La petite chef?

Cruisingrampy

15 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Is it always a scoop of ice cream for dessert?  That’s what I saw on this thread.

It depends on the dinner "theme".

> The Original, Le Petit Chef, has the "Ice Cream Sundae" for dessert.  The other menu has sorbet (whatever the flavor of the day is).   Both of these are what I posted above.  😃

> Le Petit and Friends has a Green Tea Matcha Cake for dessert.  The other menu has sorbet.

> Le Petit and Family has a Brownie & Ice Cream for dessert.  The other menu has a Cherry Almond Cake.

You can mix and match items from that night's show menu and the "other" menu that night.

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 11:02 AM, DrKoob said:

Someone said you would get one of three answers: Love it, Liked it but not again or "meh." 

I will give you a fourth answer. I FREAKING HATE IT! Not because of what it is but because the replaced the best restaurant at sea with it. Qsine was one of the few places you could get imaginative and interesting food. They replaced with with a show. I was there for the food. Not the show. How I miss Qsine.

I agree with you that Qsine was amazing.  I loved the old menu with so many different choices.  We ate there twice on our Millenium sailing in Alaska.  I really miss that menu.  Qsine was my favorite dining experience I've had on a cruise ship.  

I'm on the fence if it is worth going to LPC or not.  I guess we'll see how I feel on our next cruise.

Edited by josh1324342

Didn't see the menu before I commented previously. It's a no go for my wife and I. She can't eat shellfish, I find lobster or a filet boring so that leaves me with a chicken breast or a sea bass? Not paying extra for those. This entire idea is folderol. So glad I only have one more cruise on X to eat up some FCC. After that we will do Flora again (where the food was WONDERFUL) and we are done. X is going the wrong way. After 20+ cruises, it's sad.

2 hours ago, DrKoob said:

Didn't see the menu before I commented previously. It's a no go for my wife and I. She can't eat shellfish, I find lobster or a filet boring so that leaves me with a chicken breast or a sea bass? Not paying extra for those. This entire idea is folderol. So glad I only have one more cruise on X to eat up some FCC. After that we will do Flora again (where the food was WONDERFUL) and we are done. X is going the wrong way. After 20+ cruises, it's sad.

There are multiple menus.

2 hours ago, DrKoob said:

You have made many many posts on how much you HATE Celebrity, other than your awesome Galapagos cruises, why do you even bother.  You said you HATE Le Petit Chef yet have never eaten there.  

Quick question for those who have tried the multiple menus. I noticed filet mignon is on both the original menu and the "and Family" menu -- is there any difference between the way these steaks are prepared/served? (I can see they come with different sides - but are both typical Filet Mignon?)

5 minutes ago, sherylc said:

(I can see they come with different sides - but are both typical Filet Mignon?)

Definitely not typical.  I could have cut mine with a fork (and did, for some number of bites)!  Then again, that was true for many of the meats we were treated to during our November X cruise.  Not sure if that's true elsewhere or even if still true on Connie, but it really was amazing.

On 2/8/2022 at 11:02 AM, DrKoob said:

Qsine was one of the few places you could get imaginative and interesting food. They replaced with with a show. I was there for the food. Not the show. How I miss Qsine.

And while the food was good, it was another series of gimmicky presentations, much like LPC.  You must have been there for more than 'the food', or you'd have found the presentations a distraction.

On 2/9/2022 at 4:31 PM, LGW59 said:

You have made many many posts on how much you HATE Celebrity, other than your awesome Galapagos cruises, why do you even bother.  You said you HATE Le Petit Chef yet have never eaten there.  

I bother because I want Celebrity to stop marketing their horrid crapola they are pushing. We have such a history of sailing with them, we don't really want to stop. We have always loved them. I know I am beating my head against a wall but I still miss the old X. Every year they take away more and more. Restaurants, the value of our Elite Plus status, the advent of the E-class with the outside staterooms with a window that opens and places on the ship that not everyone can access unless you are rich enough to afford a suite. They were not this way in the past. They were the classy, premium cruise line. 

We were onboard in Feb 2020 and had a great time were missing so much we used to love. We are sailing again in May on Millennium but that may be the last time. I was just telling my bride that I need to stop going to the Celebrity boards and I guess I will after our Millie cruise. 

And I did not say I hated Le Petit Chef. I said I hated that they replaced the food that they used to serve in Qsine and that they replaced it with a show. I admit, I am a foodie. I love long dinners with really interesting food. Since they have changed their specialty restaurants so many times since we started sailing with them in 2004 (the old specialty restaurants on the M-class were so awesome) maybe they will change again.

Edited by DrKoob

On 2/9/2022 at 4:51 PM, canderson said:

And while the food was good, it was another series of gimmicky presentations, much like LPC.  You must have been there for more than 'the food', or you'd have found the presentations a distraction.

Not sure what "presentations" you are talking about? We never (ate in Qsine at least 20 times) had any kind of presentation. We ordered (yes, it was on iPads which I thought was hokey), they brought the food, explained what it was and we ate it. That was it. Maybe you had a fun waiter?

