Favorite Non Alcoholic drinks on O ?

LuAnn

2 hours ago, LuAnn said:

DH can no longer drink alcohol due to health reasons and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions re their favorite beverages?..anything "created" by you or unique that O offers?  Thanks for any help!

Arnold Palmers...............not unique

• Like 1

If they have sparkling white grape juice (or even cider?), perhaps an alcohol-free Mimosa?

Or a similar Bellini, if they have the Bellini mix/makings?

Or even just using sparkling water, but in the "right" shaped glass, etc., or perhaps some special garnish?

Even a bottle of sparkling cider, in a "champagne cooler", with champagne flutes, might be special.

Some of the "drinking" enjoyment is in the ambiance and some of the sort-of rituals.

Also, I just Googled "alcohol free booze" (who knew?) and got some interesting results.  Perhaps the bartenders have some of that?  But you might want to look into that for home use 😉 

GC

It's many years since I last drank alcohol and the problem now is that many alcohol free products are very sweet. Not something I want to drink regularly. As an aperitif, I now usually order tonic - but, on our next cruise, I will be asking if they stock any of the alcohol free distilled products, such as Seedlip. If so, Seedlip and tonic makes a good version of a gin & tonic. As mentioned upthread, a virgin mojito can be good. And, of course, I'd expect any decent bar to stock alcohol free beer and wine - they are not something I choose to drink regularly as they remind me too much of the old times, but I always have a couple of bottles of the wine in the house for those meals which just cry out for wine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harters said:

It's many years since I last drank alcohol and the problem now is that many alcohol free products are very sweet. Not something I want to drink regularly. As an aperitif, I now usually order tonic - but, on our next cruise, I will be asking if they stock any of the alcohol free distilled products, such as Seedlip. If so, Seedlip and tonic makes a good version of a gin & tonic. As mentioned upthread, a virgin mojito can be good. And, of course, I'd expect any decent bar to stock alcohol free beer and wine - they are not something I choose to drink regularly as they remind me too much of the old times, but I always have a couple of bottles of the wine in the house for those meals which just cry out for wine.

Well....your going  to have to bring it....   The have 1 beer  alcohol free     Got Nulkie Borwn...    Alas no Yates and Jackaon    No Barley Wine or Shandy    I have not seen any  alc free wine...sorry     On O  your allowed to bring as much  ethanol on board as you can carry  and in every port too.      

H

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

... On O  your allowed to bring as much  ethanol on board as you can carry  and in every port too.    

Here is the official policy. Whether they enforce it is another matter entirely. I brought my 6 bottles of wine on board at embarkation for the 12/13-23/21 Riviera W. Caribbean cruise:

WHAT IS YOUR ALCOHOL POLICY FOR BRINGING BOTTLES ON BOARD?

Updated August 25, 2020

We are pleased to inform you that Oceania Cruises has revised the policy for bringing wine onboard. We have now increased the limit to 6 bottles per stateroom. The exception being the world cruises for which we will allow up to 60 bottles per stateroom however this only applies to guests who are booked on the full world cruise or any of the variations of the full world cruise as listed below. ...

This includes guests flying with their own wine, or purchasing it on shore, any additional purchases above and beyond the three bottles made during the cruise at any of the ports may be held for you until the end of the cruise. We ask that guests let us know they are bringing wine on-board so the ship can be advised. Guests are welcome to enjoy their wine in the comfort and privacy of their stateroom or suite, or, if they prefer, may enjoy their wine in one of the ship’s dining rooms. Any wine consumed in the dining room or a public area will be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00 per bottle.

19 hours ago, Vertygo said:

Not unique, but a virgin Mojito tastes great & is very refreshing. A fellow passenger turned me on to those on our 1st cruise.

I'd never think to ask for something like this. And since it's non-alcoholic, it's free even if you don't have the drink package, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

H

Here is the official policy. Whether they enforce it is another matter entirely. I brought my 6 bottles of wine on board at embarkation for the 12/13-23/21 Riviera W. Caribbean cruise:

WHAT IS YOUR ALCOHOL POLICY FOR BRINGING BOTTLES ON BOARD?

Updated August 25, 2020

We are pleased to inform you that Oceania Cruises has revised the policy for bringing wine onboard. We have now increased the limit to 6 bottles per stateroom. The exception being the world cruises for which we will allow up to 60 bottles per stateroom however this only applies to guests who are booked on the full world cruise or any of the variations of the full world cruise as listed below. ...

This includes guests flying with their own wine, or purchasing it on shore, any additional purchases above and beyond the three bottles made during the cruise at any of the ports may be held for you until the end of the cruise. We ask that guests let us know they are bringing wine on-board so the ship can be advised. Guests are welcome to enjoy their wine in the comfort and privacy of their stateroom or suite, or, if they prefer, may enjoy their wine in one of the ship’s dining rooms. Any wine consumed in the dining room or a public area will be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00 per bottle.

This a boiler plate cover your butt.....so if they want to thev can  bur never do..

The reality is you can take as much  as you want, in every port to drink in the cabin............. been that way for a decade.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

This a boiler plate cover your butt.....so if they want to thev can  bur never do..

The reality is you can take as much  as you want, in every port to drink in the cabin............. been that way for a decade.....

Sadly, there are some posters here who don’t understand CYA.

9 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Found their coffee amazing. And loved the sparkling water. And I had a Sun Salutation Smoothie every morning for breakfast.

I HATED the coffee on Riviera. Really bad. Someone suggested (and I should have realized this) I should request cafe americano.

Of course, the coffee in Baristas is an entirely different story!