Feb 5-19 East-West Caribbean on the Reflection

Ken the cruiser

Cayman cancellation I fully expect but Jamaica is a surprise, at least on the tourist north shore, away from the populated areas on the south side. Maybe this will change for my 3/26 Reflection, same itinerary cruise. But adding Costa Maya and Nassau is ok. At least not more sea days. I was hoping maybe for Belize if no go to Jamaica and Cayman.

Here’s a question for those that have sailed on the Reflection in the last few months with Captain Michael Karatzas at the helm. 

Do you remember if they ever offered The Liars Club as a late show on the cruise(s) you were on in either the main theater, Celebrity Central or the Sky Lounge?

We heard a reason why it hasn’t been presented on the 2 Reflection cruises we’ve been on so far, but don’t want to say until we get confirmation as to what we heard. 

By comparison they have offered it on each and every sailing we’ve been on, to include the Edge, Apex and Constellation since cruising started back up. It is usually super funny and we were hoping it was going to be offered on the Reflection. But that doesn’t appear to be the case, at least so far. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

I sailed on Reflection two weeks before you (yes, it was AMAZING).  Captain Karatzas made an appearance just once and that was on the 2nd to last sea day during a crew parade around the pool deck.

Sadly, no Liar's Club...we looked for it and asked about it, but it didn't happen.  We also didn't see it on last September's Edge cruise either.

I'm curious now to find out why it hasn't happened.  Please keep us posted.

Susan

12 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

I sailed on Reflection two weeks before you (yes, it was AMAZING).  Captain Karatzas made an appearance just once and that was on the 2nd to last sea day during a crew parade around the pool deck.

Sadly, no Liar's Club...we looked for it and asked about it, but it didn't happen.  We also didn't see it on last September's Edge cruise either.

Susan

Now that you mention it, I’m now not sure if we saw it on the Edge as that was back in August when cruising was just starting back up. But we do distinctly remember it on the Apex, with Lauren as the CD, and on the Constellation with Kelly as the CD. Lauren was also the CD on the Edge as well so that’s probably why I initially thought it was on both. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lola2013 said:

Susan

I have achieved confirmation of what I originally heard and it’s basically up to the Cruise Director. So, for our part we are going to mention on the after cruise survey that we sure hope they bring The Liars Club back to the Reflection. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I have achieved confirmation of what I originally heard and it’s basically up to the Cruise Director. So, for our part we are going to mention on the after cruise survey that we sure hope they bring The Liars Club back to the Reflection. 

It was a highlight whenever it was done…loved Julie when she participated (I think I saw her do it on my first Edge cruise).  Anyway, fingers crossed Liars Club makes a comeback.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Can you explain what The Liars Club is?  I’ve never of it. 

15 minutes ago, CruisnDeb said:

Can you explain what The Liars Club is?  I’ve never of it. 

The Liars Club is a game where the audience tries to figure out which of the contestants on stage is telling the truth about a little known word or phrase. In some fashion, it’s similar to the old game show To Tell the Truth.

The 3-4 participants usually include the Cruise Director, the Entertainment Activities Manager along with a special guest or two such as a ship's officer, someone from the production cast and/or someone else of notoriety on the ship.

All of the contestants are usually given the words in advance so they have time to make up some real squirrelly answers, to include the one that’s actually true. It’s the audience’s job at the end to vote on which contestant is actually telling the truth. Let me tell you, its usually a hoot and most of the time you can’t stop laughing at some of the descriptions they come up with! 

For example, here’s a picture from the Liars Club held recently on the Constellation and one of the words.

6B6B18C1-646C-48DD-98F5-6CA3967E02BC.jpeg.097e58c2fdc1c9333cfe45a62a47e164.jpeg

• Thanks 1

The Liars Club is dependent upon the CD, Captain and 1 or 2 other Sr Officers being comfortable and good at doing it.  The Captains that come to mind are Captain Tasos, Captain Leo, and.CaptIn Dimetrios.  Add a personable GSM ( Julie) or Hotel Director (John) and a CD ( Alejandro) and it works.  

• Like 1

We’re getting ready in the next few hours to cruise through the narrow passage between Cuba and the Florida Keys where the last 3 times we sailed between Mexico and Port Everglades through this area, we have seen folks trying to flee from Cuba to the US, once by raft, once by row boat and the last time via a small sailboat.

