Apps?

GranysT

Ok, I am a senior citizen, and just read that on Harmony you now reserve shows on an app. I grew up when we still used paper and a pencil. I don't know apps from apples.  Please tell me there is a way to reserve the shows, once on board, without an app.

• Like 1

Just be aware that some reservations will be in high demand.  You'll want to deal with this sooner rather than later.  Waiting until the day of the event will likely result in disappointment.  Make a point of making reservations as soon as you are on board for best results.

2 hours ago, GranysT said:

Ok, I am a senior citizen, and just read that on Harmony you now reserve shows on an app. I grew up when we still used paper and a pencil. I don't know apps from apples.  Please tell me there is a way to reserve the shows, once on board, without an app.

Yes....and I'm right there with you when it comes to apps.

Mmmmmm, escargot.

GranysT, be advised that the daily newsletter, the Cruise Compass, is also on the app and your ship may not be delivering a paper copy to your cabin. Ask your cabin steward for a daily paper copy. 

• Like 1

Not all seniors have appaphopia (LOL). I have an IPad and IPhone with lots of apps, and some make my life a whole lot easier when traveling. I travel solo, and live alone, so a lot are for my own entertainment.

Personally, I couldn’t live without them, but I do understand the reluctance of some to not even give them a shot.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sobro said:

Mmmmmm, escargot.

GranysT, be advised that the daily newsletter, the Cruise Compass, is also on the app and your ship may not be delivering a paper copy to your cabin. Ask your cabin steward for a daily paper copy. 

No problem asking your cabin steward for a paper copy of the Cruise Compass to be in your cabin each night. You can also get them at Guest Services.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dewaldcruiser said:

Seems like a great time to download and attempt to use the RCI app.  I am a senior citizen and I have found that the RCI app shines onboard the ship.  RCI's much maligned IT did good with this app.

Now you've jinxed the app. 😉

10 hours ago, gottagoacruzn said:

I can live without em!!!! Just got a flip phone, and that's good enough for me!!!!!

Be advised that the term "flip phone" no longer means just a dumb phone - Samsung and others have smartphone flip phones.