Washing Station Outside Oceanview on S Class?

helen haywood

34 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I know the Summit (M class) does. I believe all the S&M class ships that have been revolutionized got that feature. 

But do people use them?  Even on Edge they were not popular.

9 minutes ago, Oville said:

I can only speak for my wife and myself. We did the one time we ate in the OC. Brought our 'burgers in from the pool grill. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

I can only speak for my wife and myself. We did the one time we ate in the OC. Brought our 'burgers in from the pool grill. 

We used them too but not a lot around us.  Thanks for your reply.

We were on the Silhouette in December.  Alas, no hand washing stations outside the buffet.  Would that there were! 

When we were on the Summit in September 2019, I was really happy to see that such stations had been added as part of the "revolution."  Even before the pandemic, I was Lady Macbeth when it came to handwashing, and it was disappointing to see these beautiful new stations mostly going unused.  I hope that's not the case now (and not just because of covid).

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQZnyLNrbb6Mk91Qr9E3AmEV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1569505448

(photo by turtles06)

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dateacher said:

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like the bathroom is in the dining room?

It doesn't.  You need to see the whole thing.  The sinks are off to the side at the entrance.  (One set on each side.)  In fact, given where they are located, they are too easy to just walk past; I found it a shame that the crew at the entrance weren't directing people to them.

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Oville said:

On both our Edge and Summit sailings, crew was stationed at the entrances and asked passengers to please wash their hands before going to the buffet.  We didn't see anyone not comply.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hiccups said:

On both our Edge and Summit sailings, crew was stationed at the entrances and asked passengers to please wash their hands before going to the buffet.  We didn't see anyone not comply.

Good to hear, thanks.

2 hours ago, dateacher said:

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like the bathroom is in the dining room?

Could be. Most have seen sinks outside BRs and use them after touching railings, elevator buttons and so on, on the way to dine   And they are located at the entry of the dining areas of Oceanview. 

But I assume you really know all that. 

den

12 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I’ve only sailed Edge since the covid break.  Of course that class has washing stations outside the Oceanview Buffet.  I wondered if any of the S Class ships added such a feature.

There are bathrooms at the entrance to the Oceanview on S-class ships..  We use them to wash our hands with soap and warm water before entering the buffet.  Loved the cloth hand towels in there.  I noted that most people who used that facility did so just for hand washing.

• Like 1