Each time the USCG was there to greet them. The question is will they try again today as the seas are quite calm. We also had a close fly-by from a jet while cruising through this passage a couple of cruises ago, so anything is possible on an otherwise relaxing day cruising back to Florida. 😎

Here’s a link to our current location as well as a picture of how calm the seas are right now.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9506459

image.thumb.jpg.3032dc451a227d6d5ea244a91541ab6f.jpg

• Like 2

Ken - in advance, as tomorrow will no doubt be a busy day for you, I wanted to thank you for providing all the info and doing the footwork to answer numerous questions. It sounds like you've had a great time - and I appreciate being along for the ride!

Safe travels

Tom

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Ken - in advance, as tomorrow will no doubt be a busy day for you, I wanted to thank you for providing all the info and doing the footwork to answer numerous questions. It sounds like you've had a great time - and I appreciate being along for the ride!

Safe travels

Tom

Thanks! We’ll be heading off the ship at 7:15 tomorrow morning as we want to get early start on our 11 hour relaxing (and hopefully uneventful) drive back home.

Posting on the thread has definitely helped pass the time while I was out on our balcony enjoying the “shade”. 😂😂

But I have to say, even though we always have a great time cruising, this has been one of the most “relaxing” Celebrity cruises we’ve ever been on. It’s amazing how much influence a cruise director has on the wow factor when it comes to making a cruise truly memorable (or not).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks! We’ll be heading off the ship at 7:15 tomorrow morning as we want to get early start on our 11 hour relaxing (and hopefully uneventful) drive back home.

Posting on the thread has definitely helped pass the time while I was out on our balcony enjoying the “shade”. 😂😂

Ken  -  Thank you for an excellent review.  We really missed Reflection after our December cruises and your review reminded us of many wonderful things we also experienced. 

I hope you have a safe journey home and manage to avoid some of the terrible weather that has been happening this past 24 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After our last tasty dinner in Luminae on the cruise, we headed to the theater to watch a fantastic show by Janine Johnson, a British sole singer, which I have to say was one of the best shows of the entire cruise as we didn’t stop movin’ and gruvin’ the entire show!! 😂😂

8A644C78-CA24-45EB-81F3-64F692AC6ED2.thumb.jpeg.db5054f07420c3a34ece8161875a8be3.jpeg

Afterwards we headed over to the Entertainment Court outside the theater to watch our final game show, The Music Challenge, which ran extra long because everyone was having such a great time!

918AAFD3-8C96-4A23-8FE7-EB12B6226443.thumb.jpeg.a1ff541accc6baf928d15344430820e2.jpeg

Patrick, the Activities Manager, also mentioned there were 128 staying on for the next cruise!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

After our last tasty dinner in Luminae on the cruise, we headed to the theater to watch a fantastic show by Janine Johnson, a British sole singer, which I have to say was one of the best shows of the entire cruise as we didn’t stop movin’ and gruvin’ the entire show!! 😂😂

8A644C78-CA24-45EB-81F3-64F692AC6ED2.thumb.jpeg.db5054f07420c3a34ece8161875a8be3.jpeg

Afterwards we headed over to the Entertainment Court outside the theater to watch our final game show, The Music Challenge, which ran extra long because everyone was having such a great time!

918AAFD3-8C96-4A23-8FE7-EB12B6226443.thumb.jpeg.a1ff541accc6baf928d15344430820e2.jpeg

Patrick, the Activities Manager, also mentioned there were 128 staying on for the next cruise!

Thanks for such a wonderful recap of your fantastic journey.  We are on the Reflection in April.  Just wondering if you think there will be less people onboard because it is a 9 night cruise.

Thanks from us as well, Ken.  This is the big week for us.  We board with 9 family members (we hope) next Saturday.  All first timers on Celebrity (except our 3rd on Reflection).  I have been watching these sailings for over a month and your two weeks have been a great REFLECTION 😊 on what's to come!

Safe travels home and I look forward to your next LIVE.

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As others have said already, thanks so much for taking the time to do this thread. It's not easy to devote the time each day to keep people engaged, yet still have time to yourself to enjoy your cruise. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed providing us with so much information as we enjoyed reading it. Safe travels home today! 

• Thanks 1