Resumption of Cruising

Hogbay

Return of cruise ships   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Federal government has announced its up to the State government and territory to resume cruising?

8 hours ago, NSWP said:

Little off topic, so where is the new  Nuclear Submarine base going to be? Brisvegas, Newcastle, Port Kembla? To be used by the US Navy, Royal Navy and Royal Australia Navy. Sure the Yanks (72) and Brits (11)  have nuclear powered subs, but to my knowledge we do not. $10 Billion to construct, I reckon the Yanks and Brits will be putting most of that money in.

Standby for future anti nuclear submarine demonstrations, once the location is made public.

What say ye? 

Hopefully not Newcastle 

9 hours ago, NSWP said:

Little off topic, so where is the new  Nuclear Submarine base going to be? Brisvegas, Newcastle, Port Kembla? To be used by the US Navy, Royal Navy and Royal Australia Navy. Sure the Yanks (72) and Brits (11)  have nuclear powered subs, but to my knowledge we do not. $10 Billion to construct, I reckon the Yanks and Brits will be putting most of that money in.

Standby for future anti nuclear submarine demonstrations, once the location is made public.

What say ye? 

Rod said it should be built in Botany Bay…….just next to the cruise terminal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/6/2022 at 9:30 PM, gbenjo said:

Two ports ( Melb/ Syd) …….I think there may be another little town up north  that may have a cruise terminal capable of handling a ship or two. We , who live in Oz  know about it. 🤔

Well done! Are they open? 

No?

13 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Bottles of wine, boxes of chocolate and some Gold medals have been the best we have won at Trivia apart from the kudos of course

Ahhh…so thats where those chocolates you gave me at the  OPT came from. 😂😂😂😂😂

I was just talking with my Princess consultant about changing (again) a booked cruise. She mentioned that there is going to be some ‘exciting news’ very shortly. I wasn’t able to get much more information other than a hint that there will be new cruises offered this year and likely to be earlier than existing cruises. Anyone else heard anything like this?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Fine with Harry’s but a Nueclear sub base = Nuke target

Think of the Newcy economy Mr Gut and all those sailors from RAN, USN and RN about town.😁👩🍺

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Think of the Newcy economy Mr Gut and all those sailors from RAN, USN and RN about town.😁👩🍺

And think how hard it’ll be to get to Harrys, bad enough most Friday nights, speaking of Harry’s, And Friday nights, guess what me, Maxy and Mrs Gut had tonight.

• Haha 1

One day this will be true - just which day is the million dollar question.

Cruise ship ban could lift soon

The minister for trade and tourism, Dan Tehan, was on RN Breakfast just now, and indicated that the emergency ban on cruise ships could be lifted soon, saying an announcement will be made “in the next couple of days”.

Asked what health measures will be taken to prevent another Ruby Princess debacle, Tehan said it was down to state health officials:

A lot of work has been done to make sure that the protocols are in place, including making sure that we can collaboratively work between federal government responsibilities and use and state and territory government responsibilities.

Tehan also said he hoped increased fuel prices wouldn’t affect the tourism industry too extensively:

All the research we’re seeing is that the people who want to make a trip and come to Australia ... are prepared to pay to do so ... so our hope is the extra cost won’t dissuade.

38 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

One day this will be true - just which day is the million dollar question.

Cruise ship ban could lift soon

The minister for trade and tourism, Dan Tehan, was on RN Breakfast just now, and indicated that the emergency ban on cruise ships could be lifted soon, saying an announcement will be made “in the next couple of days”.

Asked what health measures will be taken to prevent another Ruby Princess debacle, Tehan said it was down to state health officials:

A lot of work has been done to make sure that the protocols are in place, including making sure that we can collaboratively work between federal government responsibilities and use and state and territory government responsibilities.

Tehan also said he hoped increased fuel prices wouldn’t affect the tourism industry too extensively:

All the research we’re seeing is that the people who want to make a trip and come to Australia ... are prepared to pay to do so ... so our hope is the extra cost won’t dissuade.

Something is happening this morning carnival has changed its South Pacific cruises to Great Barrier reef. Screenshot_20220314-085454_Gmail.thumb.jpg.14e335bf318c35dfa69ef1b7e138c617.jpg

On 3/11/2022 at 4:06 PM, Bluesky014 said:

I was just talking with my Princess consultant about changing (again) a booked cruise. She mentioned that there is going to be some ‘exciting news’ very shortly. I wasn’t able to get much more information other than a hint that there will be new cruises offered this year and likely to be earlier than existing cruises. Anyone else heard anything like this?

My Princess cruise consultant mentioned earlier cruises on the Coral if the cruising ban was lifted but this was about 10 days ago.