Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

58 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

You did really good.  👍

I used to 'attempt' to do the Flow Rider on the board and the only one in the grandstand laughing loudly and unabashed and filming was my wife.  😲

Then I anticipated revenge on the iFly (she wouldn't do Flow Rider at all).  She doesn't work out, have any tone, etc. and didn't even want to do it.  Said she had been having bad dreams about it for weeks.  Then, she was picked first, was calm, collected and aired balanced, beautiful and long.  🙁

I did awful.  Too tense.  Bounced around in there like an popcorn in an air popper.  🤕  Got better as we did it over and over as there were no lines at all.

That's the cool thing about trying different things, especially out of your comfort zone. Making a fool of yourself or the blunders makes for better memories, IMO.  Even if it is at your own expenses. 🤣If I can make others laugh, cool. Ya gotta be able to laugh at yourself along with others. Speaking from many experiences. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, island lady said:

Bucky and I are back logged two blocks already (not to mention the "pointy" one as well).  Indeed Alan finally told me they are sending them to you now.  What fun...they are on back order and are taking 5-6 months!  😮 

Apparently gone are the days when you got your block on board.  😞 

I was overlooked in May 2109 and so while on Anthem in Nov, I went to the C&A desk and they sent an email to Miami.  Within 6 weeks I got my Ovation crystal so that makes me the proud owner of my first.

I will monitor my points so that I can aim for a specific ship.

Yes ALL crystals are being mailed from Miami which is good.

• Like 1

Even though we don't cruise until November, I am so looking forward to the bumper cars.  It has been years since I have been on one.  IFly now that scares me.  John have your done the Northstar yet?   Is it a solid floor or glass?  I do have a fear of heights but really really want to do it.

On 1/29/2022 at 2:26 PM, island lady said:

Thanks!  We are here...crazy traffic an hour out from Ft. Lauderdale, to be expected.  But no traffic jams.  On board just after 11:30, nice lunch in CK.  🙂   Got all my dining reservations made, now need to make show reservations...can't seem to do it on the frustrating "app".   😣

Nice JS (4) forward cabin on the aft hump, great view down the sides of the ship.  No full suite this time, when I booked...the full suites had been sold out for months.  The "Royal UP" was a failure, and I am happy to keep this for both legs...not going to ask for upgrade at GS. 

We have a JS 9640 on the Odyssey TA in April.  As we are only Diamond, curious what JS experience is in obtaining CK dinner reservations at 8 pm or so.  First time Suite.  

6 minutes ago, cindyscruise said:

Even though we don't cruise until November, I am so looking forward to the bumper cars.  It has been years since I have been on one.  IFly now that scares me.  John have your done the Northstar yet?   Is it a solid floor or glass?  I do have a fear of heights but really really want to do it.

I haven't been on North Star yet, but from the photos I see online, it appears the floor is solid, and some of the lower sides of the pod is not glass either. Maybe try to do it in port, as the pod only goes up and down then, not over the side of the ship like it does on sea days? (I got that info from twangster on CC, and he's done it several times.)

19 minutes ago, cindyscruise said:

Totally awesome experience.  I think you would enjoy it.

It has solid floors.  

We have done this on Quantum and Anthem several years back.  To me the best

time to do it it's at sea.  So cool looking at the open sea.

Edited by LATTELOVE
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We are still waiting for ours. They were supposed to be available and shipped by December. Our cruises were in October. Hope John doesn’t have to wait on theirs.

Mine was in August and I still do not have mine 😞 

Edited by JessyCruises
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, TwinMamainMN said:

I haven't been on North Star yet, but from the photos I see online, it appears the floor is solid, and some of the lower sides of the pod is not glass either. Maybe try to do it in port, as the pod only goes up and down then, not over the side of the ship like it does on sea days? (I got that info from twangster on CC, and he's done it several times.)

You can see a little bit of the floor in this picture, taken while in port in Bermuda in April 2019. It’s definitely solid. I have more pictures from our Quantum sailing in 2014, but there were just to many people in them to post. We sailed on Anthem this past November (2021), but didn’t get a chance to ride it. It’s very smooth, going up, down and side to side. Stand in the center until you feel comfortable, then move to the windows. 

It really is a unique experience. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LATTELOVE said:

I know, Royal Caribbean's website says 2 days in advance.  That's what got me

nervous with CVS PCR test, It says it could take up to 3 days for results back.

But we found a local clinic that can do it with  the 24 hours results back, I would have

to wait 4 days before the cruise to book the appointment.  Fingers crossed for this one.

Was there a cost associated with it?  CVS says $139 per person

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

This is in the SL, they may have a similar on in DL, I haven't visited yet. Obviously need to be at least Diamond in C&A to use DL

This one was very nice.  JS and higher have a Lavazo espresso machine in room. Made a decent lungo yesterday

20220130_091455.thumb.jpg.63b4c8f85dc6f94c5ce7e2d8bc538203.jpg

20220130_091444.thumb.jpg.bbd380b2320c379eb22771da7d61b923.jpg

Loved the one in our suite on Oasis. I was able to have a cup before dressing. I am not as brave as CLR, so can’t casually saunter around the ship in the robe. 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gfkcruiser said:

We have a JS 9640 on the Odyssey TA in April.  As we are only Diamond, curious what JS experience is in obtaining CK dinner reservations at 8 pm or so.  First time Suite.  

Not sure.  They took us as Pinnacles...but also in a JS.   No idea which was which.  😉 

I just saw a wonderland video from Odyssey, and saw they added back a mad hatter- our very favorite cruise member ever!  If any of you onboard go, and catch his name, can you tell me?  While he always remembers us, and where we are from (he literally greatest us last time “hello my friends from Mn”), we ALWAYS forget his name… which i feel bad about it, but alas, I’m bad with names 😞

• Like 3

Wow!!!   We had fun watching the I-Fly groups waiting until John and Laura's turn.  Then...here they come up the stairs.  Laura had no fear at all...she was a natural!   John liked to do stunt tricks...all the while with &#@% eating smile on his face.   We were their cheering squad!  😄 

Tossing off lines now, had to wait on a 30 some group to board late (tour?).   Enjoying wine on the balcony, Giovanni's for dinner tonight!

• Like 9
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

So… just curious how crowded the shows are?  We are on the next sailing.  Out of an “abundance of caution”, we had planned on skipping, but your reviews made them sound so awesome!!!  

You are sailing before us? We leave the 26th. We're not skipping the shows. I've heard so many good things about them!

• Like 1