Agent Commission?

phabric

43 minutes ago, phabric said:

Do they get commission on -

EzAir - Travel

On board services

Dining

Tips

No with one exception. If you purchase Princess Plus (where tips are included), they would get a portion of that because it is now part of the cruise fare. Though it would be a very small portion.

Edited by Coral

I think my TA got commission on cruise fare, air fare, hotel package & Travel Insurance. This was back in 2019. I have booked directly with Princess since then 

I never booked a land tour with her 

6 minutes ago, dog said:

I think my TA got commission on cruise fare, air fare, hotel package & Travel Insurance. This was back in 2019. I have booked directly with Princess since then 

I never booked a land tour with her 

I can see cruise fare, land package and travel insurance. 

Unsure of hotel.

I don't think air fare - I don't think air has paid commission in a very long time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coral said:

I can see cruise fare, land package and travel insurance. 

Unsure of hotel.

I don't think air fare - I don't think air has paid commission in a very long time.

Need a real TA to answe 

I know my TA use to try and arrange with consolidator. Got more commission & better fare for me, but I asked her not to do that anymore because of cancellation penalties  

24 minutes ago, dog said:

Need a real TA to answe 

I know my TA use to try and arrange with consolidator. Got more commission & better fare for me, but I asked her not to do that anymore because of cancellation penalties  

I know my agent doesn't receive commission on Princess air. I know local travel agents charge per ticket a fee for booking air as air has not had commission in years.

Not sure about consolidator. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coral said:

I know my agent doesn't receive commission on Princess air. I know local travel agents charge per ticket a fee for booking air as air has not had commission in years.

Not sure about consolidator. 

I sure hope TA’s earn something after all this pandemic hassle for the past two years. Mine retired 

• Like 1

Travel agents have had a horrendous time during Covid.  Seriously, mine changed three different cruises for me that were all cancelled.  Typically, he offers generous discounts which come off of his commission.  I didn't have the heart to ask for one on the fourth cruise.  Basically, he did all the work for four cruises over two years and only was paid for one.  No wonder so many TAs retired.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nashna said:

Travel agents have had a horrendous time during Covid.  Seriously, mine changed three different cruises for me that were all cancelled.  Typically, he offers generous discounts which come off of his commission.  I didn't have the heart to ask for one on the fourth cruise.  Basically, he did all the work for four cruises over two years and only was paid for one.  No wonder so many TAs retired.   

Ours only cancelled one, but had done extra work on it as he helped with EZ Air even though he earns no commission on that. Way later when i discovered his firm's website (he is the President of his firm) was not working, I learned how tough things had been. He could no longer afford the website, had laid off all but one employee, and had basically gone through all his savings.

I asked for his firm's mailing address so I could send him a small check as a token of appreciation for all he had done for us in the past and the work he had done for the cancelled cruise. Although it was not all that much, I could hear the real gratitude in his voice after calling me after he received the check.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nashna said:

That was so nice of you to do.  I'm sure it made his day.

Although you did not quote me, I think you were referring to the post I made just before yours. That is what my thank you was based on.

41 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Although you did not quote me, I think you were referring to the post I made just before yours. That is what my thank you was based on.

It was your response to your TA that I was referencing.  Unfortunately, lots of small business owners did not benefit from government sponsored Covid relief.  Travel Agencies are becoming an endangered species.  I thought your gesture was very thoughtful.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nashna said:

It was your response to your TA that I was referencing.  Unfortunately, lots of small business owners did not benefit from government sponsored Covid relief.  Travel Agencies are becoming an endangered species.  I thought your gesture was very thoughtful.

Good, I won't have to take away the thank you I gave you.😊 And I think I'll give you another one.

I have given back to my current TA a good 10% of the total savings from re-fares done last Fall.  Not only was it a lot of time and effort (mostly due to Princess clogged up with poor response times), but the reduced new fares cut into an already slim commission due to the generous discounting.  I didn't mind doing it and it seemed the right thing to do to build a good relationship going got mutual benefit.  Everything going all one-way doesn't work well over time.  I like to see some Balance in the Force.

• Like 2