CONCIERGE CLASS vs Veranda pricing

LaurieHoffman

Newer to Celebrity.  Cruised once many years ago on Celebrity but mostly do Princess or Carnival as they sail from Los Angeles most often.  

Pricing a 7 night on Millennium in November 2022. 

Should a Concierge Class balcony be less than a regular balcony?
This seems strange to me.. 

I am trying to understand the different price levels and it seems concierge gives you much more than a regular balcony but the pricing now is less

Is this correct? 

4 minutes ago, DisneyHotMama said:

Newer to Celebrity.  Cruised once many years ago on Celebrity but mostly do Princess or Carnival as they sail from Los Angeles most often.  

I am trying to understand the different price levels and it seems concierge gives you much more than a regular balcony but the pricing now is less

Is this correct? 

In my experience Concierge Class is usually more expensive than a regular veranda. Depending on the sailing and availability it could be the other way around however, not likely.

8 minutes ago, DisneyHotMama said:

Is this correct? 

Grab it quick and don't think twice about it. On M Class ships like the Millennium they are larger than a regular veranda. As RBKL stated, they are usually more expensive but from what I've seen pricing is tied to availability in each specific category so price inversions do happen. Those price inversions usually don't last long.

Take a look at this link for information on the cabins. With the Millie being one of the oldest ships in Celebrity's fleet it's more than likely you'll find details on the cabin. If you're truly interested in the itinerary, I would book it. You can always change cabins later without any penalty.

• Like 1

I personally don't think the "extras" in concierge are worth anything, except for getting more CC points.  So if the price is lower than a regular veranda, I'd go with concierge simply for price and points.

• Like 3

As I say to my TA friend when I find one of these situations, Algorithms be trippin'. 

We currently have an Aqua cabin booked that was less than the veranda price the day we got it. On a British Isles cruise in 2018, we were going to put the "kids" in an inside cabin across from us, but it was cheaper to put them in a veranda next to us.

In my uneducated opinion (guess), stuff like this happens when a big TA books or blocks an unusually large number of cabins in a certain category, changing how the algorithms perceive demand. 

Or, maybe, algorithms just be trippin'. 

• Like 1

This does happen occasionally. 

As has already been said, you'll get a larger cabin on M class shipsm more CC points and a cheaper fare. You'll also find some concierge cabins have arguably better locations on the ship than regular verandahs. I'd book without hesitation in this instance. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Moby Jones said:

This does happen occasionally. 

As has already been said, you'll get a larger cabin on M class ships, more CC points and a cheaper fare. You'll also find some concierge cabins have arguably better locations on the ship than regular verandahs. I'd book without hesitation in this instance. 

Happened to me twice and I've jumped at the occasion, not for the extra points, but for the better location. The central location for me is very important.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hiccups said:

I personally don't think the "extras" in concierge are worth anything, except for getting more CC points.  So if the price is lower than a regular veranda, I'd go with concierge simply for price and points.

That may be true on the S-class ships, but as noted in comments above, on the M-class ships like the Millie, the concierge cabins are larger than regular verandas. 

• Like 1