Complimentary Gift from Princess for Anniversary or Birthday

sloopsailor

On 8/5/2022 at 4:16 AM, dickinson said:

Pre pandemic we celebrated several times.  The first time the little square chocolate cake was delicious.  The next time was for a birthday on a New Years cruise.  It was celebrated on New Years Eve.  I ordered my dessert but never got it.  (should have said something as it was special for New Years Eve). I did get the square chocolate cake which actually was not as good as I remembered.  After that we celebrated another birthday or anniversary and got the delicious cake.  A few nights later we ate in the Crown Grill and they brought us another one!  We were stuffed so they wrapped it up in foil and we put it in the refrigerator and ate it the next day.

I will say also that one birthday I received a card to save $20 off anything in the shops.  I was on the Royal so I got something in the chocolate shop.  I got a bag of Lindor chocolates to take home.  It was very much marked up in price but I didn't want to spend more than the gift.  

You can keep the “new” mousse chocolate cake and the singing too!  I’m jealous.  Never received a gift from Princess other than the card or poster (no longer available).

16 minutes ago, billco said:

No door sign,

Also requested no singing at dinner, which was honored. They have enough to do

We bring our old door sign but hang it in the room nowadays.

Someone will take it for sure. 

12 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

We bring our old door sign but hang it in the room nowadays.

Someone will take it for sure. 

I had a door sign on Crown this week, but probably also left over from pre-COVID times like my spoiled wine "gift".  Ironically the steward forgot to put it on the door and left it standing up against the table where he set up my wine, glasses, and cards.

8 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

This was my birthday "gift" on Crown Princess this week. Pre-COVID wine that was spoiled from being stored improperly in the 2+ years Crown was out of service or just too old.  Too spoiled to sell without being sent back, so let's give it away as a disingenuous birthday gift🙄

Two sips and poured it down the drain.

20220822_011652.jpg

I bought a bottle of Chianti in Sabatini's that was cooked over the shut down as well. The bartender told me that I wasn't the first to complain, which made me ask the question, "why are you still serving it".

They shouldn't even be giving it away.

Here's what it should look like:

bfkyvf7uavuim9gueiry.thumb.jpg.5a9326bfadd234adf46a7a2733c21bfa.jpg

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

I bought a bottle of Chianti in Sabatini's that was cooked over the shut down as well. The bartender told me that I wasn't the first to complain, which made me ask the question, "why are you still serving it".

They shouldn't even be giving it away.

Here's what it should look like:

bfkyvf7uavuim9gueiry.thumb.jpg.5a9326bfadd234adf46a7a2733c21bfa.jpg

Yes, as soon as I got it I knew the color was too dark/golden. I Googled the name and variety for pics and confirmed it wasn't right.

At least I didn't pay for it. I had Carnival try to pawn off a bottle of COVID wine on me in my wine package on my first post-restart cruise with them in February.  Nope... first bottle of wine I've sent back my whole life.

A few years ago the Cruise was my Birthday Gift to the Wife.  And, she did get a card in the stateroom telling her to give it to the waiter at Dinner which she did.  After Dinner, after Desert, after coffee no cake appeared.

Then three nights later two waiters made a big point of talking to the Wife.  She looked over at me and I just gave out with my most evil smile. She nodded her head.  This was secret message that we would not be dropping any extra envelopes in the MDR on the last night. 

Bob

On 8/27/2022 at 2:34 AM, DallasGuy75219 said:

This was my birthday "gift" on Crown Princess this week. Pre-COVID wine that was spoiled from being stored improperly in the 2+ years Crown was out of service or just too old.  Too spoiled to sell without being sent back, so let's give it away as a disingenuous birthday gift🙄

Two sips and poured it down the drain.

20220822_011652.jpg

Ugh! What a lousy "gift".

• 1 month later...

All you lucky folks!  I specifically put my birthday info in (and it was there) on the Island Princess back in May.  Nothing on door.  No acknowledgement anywhere.  We had dinner at Bayou Cafe - nothing.  Nothing in room.  I called to complain.  A cake was brought to the room without plates, silverware or napkins.  Had to call them back again to get the implements.  It was a great cruise - but this was one of the things that went wrong.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Loveh2ofl said:

All you lucky folks!  I specifically put my birthday info in (and it was there) on the Island Princess back in May.  Nothing on door.  No acknowledgement anywhere.  We had dinner at Bayou Cafe - nothing.  Nothing in room.  I called to complain.  A cake was brought to the room without plates, silverware or napkins.  Had to call them back again to get the implements.  It was a great cruise - but this was one of the things that went wrong.

I think in addition to putting the info in, you are best off telling them when you go to dinner on the special night. I know when we had an anniversary on a Princess ship, I told them when we entered the dining room that night (doing anytime), and that worked.

• Like 1

I just don't understand why people get worked up if they don't get the small,  ubiquitous celebration cake.

Why on earth would a grown adult worry about not having a sign on their door, or not receiving a small,  mass produced sickly cake !  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I just don't understand why people get worked up if they don't get the small,  ubiquitous celebration cake.

Why on earth would a grown adult worry about not having a sign on their door, or not receiving a small,  mass produced sickly cake !  

We bring one of the old signs & hang it in the room. It probably wouldn't last on the outside of the cabin door. 

On 2/10/2022 at 9:37 PM, Thrak said:

GAH! Hopefully they don't automagically sing for an anniversary. Our next cruise will include our 50th.

I had indicated we would be celebrating our 50th on the British Isles cruise earlier this month - the only indication it was noted was on the kiosks we got close to 🙂

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yeah, IIRC, afterwards I wished I had ordered a regular dessert from the menu instead or in addition to the cake.

I used the Medallion App to request a birthday celebration for my sister.  I was only expecting the cardboard door notice, the cake, and an announcement as she passed those public screens.  (no photo of singing waiters, square cake, and ice cream). I stopped celebrating my birthday onboard a long time ago since I don't like this cake.  

image.thumb.png.638c294156ff735a8b8b59846505938e.png

image.thumb.png.b79a345be49d92a4c0d1ff56c7a912de.png

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, sloopsailor said:

I no longer celebrate my birthday. Instead, I celebrate anniversaries of my 25th birthday. I am quickly approaching my 48th anniversary of that special b-day. 

I stopped at 27th.  That seemed to be a popular number in my family.

• Haha 2

Honestly, if my DH and I are on a cruise during either a birthday or anniversary, we keep it to ourselves.  We have zero interest in singing waiters or run of the mill birthday cake.  We prefer to celebrate together with a good bottle of wine on our balcony with some nice cheese and crackers that we grab at the buffet.  Now, that’s a celebration!

• Like 4