The Spirit returns…….

tree.critter

I have just learned that the Ecstasy is leaving Jacksonville, headed to Mobile and will be replaced by the Spirit in Jacksonville.  Not sure on the dates yet and still eager to learn of other ship relocations too.  Jacksonville is so close and have never sailed on the Spirit so happy to cruise on her soon.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, tree.critter said:

I have just learned that the Ecstasy is leaving Jacksonville, headed to Mobile and will be replaced by the Spirit in Jacksonville.  Not sure on the dates yet and still eager to learn of other ship relocations too.  Jacksonville is so close and have never sailed on the Spirit so happy to cruise on her soon.

Where did you see this??

Karen

10 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Sensation is in Miami as we speak. I hope she isn't about to be sent to Alang as several of her sisters were in 2020.

It's a possibility and would sadden me,  but it's inevitable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yogibear said:

Where did you see this??

Karen

WE also got an email telling us of the change.  Will be interesting to see if the Spirit is still in Jacksonville come Sept ( hope so) and what cabin we will be assigned from our Ecstasy aft balcony on deck 6.

3 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

WE also got an email telling us of the change.  Will be interesting to see if the Spirit is still in Jacksonville come Sept ( hope so) and what cabin we will be assigned from our Ecstasy aft balcony on deck 6.

When did they say the changes would be made by? We will be booking the Spirit since she is the only ship in the class we haven't been on. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

When did they say the changes would be made by? We will be booking the Spirit since she is the only ship in the class we haven't been on. 

I posted directly from John Heald above -- March 5 and 7, respectively.

In a move that either says Carnival is done waiting for the draconian measures to en end down under, or we have have ship flip flops coming, The long lost Carnival Spirit is returning.  Happy news in Jacksonville. 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/26715-carnival-ship-shuffle-as-spirit-comes-to-u-s-in-place-of-australia.html?fbclid=IwAR1B5TxHqQScnVe5gMHgtxXzr_FV_C6jJKovFYQkEsOiuLPh4yHn_8h5ppc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, yogibear said:

They're bringing the Spirit from Australia??

Karen

Spirit and Splendor have been hanging out in the Persian Gulf, mainly around Dubai, UAE and Doha, Qatar. Spirit was actually drydocked at Dubai not too long ago, and she got the new livery while in drydock.

It will be interesting to see if Sensation possibly gets her January 2023 drydock early. Her current destination is Freeport, Bahamas per Marine Traffic.

Glad to have all four Spirit class ships back in U.S. waters. We can only hope the move is permanent or they send one of the Conquest class ships to Australia when the time comes. With the loss of four of the Fantasy class, we could really use the smaller Spirit class for height-restricted ports and/or to open up new home ports on the U.S. East Coast. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tidecat said:

Spirit and Splendor have been hanging out in the Persian Gulf, mainly around Dubai, UAE and Doha, Qatar. Spirit was actually drydocked at Dubai not too long ago, and she got the new livery while in drydock.

It will be interesting to see if Sensation possibly gets her January 2023 drydock early. Her current destination is Freeport, Bahamas per Marine Traffic.

I believe the reason they are using Ecstasy to start Mobile sailings is because Sensation is still serving quarantine ship duty. I don't know if they can complete a drydock while serving as a quarantine ship? Whatever the plan is, it appears as if some sort of meet-up is occurring among the three inactive ships, as Paradise arrived in Freeport on the 31st and Ecstasy and Sensation are both currently en route.