Passenger capacity

Haven’t been on a Radiance Class since the restart, but I can tell you the Freedom sailing I’m about to get off of in the next few minutes (1/28 sailing) was 2330 

…from the feedback I’ve got from crew around the ship, they are still not going above 50%, that they know of anyway…

have a great cruise!

My Jan sailing on Anthem was just under 40% due to lots of last minute cancellations.     was scheduled to have under 50%.     

I am hoping our March b2b will remain at reduced capacity around 50% as it was really nice having no lines for anything and WJ for breakfast and lunch was relaxing and peaceful.      Seating in the theaters was definitely socially distanced due to a lot less people.   

Let's hope they don't overbook like they did for the holiday weeks and ended up with quite a mess and omicron and crew shortages, etc.        

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Let's hope they don't overbook like they did for the holiday weeks and ended up with quite a mess and omicron and crew shortages, etc.        

Overbooking is far from being an issue...they're almost giving cruises away and still not sustaining 50% onboard.

7 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Overbooking is far from being an issue...they're almost giving cruises away and still not sustaining 50% onboard.

Just about all cabins/categories on our march sailings have been marked as sold out since december.  Same for our may sailing, last I looked only has 3 non interior cabins left for sale.  

No idea what capacity they have them booked at but I'm hoping at least march is still around 50%.

• Like 2

Well, we're on a b2b in Apr on EN.  The first cruise is a 12 night and the second is an 8.  We received an offer for a RoyalUP for the second cruise, but not the first.  "Capacity" depends on the itinerary and the 12 night out of Baltimore has always been very popular.   So, the lack of RoyalUp tells me they are selling some out at higher rates than others.  What we don't know is what their current ceiling is or when it will change.  The original plan was to be back at 100% this year.   We enjoyed our HOTS b2b in Nov/Dec.  First week we were prob around 40%, second around 60%.  The difference between the two weeks was very noticeable.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

That was C&A numbers, not total passengers. 

My bad...thank you. (I previously thought everybody had 'some kind of C&A status'...always thought that was part of the marketing ploy).  Learned something new.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

I previously thought everybody had 'some kind of C&A status'...always thought that was part of the marketing ploy

Pre-Gold (first timer) was something introduced a few years ago, but RCI wouldn’t report that at the C&A event. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Pre-Gold (first timer) was something introduced a few years ago, but RCI wouldn’t report that at the C&A event. 

What exactly is pre-gold - just a first time cruiser? Never heard of it.  In that case, unless there were those repeat cruisers who never bothered to sign up to join C & A, everyone on board would be recognized!

Tier recognition is not awarded until after one completes a cruise of at least a 3-day minimum and has signed up with C & A.  And that would be Gold.

10 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

What exactly is pre-gold - just a first time cruiser? Never heard of it.  In that case, unless there were those repeat cruisers who never bothered to sign up to join C & A, everyone on board would be recognized!

Tier recognition is not awarded until after one completes a cruise of at least a 3-day minimum and has signed up with C & A.  And that would be Gold.

I thought C&A numbers were automatically assigned.

1 minute ago, leaveitallbehind said:

OK I get that, but the tier level and actually being Gold is not recognized until after you complete the cruise.  So pre-Gold has no real meaning - or C & A value.

The poster I replied to mentioned “marketing ploy”.