Connecting balcony and adding additional person

cruiserjt

We have two balconies booked on deck 12 (Anthem) this April - my husband and two daughters split between.  We are considering adding a third guest (a friend of the girls) to the booking and I am unable to find an answer about room capacity. I totally understand about life boat capacity as a limiting factor and know that I will likely have to re-price the room for three (hoping that doesn't lose the beverage packages pricing).  However, on the deck plans - there is a code for a room that holds three (small triangle) yet none of the rooms have that code (there are stars to denote capacity of 4) and all balconies have the couch which would accommodate a third person.  I called and left a message to our TA to inquire about the possibility but would like to know if anyone has had any experience with this or has some wisdom to share.

Are you saying that neither of the two staterooms you booked has a star?

I agree with smplybcause that if there is no "star" in either of the booked staterooms you probably can't.

Try doing a fake booking and see if you can find two rooms next to each other that can accommodate 3 passengers.

At this late date finding connecting rooms is probably a no go.

9 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Are you saying that neither of the two staterooms you booked has a star?

The star denotes a 4 person room and the triangle a 3 person. we are in 12886 & 12888  It just seems strange that there are none with the triangle.  A fake booking gives me a * room.  Not the end of the world - just asking the experts.

image.png.b5126e5769086b48155c6fef0aeaac62.png

image.png.d0bc8865428a9e2443d485817230acdc.png

3 hours ago, cruiserjt said:

We have two balconies booked on deck 12 (Anthem) this April - my husband and two daughters split between.  We are considering adding a third guest (a friend of the girls) to the booking and I am unable to find an answer about room capacity. I totally understand about life boat capacity as a limiting factor and know that I will likely have to re-price the room for three (hoping that doesn't lose the beverage packages pricing).  However, on the deck plans - there is a code for a room that holds three (small triangle) yet none of the rooms have that code (there are stars to denote capacity of 4) and all balconies have the couch which would accommodate a third person.  I called and left a message to our TA to inquire about the possibility but would like to know if anyone has had any experience with this or has some wisdom to share.

Since you booked it with 2 in each room that tells me that you booked category CB, connecting balcony and those cabins only hold 2 per room.  To add a third you will need to find balconies that connect like a 3D and a 4D.  Both bookings will be repriced. FYI odd numbered categories hold more than 2 guests and even numbered categories only hold 2 guests. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

13 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Since you booked it with 2 in each room that tells me that you booked category CB, connecting balcony and those cabins only hold 2 per room.  To add a third you will need to find balconies that connect like a 3D and a 4D.  Both bookings will be repriced. FYI odd numbered categories hold more than 2 guests and even numbered categories only hold 2 guests

???

😄 

Edited by SRF

16 minutes ago, SRF said:

???

😄

For example, my husband and I always book a 2D or 4D balcony, the even numbers designate the room holds 2 people. For a junior suite, we book a J4. The J3 junior suite holds more than 2 people. Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

Just now, sandebeach said:

For example, my husband and I always book a 2D or 4D balcony, the even numbers designate the room holds 2 people. For a junior suite, we book a J4. The J3 junior suite holds more than 2 people. Hope that helps. 

MY POINT WAS, he stated for them to look for a 3D OR 4D for 3 people, then states that even numbers are for 2 people only.

1 minute ago, SRF said:

MY POINT WAS, he stated for them to look for a 3D OR 4D for 3 people, then states that even numbers are for 2 people only.

I believe they want to extend from a party of four, to a party of five. So they will need a 3D for 3 people and a 4D for 2 people, if I understand correctly. 

• Like 1

Just now, sandebeach said:

I believe they want to extend from a party of four, to a party of five. So they will need a 3D for 3 people and a 4D for 2 people, if I understand correctly. 

You still are NOT GETTING IT.

I was poking fun at the poster (who is a TA BTW) that he said they should look at a 3D or 4D for booking more than 2 people, then points out that even numbers (4 is EVEN) are for 2 only.

I know he knows better and just slipped up.

Try reading the post I referred to again. 

1 minute ago, SRF said:

I was poking fun at the poster (who is a TA BTW) that he said they should look at a 3D or 4D for booking more than 2 people, then points out that even numbers (4 is EVEN) are for 2 only.

Perhaps the post was changed. I do not see an OR.   

4 hours ago, SRF said:

They said look for a 3D AND a 4D. One would hold two, the other would hold three

• Like 2

21 hours ago, cruiserjt said:

However, on the deck plans - there is a code for a room that holds three (small triangle) yet none of the rooms have that code (there are stars to denote capacity of 4) and all balconies have the couch which would accommodate a third person.  

The balconies with couches that convert to sofa beds hold 2 people (though perhaps not very comfortably for two full size people, but that is a different issue).  Therefore, those cabins are rated for four passengers.  The balconies without sofa beds are rated for two passengers.  Hence the presence of stars yet lack of triangle symbols on the deck plan posted.

As both staterooms would have to be re-priced, it will likely add substantially to the cost to bring the extra child along.

29 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

As both staterooms would have to be re-priced, it will likely add substantially to the cost to bring the extra child along.

Just curious because I think I missed something.  I understand why the cabin that goes from 2 to 3 has to be repriced however, why does the cabin with 2 people have to be repriced if it stays in the same category?

13 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Just curious because I think I missed something.  I understand why the cabin that goes from 2 to 3 has to be repriced however, why does the cabin with 2 people have to be repriced if it stays in the same category?

I was assuming they still want connecting cabins.  If so, the cabins for two that connect to the * cabins appear to be in a different category.   So changing to a new set if connecting cabins including a * likely means both cabins are new categories.

It would be great if they can manage to find an appropriate cabin for 2 in the same category that works for them along with a new cabin for three, but that might not be easy, especially if they want connecting cabins.

On 2/1/2022 at 5:19 PM, cruiserjt said:

we are in 12886 & 12888  It just seems strange that there are none with the triangle.  A fake booking gives me a * room.  Not the end of the world - just asking the experts.

I think you have your room numbers confused. I'm guessing you're actually in 12686 and 12688? 

Anyway, you'll need to rebook to a room with a star and another connecting room (if you're determined to have connecting rooms).  Alternately, you can choose two "adjacent" rooms (either next door to each other, or one across the hall from the other).  

14 hours ago, SRF said:

Perhaps you need to re read all the posts again.  The OP has  cabins currently each with 2 people.  They want to add an other person.  They will need an cabin for two (4D) AND an cabin for three (3D).  Never said "or"

• Like 1