aft is a smoking area, very nicely set up; it includes bar service. You can stand at the back of deck 17 and look down on the infinity pool. 

If you're headed to the smoking area, the starboard side has two doors to navigate to get outside, they are both fairly heavy but not really a problem. The port side has a sliding door.

4 hours ago, shamrockace said:

Can you advise how cold you can make your stateroom?  We enjoy a cold room with the duvet but sometimes we can’t get the room cool enough. Hubby is happy if you can see your breath. Lol 

We just spent 20 days on the Enchanted Princess and my husband (who is always hot) was actually cold if the wall control was turned all the way down.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, shamrockace said:

Can you advise how cold you can make your stateroom?  We enjoy a cold room with the duvet but sometimes we can’t get the room cool enough. Hubby is happy if you can see your breath. Lol 

I dont know how cold it was but I like it cold and I was comfortable. We had the temp turned down as low as it would go the whole cruise

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 2:51 PM, shamrockace said:

Not very cool but ok with just the sheets and the lighter blanket the steward gave me

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 1:26 PM, RickSue said:

Is Gigi’s Pizza included in cruise price  or $$?   What about Salty Dog?

tyia

1 hour ago, mmsoko said:

Is Gigi’s Pizza included in cruise price  or $$?   What about Salty Dog?

tyia

Gigi's Pizza is included, Salty Dog grill on pool deck is included BUT Salty Dog Gastro Pub in the piazza is additional charge.  It was $12 but now I hear it is $18.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/11/2022 at 2:54 PM, mammajamma2013 said:

No promenade deck was really disappointing, as was no library. My e-books didn't download right and I was struck with nothing to ready until we broke down and paid for internet. The good thing was the pro-rated fee, and yes, as stated, the internet was very fast.

I thought the decore was "cold", especially in Princess Live. 

I thought navigating the ship was easy, except for trying to find the dining rooms (the mapping through the Medallion wasn't very helpful, in my opinion) and the crew was fantastic. One of my favorite places was  the jazz venue. Lovely infinity pool on Deck 17 aft. 

I keep a "scrap book" of each cruise I've completed and am grateful paper Patters are still available.I miss having a paper copy of the port maps. Customer service told me I should be able to get one when disembarking at each port but the ship's personnel told me they don't have them. The Medallion was cool to use, but they don't fit in my scrapbook like a key card does!

After the cruises, we put our medallions on our fridge!

We loved that the ship was so clean.

On 1/10/2022 at 12:23 PM, RickSue said:

I hate duvets..I always ask our cabin steward for a blanket..it's too hot underneath there for me..so, I put a regular bed blanket on my side of the bed, then I move the duvet from my side over to my wife's side- she's always cold anyway..I do this in hotels also..it works! Just get a blanket from your cabin steward...😎

Big Al