Wonder Junior Suites

RoperDK

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Why can't I find any available on the lower decks?  We like deck 6 or 8 and the only ones showing available are always on deck 10 and higher.  I have looked at multiple sailings out of Port Canaveral.  What am I missing?

Wonder was originally built for the Asian market so they revamped all the suites and there are a lot less and in different locations than other OA class ships

• Thanks 1

If I’m looking at the deck plan correctly I see 106 Junior Suites (+ 2Accessible). They appear to be spread out pretty evenly on all floors, other then 6 and 9. It looks like there are:

8 on deck 6

16 on deck 7

16 on deck 8

6 on deck 9

12 on deck 10

16 on deck 11

16 on deck 12

16 on deck 14 (+ 2Accessible)

But with so many lift and shifts, rooms held for reduced capacity, and ridiculously low prices combined with a shortened Caribbean season (6-7day & 1-5day cruises before returning to Europe), they have been going fast.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

If I’m looking at the deck plan correctly I see 106 Junior Suites (+ 2Accessible). They appear to be spread out pretty evenly on all floors, other then 6 and 9. It looks like there are:

8 on deck 6

16 on deck 7

16 on deck 8

6 on deck 9

12 on deck 10

16 on deck 11

16 on deck 12

16 on deck 14 (+ 2Accessible)

But with so many lift and shifts, rooms held for reduced capacity, and ridiculously low prices combined with a shortened Caribbean season (6-7day & 1-5day cruises before returning to Europe), they have been going fast.

I thought that they were all booked up, too.  However, on most Caribbean sailings the cabins on the upper decks are all available.  Seems strange that everyone would book lower decks and no one would book upper. I have been looking at sailings out of Port Canaveral for Jan thru May 2023.     

32 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

I thought that they were all booked up, too.  However, on most Caribbean sailings the cabins on the upper decks are all available.  Seems strange that everyone would book lower decks and no one would book upper. I have been looking at sailings out of Port Canaveral for Jan thru May 2023.     

I wonder if all of the lower decks are booked, or blocked off for some reason.  I did notice in some of the videos that crew has posted from their TA crossing it looked like a lot of their rooms are not finished, missing trim pieces, Etc.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

28 Grand Suites

10 Owners Suites

8 Crown Loft Suites

1 Royal Loft

1 Ultimate Family

48 total Suite Lounge Suites

We have a 2 bedroom AquaTheater suite booked on Wonder. I think there are 6 of that category.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

You are right.  I forgot 12 Aqua Theater suites.

60 Total

For some reason Mohamad, our suite concierge on Odyssey a couple weeks ago told us that the lounge only had to cater to 30 full suites on Wonder due to the lack of Suites because of the Asian cliental.  He must of been off on his numbers.

The categorization of JS on all Oasis class ships apparently can (and do) change based on when the cruise sails. If you are looking for a JS for two people, your selection will be limited on certain sailings. For example we have JS booked on a B2B in April 2023 on Wonder that was categorized as a J4 when we booked it, but when we tried to book that same cabin for a B2B on Wonder for January 2023, it was categorized as a J3.

To see what JS are really available, change the number of passengers from 2 to 3 or more and see what pops up.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

The categorization of JS on all Oasis class ships apparently can (and do) change based on when the cruise sails. If you are looking for a JS for two people, your selection will be limited on certain sailings. For example we have JS booked on a B2B in April 2023 on Wonder that was categorized as a J4 when we booked it, but when we tried to book that same cabin for a B2B on Wonder for January 2023, it was categorized as a J3.

To see what JS are really available, change the number of passengers from 2 to 3 or more and see what pops up.

Bingo!  That is what's going on.  The lower deck JS's show available for 3 or more people.  The higher deck JS's show for 2 people.  Funny, I thought all JS's had a sleeper sofa.  We've never had a problem getting any JS before.  

2 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Bingo!  That is what's going on.  The lower deck JS's show available for 3 or more people.  The higher deck JS's show for 2 people.  Funny, I thought all JS's had a sleeper sofa.  We've never had a problem getting any JS before.  

Occasionally they pop up for two, but with a significant $$ upcharge. The cabins on the January cruise would have cost us an extra $600 to book for two people.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

The other interesting thing is that all GS cabins are now on one deck...17.   I like that one!  🙂 

Yes, I like the layout difference, too.  Can't wait to see some pics and hear reviews.  Have been eyeing the GS, but a bit pricey for us.  I guess we will have to wait until she's not the new kid on the block.

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Yes, I like the layout difference, too.  Can't wait to see some pics and hear reviews.  Have been eyeing the GS, but a bit pricey for us.  I guess we will have to wait until she's not the new kid on the block.

We are on for four weeks, same GS cabin.   Love it!  On board to bring her into new home port PC.  🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RoperDK said:

A lot of people make that assumption, but it isn't so.  🙂 

• Thanks 1