Questions re Diamond onboard benefits

DJTowls

Hi,

We are Diamond members sailing on Anthem out of Southampton in June. I had a couple of questions re onboard benefits:

• I’ve read on the RCI website that the nightly happy hour is now 4 drinks vouchers loaded on to your seapass (value up to $13). Also read that you can use the vouchers at any time ( very happy about that) and at most venues. Does anyone know if this includes the dining room in the evening (not mentioned in the RCI communication - unlike Bionic Bar which is excluded)?
  • Am also currently deciding whether to go for the voom package. Still feels expensive particularly given we will have our mobile phones in port (data and calls in Spain and France included on our mobile contract). Are free minutes still available for C&A members onboard?

Hoping someone who has been on board recently will be able to help!

Yes, you can use the vouchers with dinner in the MDR. Just be sure to tell the server that you want them to charge that way, especially if you are using them for cheaper drinks.

Re internet, you get one free 24-hour period of surf (the slower one) internet per Diamond member. You choose when you want to use it. Alternatively, you can use it as a discount towards a package purchased on board. Usually if want a full voyage package it will still be cheaper to purchase in advance on the cruise planner (wait for a sale - I got the faster one at $13.89 per day for my upcoming cruise on Anthem in September).

1 hour ago, DJTowls said:

Hi,

We are Diamond members sailing on Anthem out of Southampton in June. I had a couple of questions re onboard benefits:

• I’ve read on the RCI website that the nightly happy hour is now 4 drinks vouchers loaded on to your seapass (value up to $13). Also read that you can use the vouchers at any time ( very happy about that) and at most venues. Does anyone know if this includes the dining room in the evening (not mentioned in the RCI communication - unlike Bionic Bar which is excluded)?
  • Am also currently deciding whether to go for the voom package. Still feels expensive particularly given we will have our mobile phones in port (data and calls in Spain and France included on our mobile contract). Are free minutes still available for C&A members onboard?

Hoping someone who has been on board recently will be able to help!

re the internet, if you have the 2 sea days, use the 24hr one minutes for 1 day for both of you (of course not at the same time) and the same scenario for the 2nd sea day.  This is if you really want to avoid buying the package.  We have to get the package for work so this wouldn't work for us but may work for you especially if you have the data plan.

Thanks all. We have 2 sea days so will use the 24 hours free internet then. Great news about the drinks in the dining room. Just need to have a few $13 cocktails to get full value for money 😉

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Krazcruiser said:

Just remember to use both sea passes when ordering your drinks, this way it's easier to keep track of them, also tips are not included with the drink vouchers, enjoy

Some bars didnt want our sea passes they would ask cabin number and which guest to apply the voucher.  They didnt care if I got a drink using my husband's voucher.  Of course I tip so that may help.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Some bars didnt want our sea passes they would ask cabin number and which guest to apply the voucher.  They didnt care if I got a drink using my husband's voucher.  Of course I tip so that may help.

Did you tell your husband though?? 😂

• Haha 1

Wondering if anyone knows more about the Diamond Lounge, is it similar to Celebrity Retreat Lounge (can you grab waters and pop here, what else is offered in the lounge?)

Also, I read that there is "Welcome Waters & Snack + Beverage Selection" left in your room, is this everyday or only on embarkation, just trying to figure out if we need our water package if we get water with Diamond status.

My husband will be Diamond for the first time in March, I will still be Platinum. TIA! 

18 minutes ago, Shlee2TheSea said:

Wondering if anyone knows more about the Diamond Lounge, is it similar to Celebrity Retreat Lounge (can you grab waters and pop here, what else is offered in the lounge?)

Also, I read that there is "Welcome Waters & Snack + Beverage Selection" left in your room, is this everyday or only on embarkation, just trying to figure out if we need our water package if we get water with Diamond status.

My husband will be Diamond for the first time in March, I will still be Platinum. TIA! 

Re sodas and waters in lounge, in my limited 3 sailings experience as a diamond, on both the Adventure and the Grandeur, we were able to get soda during the concierge hours at the Diamond vlub as complimentary.  We didn't show our cards at all nor were they asked for.  

Regarding the welcome drinks, we were given 2 bottles of water, a plate of cookies and 2 sodas day one only.  What we did for water was bring our water bottles to the Windjammer at breakfast and pour the water with ice in them at our table.  This is all post covid.  

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Shlee2TheSea said:

If your husband is Diamond,  you should share his status.  Call C& A and have them fix this.

Sherri🙂

Yes, ask them to link your accounts.

That way you will get his Diamond status.  And you keep that even if you split up. 😄

You would just revert to your actual earned points.

I made Diamond on my last cruise, just before COVID.  My GF is some 30 points behind me, but she is also now Diamond.

39 minutes ago, SRF said:

Yes, ask them to link your accounts.

That way you will get his Diamond status.  And you keep that even if you split up. 😄

You would just revert to your actual earned points.

I made Diamond on my last cruise, just before COVID.  My GF is some 30 points behind me, but she is also now Diamond.

I had thought our accounts were linked already, but I will check on this thanks! 

If you are not Diamond and he is, your accounts are not linked.

I am not sure if you can call or he has to, but it is a quick call to the C&A desk.  Just have both numbers handy.

I think that both have to have the same mailing address.

Just now, Shlee2TheSea said:

I had thought our accounts were linked already, but I will check on this thanks! 

Not for the cruise, but for crown and anchor in general.  

They must not be because you would be diamond if so.  That jump is a big one for benefits, so make sure they get it situated.  Also, if on the phone get your preferences set for your welcome aboard gifts.  

On 2/2/2022 at 9:43 AM, topnole said:

Not for the cruise, but for crown and anchor in general.  

They must not be because you would be diamond if so.  That jump is a big one for benefits, so make sure they get it situated.  Also, if on the phone get your preferences set for your welcome aboard gifts.  

Thanks everyone! I waited on hold forever but they said that our account were already linked, but then were puzzled to why I wasnt also Diamond (moved up bc of my husband) so it took a while but they fixed it for RCL & Celebrity (**Elite/Diamond Dance**) WOO HOO! 

Forgot to ask about the welcome gift🙄 will call back later and wait for 2 hours lol.

• Like 1

Question about 4 drink vouchers for Diamond members.  In the past, the drinks in the Diamond lounge from 5 to 8 pm did not count against the three that we got.  Is that still true?  Or do any drinks gotten in the Diamond lounge count against the 4 drink vouchers?

1 minute ago, wardwlw said:

Question about 4 drink vouchers for Diamond members.  In the past, the drinks in the Diamond lounge from 5 to 8 pm did not count against the three that we got.  Is that still true?  Or do any drinks gotten in the Diamond lounge count against the 4 drink vouchers?

They count now.

On 2/2/2022 at 5:20 AM, Shlee2TheSea said:

The DL is not like the RL. 

Just now, JHU said:

crown and anchor told me yesterday that DL drinks don't require use of the sea pass cards.  ??

According to those that have been on and currently on a cruise, your allotted drinks loaded on your Seapass card are subtracted even in the DL. 

• Like 1