3 hours ago, DrKoob said:

Not sure what "presentations" you are talking about? We never (ate in Qsine at least 20 times) had any kind of presentation. We ordered (yes, it was on iPads which I thought was hokey), they brought the food, explained what it was and we ate it. That was it. Maybe you had a fun waiter?

It's been a few years, but our one (and last) foray into Qsine was 90% quirky presentation.  First time I've ever been served something edible in a test tube rack.  Wish I had taken pictures.  Did it change?

9 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Does LPC offer small tables for solo diners?  Will be on Millie next week, solo, and having never tried LPC thought it might be a good solo meal, since there is a show. 

On our recent cruise, I think a 4 top was the smallest table we saw.  However, that shouldn't be a problem for you.  Each place setting has its own projection system.  I'm sure they'll accommodate you somehow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

On our recent cruise, I think a 4 top was the smallest table we saw.  However, that shouldn't be a problem for you.  Each place setting has its own projection system.  I'm sure they'll accommodate you somehow.

I'd probably give it a go providing that Cheryl and I could get our own table. Not a fan of sharing a table with random folks !

Tom

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'd probably give it a go providing that Cheryl and I could get our own table. Not a fan of sharing a table with random folks !

Tom

Unless bookings go way up, you should have no trouble at all sharing a 4 top for just 2 people.  If nothing else, just make that request when you book.  They won't typically place strangers together in any case, but as there are currently plenty of empty seats...

A word of geek advice to ALL planning a LPC dinner.  If you have your choice of tables when you walk in, be sure to observe the ring you see projected around the edge of the white plate that will have been carefully positioned before you arrive.  If you see any instability in the image, find another seat.  By instability, I mean any indication that the ring is moving slightly near the edge of the plate. It should be sharp and stable.  Spotted this immediately, but if you're not paying attention when seated, it may annoy visually but you won't know what you're seeing, exactly.  Makes a difference in the quality of the presentation for those with acute vision.

• Thanks 1

We have been 3 times on various Celebrity ships and have seen (and therefore eaten the food from) all 3 of the different animations. Each animation is different, fun, incredibly unique. The petit chef and his friends and family prepare the food that then when the animation ends, is brought to your plate, impeccably timed with the service staff. The quality and presentation of the meal is outstanding. It is by far our favorite specialty restaurant as it combines amazing food with a bit of theater. Tuscan Grill is like any other Italian steak house IMHO, Murano is excellent (love the chateaubriand for two!) but Le Petit Chef wins for us. We also preferred Q-Sine before Petit Chef took it over. We haven’t been on Edge class (yet!) and are looking forward to dining in Eden. 

On 2/9/2022 at 7:51 PM, canderson said:

Aw I liked the Strawberry fields with those dipped strawberries.

How are you guys deciding which menu is the best to choose? By the "show," or the food? Trying to sort it out without ruining the "surprise" of it is hard to do. We will likely only do it once, so..... how do I pick, per your advice, if you have done them? 😃 

52 minutes ago, Lunesse said:

How are you guys deciding which menu is the best to choose? By the "show," or the food? Trying to sort it out without ruining the "surprise" of it is hard to do. We will likely only do it once, so..... how do I pick, per your advice, if you have done them? 😃 

You can select individual courses from either menu if you want. You don’t have to follow the animation menu 100% if there is something you absolutely don’t want to eat. Personally I selected all items on the animation menu just because I thought it would be more fun and was surprised I liked some things I wouldn’t have normally selected on my own. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lunesse said:

The "and Friends" was our favorite, because the ravioli in the second course was amazing.

• Like 2

I was on a 12 day this past holiday. They had 3 different versions (each for 4 days). I had been there on prior cruises and it was a unique experience and the food was good (not fabulous).  However, this past cruise we went and the food was so wonderfully prepared (especially as compared to Blu and Tuscan) that we went a second time. Both times were really fabulous. This was on the Equinox. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 1:23 PM, Team Stag said:

We went and loved it.  It was one of our favorite meals on the ship.  The first thing my other half did when we booked our most recent cruise was tell me which night to book our return visit.

P.S. - you are going to get three different answers: 1) Loved it.  2) Meh & 3) Enjoyed it but once was plenty.

Several couples at my table went and were trying to convince me to go.  They all said one and done.  

I want to try Le petite chef on our May cruise but it will have to be a menu with no fish. I can not eat fish. Seafood is fine just no fish. Figure I better do it before they take it away and do something else. You never know with Celebrity.

Laura

4 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

I was on a 12 day this past holiday. They had 3 different versions (each for 4 days). I had been there on prior cruises and it was a unique experience and the food was good (not fabulous).  However, this past cruise we went and the food was so wonderfully prepared (especially as compared to Blu and Tuscan) that we went a second time. Both times were really fabulous. This was on the Equinox. 

Yay, Equinox is where I am eventually headed! 😃