Door Decor

eltigre

16 minutes ago, mom says said:

I've never understood the need to exhibit decorations on cabin doors,. This is not your home. Do these same people do this on hotel doors?

People in hotels don't do roll calls either.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, rbelshaw said:

I felt the same way (but then I am admittedly an old grouch) until my neighbors hung balloons outside their door. Made it so much easier to decide down which hallway I needed to crawl.

I don't find it fun or relaxing to get so drunk I don't have a clue where I'm supposed to go. I don't mind drinking a bit, but not to the point of "Where am I?" or going to the wrong room/not knowing what deck to get off on.

Maybe that's just me though.

• Like 1

Last April on Apex, one of the couples on our FB roll call got their door decorated - someone kept putting an upside down pineapple sticker on their room number (I know they took it down at least once and it kept reappearing)!!!  They were VERY confused by it, why it was there, and who was doing it.  It certainly added some levity to the group discussions on Facebook during the cruise, though!  

Other than that I didn't see any door decorations that week.

• Haha 2

On 10/3/2022 at 4:32 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I don't find it fun or relaxing to get so drunk I don't have a clue where I'm supposed to go. I don't mind drinking a bit, but not to the point of "Where am I?" or going to the wrong room/not knowing what deck to get off on.

Maybe that's just me though.

Aren't you the responsible one. Good for you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 1/22/2022 at 7:54 PM, miched said:

We were on the Constellation and Summit back in Nov and Dec.   The walls  in the SS on those ships aren’t magnetic.   The outside door is on the outside but not on the inside.   There is a magnetic sign for do not disturb.  It works on the outside of the door but not on the inside.    There isn’t any place to stick it to.   On the Summit there were 2 metal shadow type  magazine racks that it could be attached.  It was over the desk. 

I know that the E and S class have metallic walls because we have used magnets there. 

The boxes are shown in the photo and you can see the magnetic sign in the top box.   This is the Summit after Kelly IKEAnized it 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

A352F72E-1F0D-4DC9-B388-98DAF8112EC4.jpeg

Anyone know if the walls are magnetic on the Equinox, I thought in one of the YouTube videos the person showed using magnets.  Before I order a bunch it would be nice to know.

Yes the doors are magnetic, so go for it!

Love getting my "Door Decor Poster" ready as well as my "Ducks" in a row.Plus I never forget to bring Hodophile Harry.  These are a few of my favourite things...(:

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

IMG_2306.JPG

Edited by eltigre
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Dar & Bob said:

Anyone know if the walls are magnetic on the Equinox, I thought in one of the YouTube videos the person showed using magnets.  Before I order a bunch it would be nice to know.

Yes we always bring heavy duty hooks for hanging clothes to dry, hats, bags, etc. Equinox has two small knobs on the wall, so the extra hooks came in handy for lighter items.  

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 5:08 PM, Dar & Bob said:

Yes, the cabin walls on Equinox and her sisters are magnetic.  Here are 3 photos of the magnets we put to use on the walls in our Solstice cabin.

image.thumb.jpeg.7b1f6088643ca5e5b09394194735db33.jpeg

IMG_1642.thumb.jpg.bb22c9df105f4aea701d1e45f0e2ed52.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.961ae52044931384035df08037247fe3.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...