Weather Concerns

11 hours ago, asalligo said:

The storm is scheduled to start at literally 11pm Friday night. I would leave as early as I could muster and get as far south as I could as fast as I could. Can we stop to pee? Here is a bottle and a funnel! 

Probably better to go west and get away from the coast then drive south. Or find an unaffected airport to the west even if a few hours drive and fly from there. Airlines are flexible in these situations

• Like 2

I would not jump through hoops now with the risk of quarantine. Take advantage of the CWC and cancel 48 hrs before. Use it to your benefit and stop stressing.  Too cold here right now in Florida and  even lower temperatures this weekend.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, coaster said:

I would not jump through hoops now with the risk of quarantine. Take advantage of the CWC and cancel 48 hrs before. Use it to your benefit and stop stressing.  Too cold here right now in Florida and  even lower temperatures this weekend.

if it was a lift and shift, we probably would cancel and take the FCC. but the price we got on this suite was a STEAL.. and we wouldn't even be able to book a Jr. Suite with the FCC if we moved it. I think we'll be ok... and with a temp of 12 out right now, i'll be thrilled with 60 degrees!

• Like 1

I have to laugh at the water temperatures not being high enough in the Bahamas. If you are used to New England beaches, you will be fine. I've been there a bunch of time in the winter and overheard people complaining about it and always thought it was like bathwater. Just like how 50 degrees feels like a balmy spring day when it's 7 degrees where you are located.

Really wish you luck in your travels OP. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

i'll let you know how it turns out!🤣

I feel your concern.  We are on the 1/30 as well in the NJ/NYC area.  So on top of Passing the Covid test, now we have to deal with weather.  We are making back up plans to leave out of PHL.  Can you make back up plans to leave out of BDL? 

1 minute ago, BennyBrun said:

I feel your concern.  We are on the 1/30 as well in the NJ/NYC area.  So on top of Passing the Covid test, now we have to deal with weather.  We are making back up plans to leave out of PHL.  Can you make back up plans to leave out of BDL? 

we just changed our flights again... friday night.. through charlotte. i spoke to work and was able to get off... we've been joking, the weather has been so distracting, we've barely had time to think about passing the covid test. but we both get tested at work often, so we should be ok on that front.  hope to see you on the ship!

• Like 20

Just now, cruisetorelax44 said:

we just changed our flights again... friday night.. through charlotte. i spoke to work and was able to get off... we've been joking, the weather has been so distracting, we've barely had time to think about passing the covid test. but we both get tested at work often, so we should be ok on that front.  hope to see you on the ship!

Good for you !!  But keep your eyes on the weather because Charlotte is in that zone of uncertainty!!!!  Yes let’s cross everything 😝… all the stars have to align again to make it on this cruise!!!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Good for you !!  But keep your eyes on the weather because Charlotte is in that zone of uncertainty!!!!  Yes let’s cross everything 😝… all the stars have to align again to make it on this cruise!!!  

we figure.. we land at charlotte at 930p.  worse comes to worse.. we spend the night in the airport, and figure out how to get to miami sometime on saturday. half the drive than it would be from boston if it comes to that...

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

we figure.. we land at charlotte at 930p.  worse comes to worse.. we spend the night in the airport, and figure out how to get to miami sometime on saturday. half the drive than it would be from boston if it comes to that...

Now that is a determined cruiser!!!!  Bravo 👏 

14 minutes ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

Aw, c'mon.  You just changed the odds  😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Friday Night in Charlotte, 41 degrees and raining at 9pm

12 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

I have to laugh at the water temperatures not being high enough in the Bahamas. If you are used to New England beaches, you will be fine. I've been there a bunch of time in the winter and overheard people complaining about it and always thought it was like bathwater. Just like how 50 degrees feels like a balmy spring day when it's 7 degrees where you are located.

Really wish you luck in your travels OP. 

So right.

The water temperature at Coco Cay is (and is expected to remain) at 76 degrees today (it's now 72 at Fort Lauderdale).  The air temperature on Monday may be a bit less, but with comparably high humidity (and ground cover that is literally heated).

The warmest water along the southern Maine coast is in August with an average of 65 degrees (prior and subsequent months not so good).

One would imagine that being at Coco Cay on Monday and touching base online with the weathered experience back home will put a smile on their faces.

🙂

Also glad to see they changed their flight to Friday night.  Good move.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

WHAT?  Your on the Oasis next?  Yeah.

Your Apex thread was awesome to read several times per day.  Haven't been on the Edge Class (various reasons) and really rekindled our interest.

Very familiar with Oasis and Allure from a half a dozen B2B cruise when new.  Looking forward to memories.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, At Sea At Peace said:

WHAT?  Your on the Oasis next?  Yeah.

Your Apex thread was awesome to read several times per day.  Haven't been on the Edge Class (various reasons) and really rekindled our interest.

Very familiar with Oasis and Allure from a half a dozen B2B cruise when new.  Looking forward to memories.

That’s if all the stars align lol… test then the weather then the airline reactions to the weather.  Hopefully will be on the 1/30 doing a B2B in two different types of room.

Thank you for coming along and get ready (fingers crossed) for another photo journey on the Oasis!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

Please keep all of us in the loop.  Good luck!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, cruisetorelax44 said:

We're all rootin for ya! Gonna make that cruise so much more deserved when you get there! That first drink will reeeaalll nice!🥂

• Like 2

On 1/25/2022 at 2:43 PM, Ptroxx said:

I’d either take the day off. Or call in to get out Thursday night.  Hate to miss my trip. 
I fly into North Carolina Friday night too so hope doesn’t effect my flight.   

This is what I would have done.

Booked out early Friday morning and take the extra day off.

On 1/26/2022 at 8:51 PM, cruisetorelax44 said:

You should be ok.  They are calling for it to change from rain to snow around 9/10, here in Charlotte,  so at that point it probably won't be too bad for your connecting flight to get out.  If you end up having to drive it's probably around 11 hours.  Wishing you lots of luck!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

Pack some warm clothes .....

image.thumb.png.640ea199cf2dd81fb44d7f2fd0763c9b.png

Some people say Covid, the JFK assassination, or that we never made it to the moon are the biggest conspiracy theories ever.

I'm not sure how it would work, but I think "wind chill temperature" is even bigger.   Maybe the biggest of all.  Well, other than my favorite conspiracy theory....that Stevie Wonder isn't really blind.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Some people say Covid, the JFK assassination, or that we never made it to the moon are the biggest conspiracy theories ever.

I'm not sure how it would work, but I think "wind chill temperature" is even bigger.   Maybe the biggest of all.  Well, other than my favorite conspiracy theory....that Stevie Wonder isn't really blind.

Here is the  "actual" temp forecast then.......not much change than the wind chill forecast 😉

image.thumb.png.b3d4799afccb1b884d413ad6e61d84fd.png

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1