elite plus benefits

rln44

This has probably been discussed in previous posts but I didn't feel like wading through hundreds of pages to find it.  We have been elite plus for several years but have not sailed with Celebrity for a few years due to Covid and a gradual transition to Oceania.  It appears that many of the elite plus benefits are now included in regular booking fees.  Is there any real benefit to elite plus status?

7 minutes ago, rln44 said:

This has probably been discussed in previous posts but I didn't feel like wading through hundreds of pages to find it.  We have been elite plus for several years but have not sailed with Celebrity for a few years due to Covid and a gradual transition to Oceania.  It appears that many of the elite plus benefits are now included in regular booking fees.  Is there any real benefit to elite plus status?

For me, the two biggest perks are the two bags of laundry per cruise per person and also a discount at specialty restaurants  (if you weren't able to snag a better discount).

• Like 1

Yes, there was a ton of posts on Always Included - AI - and how Elite/Elite+ and so on lose out paying more and getting what the poster thought was the same as what they got being E/E+. As to ‘any real benefit’? Your gratuities are covered; you have standard WiFi the entire cruise and not a set time limit of 240min (I think); and you can have drinks throughout the day, and at dinner instead of during the happy hr time. And as mentioned, the laundry which we find Very useful. 

Personally, I find the ‘benefit’ is I’m cruising on a Line that is providing me the experience I’m looking for at this time at the price I like. And I do enjoy getting on line and not checking how much time I’ve used, but especially enjoy getting a drink anytime I want, and at dinner a nice glass of wine. 

So I’m not one of the one’s who see this as some loss of benefits, just and extension of better benefits that yes, cost me more……but I’ll survive. 

Den

• Like 3

There are occasional promotional discounts that vary with loyalty level. Right now there is a nice discount for Galapagos cruises that is only available for Elite and higher. $1000 or $1500 discount depending on stateroom type.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/galapagos-savings

Back in April there was another offer that varied with tier:

Classic and Select members will save 5%—and Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith members save 10% (excluding taxes and fees) when you book a veranda stateroom or above.

If you need to upgrade your internet from "Surf" which is SUPER SLOW to "Stream" which allows you to even make wifi phone calls, E+ gives you a 35% discount.  If you buy the upgrade ahead of time, there is another discount as well.  

One of our fave's is the laundry.  

24 minutes ago, Algebralovr said:

One of our fave's is the laundry.  

Speaking of laundry: I am elite and sailing solo. As I'm paying for two people, does that mean I get the laundry perks for two people or just for myself? I have a TA coming up in April and it would be interesting to know what to expect. Thanks! Anne

13 minutes ago, Mark+Anne said:

Speaking of laundry: I am elite and sailing solo. As I'm paying for two people, does that mean I get the laundry perks for two people or just for myself? I have a TA coming up in April and it would be interesting to know what to expect. Thanks! Anne

It's just one bag per Elite member. You should get double points for your booking, though.

2 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Yes, there was a ton of posts on Always Included - AI - and how Elite/Elite+ and so on lose out paying more and getting what the poster thought was the same as what they got being E/E+. As to ‘any real benefit’? Your gratuities are covered; you have standard WiFi the entire cruise and not a set time limit of 240min (I think); and you can have drinks throughout the day, and at dinner instead of during the happy hr time. And as mentioned, the laundry which we find Very useful. 

Personally, I find the ‘benefit’ is I’m cruising on a Line that is providing me the experience I’m looking for at this time at the price I like. And I do enjoy getting on line and not checking how much time I’ve used, but especially enjoy getting a drink anytime I want, and at dinner a nice glass of wine. 

So I’m not one of the one’s who see this as some loss of benefits, just and extension of better benefits that yes, cost me more……but I’ll survive. 

Den

IMO, the tiers that Celebrity, and other lines, name their tiers, specifically the naming conventions, elite, elite+, zenith, created an intentional mind game for folks at this level.  We've all seen the I am elite, elite+, so I deserve...and now with the Retreat perks where folks often get more benefits with sailing on just a cruise or two, it is almost to the point they should change these naming conventions, it won't work for all the current folks but down the road it will, the airlines did it and it can work.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

It's just one bag per Elite member. You should get double points for your booking, though.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I suspected it but just wanted to be sure. Guess I'll have to either bring more clothes or more money, right?! Anne

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Actually, it's 30 items per person, not one bag.  It's 20 items on some shorter sailings.

I thought it was UP TO 30 items that fit into one bag.  And the 20 items was for sailings with limited water, not shorter in days.

I don't know how great a deal it is, but an add-on to the Elite and Elite Plus laundry benefit is this:

And with Pressed to Impress, Elite and Elite Plus members can add pressing to one of their complimentary bags of laundry per sailing for just $20. Details to be available onboard.

Here's a quick photo of the Elite Plus benefits.

FYI: Laundry bags are now the reusable drawstring cloth bags instead of the thin paper bags. You send them out in them and they come back in them also. 

PXL_20220208_163533394.jpg

Edited by kwokpot

1 hour ago, Algebralovr said:

I thought it was UP TO 30 items that fit into one bag.  And the 20 items was for sailings with limited water, not shorter in days.

Not my experience.  I sent out 30 items in two bags.  The 20 items was for a sailing to/from Bermuda.  There were no water restrictions.

One tip  - 15% discount in Speciality Restaurants. If dining as a couple  make sure you give both Guest cards to the waiter. Otherwise you will only get the discount on one meal. If you are in a Group make sure all the Guest cards are presented to get the discount on each meal

We noticed this last time we dined in Murano in a group of 4

Laundry  - Search your clothes when you get home and remove all the very small cabin labels that they use. to ID your laundry. If you miss them they become brittle difficult to get off, and suddenly you get a prickly itch in the neck collar of your shirt. Found one recently from 2019

• Like 2

FYI: Laundry bags are now the reusable drawstring cloth bags instead of the thin paper bags. You send them out in them and they come back in them also.

That's a great change, those paper bags were really a joke. People used to use tape to hold them together!  On a luxury cruise line? Hmmmmm.......

Thanks for all the great information!! Anne 

2 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

Not my experience.  I sent out 30 items in two bags.  The 20 items was for a sailing to/from Bermuda.  There were no water restrictions.

I have sailed where we were limited due to water restrictions and it was stated so on the info sheet. Also on a cruise with more than half the ship being Elite and up we were limited to 20.. just too many people needing laundry done