La petite chef?

Cruisingrampy

We went and loved it.  It was one of our favorite meals on the ship.  The first thing my other half did when we booked our most recent cruise was tell me which night to book our return visit.

P.S. - you are going to get three different answers: 1) Loved it.  2) Meh & 3) Enjoyed it but once was plenty.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Team Stag said:

We went and loved it.  It was one of our favorite meals on the ship.  The first thing my other half did when we booked our most recent cruise was tell me which night to book our return visit.

P.S. - you are going to get three different answers: 1) Loved it.  2) Meh & 3) Enjoyed it but once was plenty.

Agree, try it, you may love it.

We did it twice. I would stick with the entree they recommend. I ordered fish and it was terrible, thin boney Mediterranean    sea bass. The steak was good. The comped me so we did another  night. Dessert weak.Soup good.

• Like 1

We did Le Petit Chef & Le Petit Chef & friends, both at no charge. Tge 2ndvtime was because a friend traveling with us wanted to try it.  
Food was just ok, would not pay much extra for it.  The experience was fun the first time.  We didn’t  care for the structured meal.  Because of the animation  everyone has a starter at the  same time, those plates are removed and everyone has the entree etc.  No time to relax between courses or linger over coffee.  

• Like 1

My husband and I just came back from the Equinox last Sunday and ended up doing La Petit Chef twice, we loved it so much. I found the whole experience to be delightful and the food to be some of the best on the ship. They have multiple menus now, so be sure to review what they are serving on which days and book accordingly. I have photos and notes about both experiences in my review here:

• Like 1

Just now, whoshwhosh said:

Do you know if the gratuity is included when booking specialty dining?

Yes, they do not give you a slip to sign or anything at the end of the meal for additional gratuity. At least they didn't on my Equinox sailing 1/21-1/30.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

Fun for a one time experience.

Best item on the menu we had was the ravioli - best I've ever had.  Concensus vote at end (normal part of the experience) also that the ravioli dish won.

I agree. The Ravioli on our sailing was also phenomenal and "won" as well.

• Like 1

We love it have done in twice and will do it at least once on our cruise in two weeks, I didn’t like the steak on the main menu so I got the chicken I believe, there were two menus you could pick some from one menu and some from the other . Didn’t like there wine list will use a bottle that we brought for that meal. We are in royal suite so no charge but it’s good enough to pay for. 

3 hours ago, Team Stag said:

Yup.  We're between 2 and 3. Thought it was OK, glad we did it once, probably won't do it again.  The menu was very limited.  We went with the steak, which was good but no better than we'd had in Blu or in the MDR on previous cruises.  The video was cute, but I think we expected a bit more to that entertainment and a higher quality dinner and dessert considering the limited menu and high upcharge.  I also like to eat my meal at my own pace rather than being on an "entertainment schedule," but understand that they need to coordinate things at this venue. All in all, it was OK for a one-time visit to say we did it and to satisfy our curiosity, but we're not planning on a repeat performance unless we're with a group who hasn't been yet and reeeeally wants to go. 

We experienced the original version of Le Petit Chef once.  While we found the video amusing (my husband found it more amusing than I had expected) for us this venue is a "once and done."  That pacing of the meal is artificial and we also found the dessert rather a let down for the price.  We had a significant amount of non-refundable to use so the price wasn't an issue.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We experienced the original version of Le Petit Chef once.  While we found the video amusing (my husband found it more amusing than I had expected) for us this venue is a "once and done."  That pacing of the meal is artificial and we also found the dessert rather a let down for the price.  We had a significant amount of non-refundable to use so the price wasn't an issue.

With the multiple shows/menus available now, you should consider it on a future cruise. Especially if you have OBC.

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

With the multiple shows/menus available now, you should consider it on a future cruise. Especially if you have OBC.

I doubt we will consider a repeat even if we have a  significant amount of non-refundable OBC.  As Zenith members of the loyalty program we are experienced with the Celebrity product, and much prefer other specialty dining venues.