A Picture of the Filet on the Children’s Menu Please

helen haywood

Just now, WestLakeGirl said:

They din’t serve them that way in MDR.  They come with chips (aka French fries)

LOL....  In Blu  i asked for a Baked Potato with it and it was delirious.      Iain has ordered it with no potato and Cease on the side.

I am presently on the Silhouette & am a light eater. Therefore the children’s 4ounce filet is the perfect size for me. I don’t have a pic handy, but I have ordered it twice in the past week in the MDR with the medium rare cooking point and it has been perfect

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I ordered in Luminae about 50% of the time .  Sometimes with just a salad, others mashed potatoes or baked.  I hadn’t though of ordering French fries but will next month.  I can’t eat fish/seafood so I had struggled to find something in Luminae until I heard about the kids menu.  The Mac and cheese is also good.

Edited by jelayne
Typo

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I certainly wouldn’t have thought it would usually be accompanied by jalapeño slices on the children’s menu!  Thanks for the photo.  Looks like I could order that medium rare.  

Your right but the waiter asked if chef could add a sauce and garnish.  We always order Medium Rare and are perfectly cooked.  My understanding if you order something from MDR  or Children's menu the chefs in Luminae usually  still cook and plate. 

I had a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch one day from Kids menu. The chef made it with 3 types of cheese. It was really good.

• Thanks 1

There have been more than a few posts about AI by those that don’t drink, or use the internet (or sneak down and remove their auto-gratuities) believing they shouldn’t have to pay for all that…….if you guys are ordering kids meals, don’t you think you should get a discount for eating less??

…….just a thought

den

• Haha 3

As a somewhat picky adult eater, I also ordered the 4 oz. kids filet many times on the Constellation over Christmas/New Years. They always accommodated my request and it was actually a perfect dinner when you consider you're getting an entree plus apps/salads and desserts. I'm glad I came across the filet while looking at the menu on the app as it wasn't on the regular menu (probably because we didn't have any children with us and had no need to receive a children's menu). Bon appetit! (steak cooked medium)

IMG_5699.jpg

Edited by GatorTide
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree with the portion size.   We are not big eaters and especially when on consecutive cruises after awhile you just get tired of eating all those large meals.   At home when we have Filet we usually eat about 3-4 ounces each.  

Other times when there is a really good appetizer we order it (appetizer size) as a entree.   You really have to push the waiter as they always try to supersize it. 

• Like 1

Another reason I would like the small filet is I generally can’t eat all of a regular entree which concerns the wait staff who are afraid I didn’t like it and want to bring me something else…. 

Appreciate all the pictures.

Oh, this reminds me of the time on Carnival when I found out my DH could have a banana split from the kid’s menu for dessert…he was a very happy camper!!  I guess sometimes we need to feed our inner child! 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 39august said:

When I ordered this in Luminae what I got was certainly bigger than 4 oz. I estimated it to be about 6 oz., the size we usually have at home. Perfectly cooked as ordered. Delish. 

I ordered one in Blu on Millennium and it was definitely bigger than 4oz. Maybe they picked it from elsewhere, not sure... 

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Oh, this reminds me of the time on Carnival when I found out my DH could have a banana split from the kid’s menu for dessert…he was a very happy camper!!  I guess sometimes we need to feed our inner child! 😁

My next cruise is Celebrity, but the one a month after that is Carnival... and let's just say you made me very happy with that tidbit 😉