Mariner of the Seas going into drydock - sailings cancelled

Russ Lomas

4 hours ago, FlyingMartini said:

The REAL problem here is none of us really know the answer as to what is going on, which ship or ships are really in dry dock (Mariner or Independence) and RCCL seems to be lying to somebody.  We we are scheduled to be on Mariner Feb 23-27 2023 during the supposed dry dock and received the email of our options such as Jewel of the Seas - but yet our RCCL sign in page still shows our cruise on Mariner - it does not say anything about it being cancelled.

Looks like your sailing is gone now.  My March 9th was there but now all of March is N/A

48 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Looks like your sailing is gone now.  My March 9th was there but now all of March is N/A

It is showing for sale on some travel agency sites now as a 4-day cruise, but still not showing on the RCCL site yet.  RCCL said we are welcome to reprice our cruise IF the price drops for the new 4-day voyage, so we are waiting to see what they are asking for it when they eventually post it.

5 hours ago, FlyingMartini said:

The REAL problem here is none of us really know the answer as to what is going on, which ship or ships are really in dry dock (Mariner or Independence) and RCCL seems to be lying to somebody.  We we are scheduled to be on Mariner Feb 23-27 2023 during the supposed dry dock and received the email of our options such as Jewel of the Seas - but yet our RCCL sign in page still shows our cruise on Mariner - it does not say anything about it being cancelled.

RCCL either were very dishonest with the wording of their emails they sent out to us, or the person who wrote it had absolutely no clue what was really happening.  The email clearly states that the Mariner is going into drydock.  I am guessing that they just did not want to say that you are being kicked off your ship you booked so that we can put the Independence passengers on it instead sailing out of the same port.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Coralc said:

Only? :classic_rolleyes: You are very fortunate with the number of ships. :classic_tongue:

17 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Yes, only three ships is very funny!

My "only" is in terms of the garage at Terminal 1 -- during the lull before Omicron spiked, the garage was full as were the overflow lots (paved and grass) and that was with 3 ships (Allure, Indy, Mariner)

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this - has anyone received any updates or emails?  We are booked on Feb 27 '23 Indy cruise and have not received anything pertaining to a switch to MOS? 

I did notice that our itinerary has changed on the website, when/if I do a mock booking, but have not received anything notifying me of the switch?

Edited by CTCruiser76

• 9 months later...
24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Is Mariner of the Seas going into dry dock   for the whole month of March 2023............I don't see any sailings for that time?

That is what the Hotel Manager told us when we were on her last August.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, hollins2007 said:

I about had a heart attack reading the subject title, but then realized this started last year and doesn't affect June 2023 sailings.  😵

Ditto.. We have a 4 cabin, 14 people family cruise in August booked on her.  

I'm trying to find a list of items they are updating on the ship.. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Yes, Mariner is going to drydock in mid February, then getting back to revenue cruises in April

Hey Smokey, I'm sure you are correct but do you have a website of this confirmation and what they will be doing?

4 minutes ago, NC State said:

Hey Smokey, I'm sure you are correct but do you have a website of this confirmation and what they will be doing?

I was on Mariner recently and was told the dates, though I don't know if the drydock would be anything more than the usual tune up.

• Like 1

If you push escalate customer service or push your TA to get after them more, you might a little something more, but otherwise that's just the way it is. I'm sure it's all covered in the legal mumbo jumbo in your contract.

Disappointing to lose a day though. We once had an entire itinerary changed so we did western Caribbean instead of eastern. It was due to a hurricane though, so I appreciate their concern for safety. Visited all the places I've already seen and don't care to go back. Only refunds we got were port taxes. Only had one or two days notice about the switch so people who made private arrangements were scrambling to cancel.

Edited by TBone2K

1 hour ago, Toddcan said:

IIRC what I was told, it is going to Cadiz for the dry dock, so subtract 16-18 days from those empty dates between 2/18 and 4/1 and my best guess is that it is only a routine maintenance/safety dry dock.

Edited by orville99

5 hours ago, Toddcan said:

The ship got amplified in 2018 hence it will likely only be marine maintenance, replacement of carpets etc.

• 2 weeks later...