Navigator App Updates

ShipWalker

29 minutes ago, Dutchman48 said:

Must be doing something wrong. Showed Version 4.17, removed and reinstalled from play store and still 4.17 Is there simple way to upgrade that i am missing

It appears that iPhones and Android devices have different versions of Navigator (4.21 for iPhone and 4.17 for Android)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I haven't checked it on my Android phone but use my iPad mini for the bigger screen when at home and have been noodling around successfully with Navigator version 4.15.1

DH is better about updates (slightly newer iPad mini) and since updating to version 4.21.0 he can login and see the trip - but all of the dinner reservations and shorex (that I can see on my version) are not there.

Now I'm not concerned because his name appears on my Navigator for the excursions and my dinner reservations are for 2 but of course he's a little put out that it's mucked up how his copy works...

We're still a few weeks out from sailing but would like to sort this before boarding.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 4.23.0 is now available for Iphones.

The Google play store says there is also an update (3/7/2023) but I cannot verify at this time.

To find your current version press "Experiences" in the center bottom banner with the ship and then press "about".

Currently my Android (Samsung) phone is showing version 4.15

I went to the Play Store and when I look for the Navigator App it tells me 'this App won't work for your device'. I am currently at Android version 8 on a 7 year old Samsung S7 edge.  

If the latest updates for Navigator will only work on newer versions of Android, then HAL will continue to have problems with Navigator functionality for users.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

I am currently at Android version 8 on a 7 year old Samsung S7 edge.  

If the latest updates for Navigator will only work on newer versions of Android, then HAL will continue to have problems with Navigator functionality for users.

Unfortunately this is standard for most Apps. I recall about three years ago my mobile couldn't work the Princess App and as my phone was getting old anyway I bought a new one. At the time I think you had to have Android 7 or above. Seems a bit unfair when your phone works perfectly as a phone but that is the way it is I'm afraid. I learnt years ago there's just some battles I will not win.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Currently my Android (Samsung) phone is showing version 4.15

I went to the Play Store and when I look for the Navigator App it tells me 'this App won't work for your device'. I am currently at Android version 8 on a 7 year old Samsung S7 edge.  

DW had almost the same phone as you, S6. Last year she started getting the "this app won't work" messages when trying to update her favorite apps.

Last month the newest models (S23) came out with a price drop of the prior model. She bought a new phone and all is well again.

9 hours ago, triiip42 said:

Updated my android phone earlier today to version 4.23.0...

Also update to 4.23.0 and now it open briefly and then closes/crashes.  Deleted and reinstalled with no help.  We board Saturday 3-11 hope it is working by then.

Edited by Earplug

7 minutes ago, Earplug said:

Also update to 4.23.0 and now it open briefly and then closes/crashes.  Deleted and reinstalled with no help.  We board Saturday 3-11 hope it is working by then.

Same here. Currently on ship, updated tablet to 4.23.0 where it now crashes. Writing this on phone which still runs on 4.17.

Edited by boeckli

15 minutes ago, Earplug said:

I have the same issue on my Galaxy 7 Tablet, it opens crashes and says there is a bug and to comeback after the bug is fixed. Works fine on my S22 Samsung phone.

23 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I just downloaded the 4.23 update on my Iphone 8 (definitely not a phone fanatic lol) and other than having to sign in again it's working fine.  No bugs as far as I can see.

It is an Android problem not Iphone.

Edited by Earplug

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I have the same issue on my Galaxy 7 Tablet, it opens crashes and says there is a bug and to comeback after the bug is fixed. Works fine on my S22 Samsung phone.

I have a Galaxy S22 as well, running 4.17.0. Are you saying that 4.23 is working fine on your S22? Currently I'm reluctant to update to 4.23 after reading these reports of 'crashes' after the update.

10 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

I have a Galaxy S22 as well, running 4.17.0. Are you saying that 4.23 is working fine on your S22? Currently I'm reluctant to update to 4.23 after reading these reports of 'crashes' after the update.

Yes it works fine on my S22 phone, but it crashes on my S7 Tablet.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Works fine on my S22 Ultra also!

42 minutes ago, ShipWalker said:

Now would be a good time for all android users to send an email to this address. Maybe several.

navigator.support@HollandAmerica.com

Just emailed them.. I guess we'll see, but now I don't have a working app and my cruise leaves very soon. 😕

9 hours ago, boeckli said:

Same here. Currently on ship, updated tablet to 4.23.0 where it now crashes. Writing this on phone which still runs on 4.17.

Are you able to go to the front desk and inquire as to what's going on with the update for Android devices and report back what they tell you?